1.    #1  
    I used a Treo 600 (Sprint) for 2.5 years, then a Treo 750 (AT&T) for 2.5 years. I've been fairly happy with my 750, but it is suffering from recent physical trauma and I need to find a replacement. I haven't been active on this board for a long time, and I'm very confused about what my options are out there. Perhaps you guys could help?

Here are my needs:

First, I am on AT&T and it would take a lot to switch, due to sharing an account with my family.

Absolute must-haves, non-negotiable:

1. Hardware keyboard.

2. Speed! My 750 is dreadfully slow, both running apps and on 3G/HSDPA. This has become an issue many times when driving and having slow nav updates or access to data in the PDA.

3. Either the actual MS Office apps or something with seamless compatibility. I use Excel everyday in my Treo 750-- it is the most critical app for me behind Google Maps. I suspect this may mean that I should stick with WM as the OS, but I know nothing about Android.

4. Bluetooth & WiFi (These are pretty standard these days).

My general usage needs/habits:

1. I use my Treo as a navigation device, coupled via bluetooth to an external GPS receiver. This is critical to my job. I would assume a new device would have integrated GPS, but I could live without integrated GPS.

2. Text messaging. I used to shun this, but I found ways to use it to increase work productivity and to maintain multiple, mutually unaware, romantic relationships The WM6 app has been quite nice, although I'd like to see something with an even more private feature.

3. Mobile office apps. I use Excel daily, and Word frequently. I often use my Treo on the go as a portable word processing device to compose new documents. I need either MS Office or a robust suite that has plenty of formatting options.

4. I have never once viewed a video, listened to music, downloaded ringtones, recorded a video, or any of that teeny-bopper crap that cell phones get used for. I don't even need a camera, but I do find it useful in some situations (e.g., for legal CYA). Needless to say, I will not be using Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or any of that B.S.
  2.    #2  
    Wow- 113 views and not a single reply? Surely there are some opinions out there.

In the meantime, I have become incresingly interested in the HTC Touch Pro2. It appears to meet my criteria, but I am completely unfamiliar with it and HTC products in general. Any comments?
    try a pre if you like but you wont have all the features right away . so if you cant wait im sure there is a forum for other phones somewhere else lol. ps the pre is capable of alot more than its currently giving but i can wait because like anything in this world waiting is sometimes the best thing to do.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    If you need what you have listed.....dont buy the pre! Blackberry or htc. OR YOU COULD BUY THE PRE AND WAIT 2 YEARS FOR IT TO DO WHAT ITS CAPABLE TO DO.....IF PALMS AROUND THAT LONG. THE PRE'S GOING TO BE AWESOME YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW.....CUZ THERES A UPDATE COMING FOR THAT
    The Wams