1.    #1  
    Hello everyone - I'm writing this as I am leaving work - running out the door - so forgive me if it is has been posted somewhere else... I recently bought a Visor Deluxe - I like it a lot but there are basically two things I don't like - the backlight sucks (but I guess I can live with that) and the OS cannot be upgraded (which I don't think I can live with). I downloaded a bunch of shareware from Palmgear, etc. and about half of it runs only on OS 3.5 or higher. Also, there is a nice new Palm OS that has just been released and all I can do is wish I could upgrade or I am forced to buy another Palm device. DOES ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON WHICH PALM TO BUY IN WHICH THE OS CAN BE UPGRADED AS NEEDED?!? (Preferably under $300 smacks) Thanks in advance. B.T.W. - Anyone interested in a nice used Ice colored Visor Deluxe...?

THANKS
    I like my deluxe. However the Visors can't be upgraded. If you really feel this is important most people like the CLIEs from Sony.
    Well, you would probably be better off going with a Palm, Inc. device. They have FlashROM, and since they write the software, are typically the first to offer the update.

For Sony to offer an update, they have to take the software and modify to fit the additional features of the CLIE, thus delaying the release.

In addition, for users to upgrade a CLIE710 running OS3.5 to 4.01, users had to send the CLIE to Sony, pay for the upgrade, and wait for the CLIE to be shipped back. Kind of hassle, but it can be upgraded, something HandSpring has yet to offer.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by toyotatundra
    Hello everyone - I'm writing this as I am leaving work - running out the door - so forgive me if it is has been posted somewhere else... I recently bought a Visor Deluxe - I like it a lot but there are basically two things I don't like - the backlight sucks (but I guess I can live with that) and the OS cannot be upgraded (which I don't think I can live with). I downloaded a bunch of shareware from Palmgear, etc. and about half of it runs only on OS 3.5 or higher. Also, there is a nice new Palm OS that has just been released and all I can do is wish I could upgrade or I am forced to buy another Palm device. DOES ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON WHICH PALM TO BUY IN WHICH THE OS CAN BE UPGRADED AS NEEDED?!? (Preferably under $300 smacks) Thanks in advance. B.T.W. - Anyone interested in a nice used Ice colored Visor Deluxe...?

THANKS
    Hmm, my friend hasn't had that problem...YET...we'll see.

Well, for under $300, I'd go for something like a Sony T415 or S320 for $169, you can find 'em around $130 for now though, . They both have OS 4 and OS 4 will go a long way. Any other OS 4 updates won't be too big, it would be nice to upgrade, but not entirely necessary. When OS 5 comes out, your hardware most likely won't even support it (i.e. ARM processors, new displays, etc) So, you'll have to buy a new PDA anyways. There's also always warez clie upgrades...hehe

So, I'll say your safe with any OS 4 machine for at least a year, if you can resist PDA lust for that long...lol. I'd reccomend the T415 or S320 Clies though...

How much are you selling the Ice Visor for?
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .