Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After my Clie loss, I'm looking into buying a new PDA, but I don't have much money. If anyone want's to buy my clie accessories, to help me out, check the MarketPlace board.

I figure I'll be able to get together around $125 from selling and my own cash. I don't know what to decide from, but I've pretty much narrowed it down. I do have a Mac, so that goes into consideration...

- Refurbished Visor Deluxe ($90)
    - Refurbished TRGPro ($99) This unit sounds so niice, but it can't sync with Mac. Is there anyway that it could? Or is there a way to transer my info from my Mac to a PC? To get me started...
    - Palm Vx (?)
    - Sony Clie S320 (? Don't know what the lowest price I can get on it)

I would go for the S320 if I could find a good price, same with the Palm Vx. Between the TRGPro and Visor, which one would be better for me? Anyone have a S320 or Palm Vx they're willing to sell or know anywhere to get them cheap?

Thanks guys...
    Last edited by AzNCoMpUtAnErD; 12/06/2001 at 01:08 PM.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Well, you could get the Deluxe, as it is the cheapest of the lot. In addition, it is the only one with MAC compatibility out of the box. That saves even more money. The drawback is OS3.1 and it is refurbished. Though you could probably find a new one for slightly more.

You could get the CLIE, as it has OS4.0 on it, FlashROM, MemoryStick, and JobWheel. Cost is $169.99, but you can order from www.dell.com and enter CouponCode DC6C3A014759 for $25.00 Off. In addition, they are doing free shipping. Total Cost would be $144.99. You could also keep your Stowaway and maybe some of your other items. Of course, if you are using that money to finance your new PDA, then that will not work.

Personally, I would go with the Sony. It is a newer generation PDA with the latest OS.

Or, you could spend all your money and time hunting down the sorry piece of dirt who stole your CLIE to begin with.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  3.    #3  
    I dunno, I'm leaning towards Clie or Visor. I have the Missing Sync software already, so a Sony product will be no problem. A clie will probably have the smoothest transition. Hopefully if someone will buy my keyboard, my friends would help me out as a christmas gift in getting a new handheld. Still miss my clie though...even now knows that I lost my clie, whoever has it...definately knows who I am now...aside from the fact my ID card and library were in there..

Well, I'd get the S320, but does anyone know where it can be found for the cheapest price? Thanks...
    nelson.hsieh
    get the s320 at that price.
    as to where to find it... dunno...
    You might have a heard time beating the Dell price. You could always hold out until after Christmas and see if the price drops, otherwise order it from DELL for the $144.00 with free shipping.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    I checked PriceWatch.com and the cheapest they have the S320 is $146.00 and shipping is $16.00.

Of course, the crazy thing is the cost of the S300, someone is actually selling them for $215.00 and up. That is one I will never understand.

PriceWatch
  7.    #7  
    Thanks GSR13 for all those price checks,

Do you think I should go ahead and trade with Fat_Man? He's offering a 6 month used Visor Platinum and I believe a 16 MB Memory Module (Check out MarketPlace: Clie Accesssories). Or should I try and sell my keyboard and accessories for money, and buy a Clie or other handheld I could get. The thing with that is, it'll be a lot more hassle, and I will have to spend extra money, however much the difference is between what I get, and how much my new PDA costs. I'm leaning towards the trade, waiting for you reply Fat_Man! Thanks!
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Thanks GSR13 for all those price checks,

Do you think I should go ahead and trade with Fat_Man? He's offering a 6 month used Visor Platinum and I believe a 16 MB Memory Module (Check out MarketPlace: Clie Accesssories). Or should I try and sell my keyboard and accessories for money, and buy a Clie or other handheld I could get. The thing with that is, it'll be a lot more hassle, and I will have to spend extra money, however much the difference is between what I get, and how much my new PDA costs. I'm leaning towards the trade, waiting for you reply Fat_Man! Thanks!
    I would say take the trade. Sounds like a pretty good deal for both parties. At least with the Platinum you get the speed and newer OS, not to mention MAC support out of the box.

This should hold you over until you can save up for another color PDA.
    trade. the Plat is a great device, I almost traded my Prism for a plat and an accessory (almost!). You should be very happy with it, and you will notice the speed improvement over the clie.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    trade. the Plat is a great device, I almost traded my Prism for a plat and an accessory (almost!). You should be very happy with it, and you will notice the speed improvement over the clie.
    Yea, I've seen a Platinum before, it is really speedy, so in that respect, it's better than my clie. It got pretty sluggish for many reasons, hehe. I'll be happy with it, until yea, I can save up for whatever Sony has up their sleeves, Anyone know where I can get some cheap springboards???
    nelson.hsieh
    Start saving up now for the T600 series!
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    Start saving up now for the T600 series!
    At the rate I earn money, I'm sure Sony will have something way niicer than the T600 by then. Maybe like a T800 or something, slim color, MP3, virtual graffiti, *ahhhh* hehe...

It took me a month's salary to buy that 64 MB MS, I make about $15 a week because I'm not yet old enough to work, legally...

We'll see, I'll be happy with whatever I can get now, and after my experiences, I'm not gonna be so nice about letting people see my PDA, no way, not after what happen, I don't care who they are.

Well, thanks guys
    nelson.hsieh
    Wait... your CLIE was STOLEN?? I've been away for a while, so I missed this!
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    Wait... your CLIE was STOLEN?? I've been away for a while, so I missed this!
    Yea, you can read about it in my thread: Loss Clie . Nothing has shown up and I haven't heard any news of it, so I think pretty much its gone, an over $600 investment, all gone.

Hey slot, you wouldnt happen to have any PDAs lying around you be willing to sell to me or trade for a clie keyboard and some other things I still have left from the clie, would ya? Thanks...
    nelson.hsieh
    Sorry to hear about your Clie. Bummer.

If it were me, I would select the Clie 320 hands down. It's cheap...thin..ultralight...and has the only REAL backlight of any PalmOS device. That alone would win out for me. I owned a first generation Clie and I LOVED it! The backlight was awesome, and the smaller screen yields tighter pixel depth. So the display is surprisingly sharp and clear. Check it out!
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Hey slot, you wouldnt happen to have any PDAs lying around you be willing to sell to me or trade for a clie keyboard and some other things I still have left from the clie, would ya? Thanks...
    Wish I could help ya man.. if don't mind a used one though, there may be a flood of fairly new models on Ebay after Christmas. You may be able to replace it for around $300 if you're lucky.
    Last edited by slotmachine; 12/08/2001 at 02:39 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks for the advice Foo and slot, I think I'll go for the trade with Fat_Man, cuz I'm sooo short on cash, because of x-mas presents, and now my lost clie. I would get a S320 or Palm Vx, but I can't really afford either. I'ma trade with Fat_Man flat out for a Visor Platinum and 16 MB module. Sounds good to me until I can save up for whatever Sony's got in store in the next 6 months. As for now, I'm have to move *back* to monochrome. I've never used a mono-device ever, my first handheld was about 3 years ago, a Compaq 2010C and even that was in color. Thanks guys...i'M out...
    nelson.hsieh
    I have a palm IIIe in great condition, original box and all. I know its not much anymore but if you want it its yours, maybe you can sell it and apply it to your next pda.
    Originally posted by macster
    I have a palm IIIe in great condition, original box and all. I know its not much anymore but if you want it its yours, maybe you can sell it and apply it to your next pda.
    You know, I read your post three times trying to find what I missed. I kept looking for what you wanted in return. I still have not found it. That is a very generous offer.
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by macster
    Thanks, that would be great! I'll have to start saving up after the holidays, got some presents to buy for friends, but that would definately help me! You're too kind a guy, send me an email, and we'll talk more about it, thanks!

nshsieh@aol.com

You wouldnt happen to be a mac user too would you?
    nelson.hsieh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast