1.    #1  
    Just a quick FYI for everyone - Handera is now selling refurbed TRGPRO's and Handera 330's on their website. The prices are $99.00 USD and $229.00 USD and come with a 30 day warranty for repair or exchange.

I've been wanting one of these but the price has *always* been a sticking point. Now my problem is settling for the TRGPRO instead of the 330. Since the 330 allows for 2 removable cards, and for a chargable battery pack (not to mention *flash* rom - Ahem Handspring - take a lesson....) it is a serious contender for my next PDA. I had been thinking Prism (so I could keep my perphs) but at 99.00 for the TRGPRO and 99.00 for a folding keyboard, its *still* cheaper than buying a Prism or a 330. Color is not a big issue to me, since I have to work outdoors, but having an upgradable version of the PalmOS and 16 color gray for clarity on jpgs, and such is.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this on. I'm still keeping my heavily modified VDX, but I'm thinking that by the new year my wife will be using that, and I'll be using a PDA that comes with the ability to use a *wired* ethernet adapter!!

Cheers!

Tucson Sailors
    Yea, when I was looking at options to replace my stolen PDA, , I was thinking about one of the refurbished TRGPros. PDABuzz users rate them really highly, I'm sure it's a great machine. The thing I liked about it was the CF expansion, although pretty much every new PDA has some type of expansion now, but not as universal as CF, and I liked that sound system it has. However, it was the compatibility that got me, only syncs with PCs. I'd have to buy a like $40 adapter just to use it with my Mac. The rest all sounds great. Maybe later on if they get even cheaper, I'll buy one for fun.

Tell me what you think of it if or when you get it, Actually, you can get the keyboards for like $80 or so now.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
  3.    #3  
    Where? I just turned my stepdad onto the PDA revolution, and he's interested in getting a TRG and a folding KB. Where are you finding the KB for that price?

Cheers!

Tucson Sailors
    Yeah, I just picked up a refurb'd 330...what a cool device. I've never been big on the Palm III form factor, but after playing with it for a day now, I'm convinced. What a huge difference the extra real estate the virtual graffiti area makes! Plus its backlit, and all the built in CF card support just blows me away. I'm sold!
    Originally posted by tucson_sailors
    Where? I just turned my stepdad onto the PDA revolution, and he's interested in getting a TRG and a folding KB. Where are you finding the KB for that price?
    Pretty much anywhere, retail stores sell it around that price now. It's on for $90 at Amazon.com, just have to keep your eyes peeled for it. See if you can find any coupon codes.
    nelson.hsieh
  6.    #6  
    Just picked up the Saitek lighted pda stylus at Best Buy.

I'm already addicted. This is such a cool idea. With the horrible backlight on my VDX, this is the most useful accessory I have. I'll be giving these as my gifts for the Seasonal Festival of Greed.

Has tips to work with most of the PalmOS makes. Yellow light (only thing I'm not thrilled about) and a *replaceable* battery. This company has just made a happy consumer, and I will be turning on other people to this new toy. Its a shame that the website on the package (saitek.com/pda) doesn't work! I checked all of the different web sites for this company, and they don't have the product listed yet!

Edit - found a link
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/saitekusa/lightstylus.html

Its about $10.00 at Best Buy. Or you can order it from Yahoo if you don't have a Best Buy locally.

Cheers and Happy Seasonal Religious Festival of Greed to all!

Tucson Sailors
    Last edited by tucson_sailors; 12/15/2001 at 11:34 AM.
    Cool...how does it work? Is it an entire replacement stylus, so they're different models for each handheld? Hmm, I don't think they'll have a Visor Edge model...
    nelson.hsieh
  8.    #8  
    There is a replaceable cap on the top of the stylus. Its meant to replace the M1xx series, Palm III series, and Visor Solo/Dlx/Plat/Prism stylus and any machine that uses something similar (TRG, etc).

It came with a couple of spare caps, and after a little work I was able to take the default (Palm III) cap off, and put on the one for my VDX.

And, no - it would not work on the Edge. But then again, with only a couple of hundred sold in the world, can you blame a company for ignoring it as a market. }:>

(Meant tongue in cheek for all you Edge victims)

Cheers!

Tucson Sailors
    Originally posted by tucson_sailors
    And, no - it would not work on the Edge. But then again, with only a couple of hundred sold in the world, can you blame a company for ignoring it as a market. }:>

(Meant tongue in cheek for all you Edge victims)
    Dude! That's cold! I'm going to be an Egde user soon! I think it looks awesome, I don't see why they wouldn't get suckered into buying it. The Edge is like a crazzzzyyyyy cute freshmen you can't stay away from, The Clie is like an ok cute freshmen who can be very useful for many things...hehehe I know people like that......
    nelson.hsieh