1.    #1  
    Dude! Is all I can say! I hope the software support goes sky high like it did for Palm so that this thing is even better!

http://www.techtv.com/products/consu...363584,00.html
    This reminds me of the perfect pda on a thread here..
    Don't Worry It's Human Nature To Point Out The Obvious
    I've had my eye on this for a while. It seems almost perfect. My only concern - since it runs Linux, how many apps will be written to run on the thing?
    I would assume all linux programs, but might be wishful thinking.
    Don't Worry It's Human Nature To Point Out The Obvious
    Hmm, sounds cool...though I think it'll only provide a reasonable alternative for power users. Linux has been a great hit among us "super geeks" because we know what we're doing when we play around with this stuff. PalmOS, PPC, and Linux will be nice PDA platforms for us to play with. We could probably start messing with hardware soon, ya knoe, adding on custom made parts and bits to out handhelds like cars,

However, among the consumer market, the PalmOS has it, and will always have it. PPC is already too hard to use, Linux will be even harder. Also, the prices for both PPC and Linux are not there either, the new PPCs of today cost more than the PPCs when they started. When Palm started out, yea they were expensive, but now they have ranges from $99 to $449.

It'll be fun to play with, if I can even get my hands on one of these babys...
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    PDA Geek has posted a "first impressions" piece on the new Sharp Zarus. Very interesting.

http://www.geek.com/pdageek/features/zaurus/index.htm
  7.    #7  
    I sat surrounded by developers. That seems to be the cradle of the hype surrounding the Zaurus product at this point. Developers are drooling over this PDA, and it was evident during Trolltech's demo. The Trolltech folks showed cross-compiling on a desktop computer, with drop-down boxes to choose to which OS you are porting. I literally heard, "Ooh."
    Does this mean that PPC and Palm apps can be recompiled to work on the Zaurus? If I acquire proper funding I will seriously consider purchasing this baby. And they even got a thing to fight off the Treo and that Samsung
  9.    #9  
    Stuff about the OS: http://www.trolltech.com/products/qtopia/index.html

The desktop software seems to be made to make Palm Desktop users feel at home.
    I got to play with the Zaurus.
    and all i got to say is WOW

I thought it would be bigger than th iPac. Nope smaller.
    The keyboard was actually usable. more than I thought.
    Plus the mp3 playback quality was awesome.

I was in heaven untill i had to give it back.
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Lucky guy. Can you give us more detailed impressions?
    Dude i am so sorry that this week i cannot give a full first impression, due to i am taking finals...i need an "A" bad in Econ.

So if you got any questions ask and i will give answers.
    I feel your pain. I don't have any specific questions, and it obviously isn't time sensitive since this thing isn't available at retail yet. Post something more detailed when you have more time if you feel like it.

Good luck with exams. I hated econ when I was in college.
    Originally posted by culo77
    I thought it would be bigger than th iPac. Nope smaller.
    The pictures from the gageteer review show the "developer" model as bigger than the iPaq.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Originally posted by slotmachine

The pictures from the gageteer review show the "developer" model as bigger than the iPaq.
    Maybe it is when you pull out the KB but it just feels, and to the eye looks smaller in my hand.

If linux was as easy as Palm os i would have waited and got the Zaurus.