1.    #1  
    I read :

"Sony announced an expansion sled that will only be available in Japan for CompactFlash wireless modems. When a modem is not being used, the sled, which has a built-in battery, will act as an additional power source for a Clie handheld."

Do you suppose this means Sony will not be making a wireless modem Memory Stick? And why do you suppose only in Japan?
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    First, I believe the CF Sled is only for the T-Series of handhelds. It is also possible that it will make it to the US eventually.

Currently, however, Sony makes its own Wireless modem sled for the S-320. I would think they would do something like this for the N series as well. Maybe that is why they are not offering the CF Sled in the US.

I do not know about a MS Wireless modem, seems like that would not work. I would think it would be a bit awkard and possibly fragile.

Sony Mylo Wireless
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  3.    #3  
    What would make an MS wireless modem more fragile than an MS GPS which is already been announced.
    Originally posted by maddog
    What would make an MS wireless modem more fragile than an MS GPS which is already been announced.
    Well, in my opinion, the MemoryStick GPS looks a bit fragile also.

Truth is, I would rather them use the the Sled method anyway so you can have data on the MS. This would be particularly useful for the GPS so one could store Maps on the MS.

By the way, I believe the GPS has been announced as "Japan Only". No word on whether or not they will release it here.

The only good thing about using the MS method is compatibility with all models. If they use the sled, then they would have to develop one for each model that has a different shape and connector.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  5.    #5  
    I guess I don't like the added bulk of a sled. But I could see the advantage to being able to leave the MS Slot open for extra apps while having the sled attached.

I still would like to see some sort of wireless modem for the N series without having to wire it up to an external cellphone. I am not that interested in the GPS or digital camera.