Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.clieclub.jp/T_photo/index.htm
    my new pda if handspring doesnt come out with anything
    That makes two of us! Great link chow-man.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Droooooool, look at all the icons you can see on the screen! What resolution is that?!
    Don't Worry It's Human Nature To Point Out The Obvious
    Hey when Hs doesnt come out with anything **** the treo i am with you.
    We can get together and form a Fake company and get the small business discount.

Does the 600 play mp3's too?
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Originally posted by culo77
    Does the 600 play mp3's too?
    Not natively.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    So i would have to buy the $129 adapter and software fo rthe mp3 on the 600
    Originally posted by culo77
    So i would have to buy the $129 adapter and software fo rthe mp3 on the 600
    right.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    The T600 definitely looks like something I would want. I mean this is putting everything together. They do need to release the CF adapter though here in the US because I think that is one of the biggest reasons why I want to get the T600, expansion not limited to Sony products. I mean the MS camera and GPS devices are pretty weak in my opinion. With a CF adapter, that won't be a problem.

As I said in a previous thread, if Handspring doesn't come out with something with better resolution or color w/ 16 MB, then I will go to Sony I don't want to do that. Personally, if Handspring releases a Visor with 320x320 and 16 MB, I would get it. it doesn't even need to be thin. Form-factor is never an issue for me. I have big enough pockets though I would like it to be in the standard Visor/Deluxe/Platinum/Pro/Neo form factor. But with no new color devices from Handspring lately, I am not sure anymore.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Hmm. Nice, very nice. The Cliés aren't so bad, either!

I saw the T415 this weekend and even *that* screen blows away anything HS has now. Greyscale on the T415 is incredible, And it's sooo thin! Visibly thinner than my Edge. About the only downside I could find was that the screen is a tad bit smaller.

Judging by the T415, the T615 should be about as thick as an Edge, and a bit smaller in overall dimensions. If that's the case, I'll be carrying around a T615 within a month of it hitting the states (assuming it's not something like $600, of course).
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    The T600 will definitely be my next PDA of choice. I've been looking to upgrade from my M505 for some time now, I'm getting sick of the low resolution display...it's driving me nuts. A few weeks ago I tried to switch to a 760C, but the unit DELL sent me had the much dreaded dust issue, so I gave up.

In the words of Fat *******, the T600 looks.."Dead Sexy". It has a slim, sexy design with a nice flip cover, at least from what I can tell. The only thing that worries me is how reliable the flip cover attachment will be. Many current Clie owners report problems with the lids popping off too easily. Maybe Sony has solved the problem on the T600.

Can't wait for this little guy to hit the US market. Too bad that will most likely be next year!
    And to throw my hat in with the rest of the crowd: me too.

A friend and co-worker who looked over the T415 (he didn't know about the T600 -- he's now waiting for that) gave me enough of a thumbs-up on the new buttons that I'm betting this is the one. As mentioned before, I just didn't feel comfortable with the buttons on the N710 when I briefly had one. And the T6X0 looks like everything I want.

I'll have to get a new PC with USB support, but that was pretty much the plan for December/January anyway.

I've given up on HandSpring, unfortunately -- or they've given up on me. Pity, because my own personal experience is that the SpringBoard slot has been an extremely successful feature. The FlashPlus adapter has allowed me to expand my VDX in a way that wasn't possible when I first bought the PDA. Pretty damn impressive!
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    So sad to say that you've gone away - bostones .... any way I'm sticking with Visor for a little longer, i have just upgraded to the prism and love it. The Clie's are way to expensive for my me, Visors were made to be affordable and that's why i like them. Looks like Sony is the new power house.
    I cant belive just one month ago i was a gung-ho Visor supporter. I told myself every day not to jump ship cause i a faith in HAndspring. I had hope fo a release at comdex or before X-mas, nope. Then i started to realize slowly day by day that its not handspring anymore its TREOSPRING .

Then when i order the stylus pen for the edge form Treospring and paid $30.95 includes tax shipping and $10 off. I started to wow treospring i exepensive.

Then when i recieved my stylus pen for the edge IT WAS PLASTIC. (see my post in the edge section about this).

Now i am total pisst at treospring. and i am getting tired of them. The only thing i still respect them for is their support for and help durring and after 9-11.

But as "bookmouse" said treospring gave up on us..
    T600 stuff has been around for a while, discussion finally starts? LOL, well anyways...

The T600 looks great, I'd get it, but can't afford it. I'll wait until Sony comes out with something crazily spectacular, my 710+ will last me a while. The only thing I don't like about the T600 is no MP3, but I mean, it's gotta be crazy to try to do that in something that small...eventually...

I saw a T415 yesterday at Circuit City, while getting a new mini-tape recorder for english / spanish, so I don't have to take notes at skoo . It looks awesome. Better than what I thought. When I turned it on, the screen looked like color to me, its awesome. Not as good as my 710, more like an m505, but it was nice. The location of the power button it not as bad as I thought. I also like the buttons, better than the 710. The metal job dial is way better than a plastic one. I think I'd love the T600, but I can't afford it, and it doesn't have MP3. Hopefully they'll come out in the US for you guys...
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I went to the Comp USA in Overland Park and took a look at the T415. Very nice. The screen isn't as bad as some people have been saying it was, it is just different. The buttons are not as good as on my Visor Platinum but WAY better than the ones on the 710C next to it. The jog wheel is nice. however, to be honest, the feel of it would take some getting used to, almost too small for my hand.

Don't think that I am going to rush out and get a T615C when it comes out. I don't exactly have the money for that. But certainly, if Handspring doesn't come out with something between now and June 2002 other than the Treo, I will go to the Clie.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    I second you Volcanopele, The Clie's are realy thin, i supose it's a good thing, but i can be forget full and leave it in my pocket for a wash or sit on it while it's in my back pocket. With my Prism i know it's there, it's a good feeling
    Anybody knows when the PEG T600C is coming out in the USA? I just don't want to deal anymore with Handspring and its Treoness. I think this is what I always wanted 16MB of Ram, high resolution 320x320, 16bits, memory expansion, flash memory, VFS support, slim form factor, metal like case and a good brand.

Also, if you look around the web, Memory Sticks are getting cheapers like the Lexars.

I'm sorry to say I'm leaving HandSpring

Al
    Originally posted by LeaDxPainT
    I second you Volcanopele, The Clie's are realy thin, i supose it's a good thing, but i can be forget full and leave it in my pocket for a wash or sit on it while it's in my back pocket. With my Prism i know it's there, it's a good feeling
    Form factor is not very important to me. The Visor form factor is perfect in my opinion. Small enough to not feel like a brick and big enough to feel substantial in your hand. Plus, I wear pants that always have large enough pockets for even a laptop to fit Certainly, the fact that its thin is great but there are other factors for why I like T600C. It has a high-res color screen with dual expansion, 16 MB, and it's compatible with upcoming Memory stick I/O devices. The fact that its thin too is just icing on the cake.

I don't think I will ever forget my PDA in my pants and have it go through the wash. I go everywhere with my Visor. Paraphrasing American Express, "I never leave home with out it."

Jason
    I currently got my Vdx that will probably last a long time but when I decide to replace, if HS doesn't have anything new out thats cool then I will also jump ship. I like Handspring, but the springboard is what I love, and they need to update their Visors. None of this Treo junk does it for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast