1.    #1  
    If they were all on one network, which would you pick and why? I would pick the Pre because I like being unique.
    Well, then, unfortunately you've failed already at being unique. I have a Pre, too.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    All of the above
    id pick the iphone.. i just got the pre and made an account at PREcentral.net for the hell of it... plus the iphone has a REAL keyboard FLASH .. and better multitasking than anyother phone out there... **** my pre
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    I would pick the Pre because I like being unique.
    So if the Pre becomes a huge success you're going to dump it?
  6.    #6  
    Ni, but if you walk into Starbucks everybody has an iphone. I love my pre, i m not dumpin it anytime soon.
    Pet peeve time, folks: "unique" means literally "one of a kind." It doesn't mean simply uncommon, although it's commonly used that way.

More germane to the OP's post, why would anyone base their decision on what smartphone to buy on how popular a device is? I don't find it any more legitimate to choose the Pre because it's not as popular than it is to choose the iPhone because it's the most popular.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I would stay with my pre....
  9. joelpalm
    I would choose a Samsung Flip phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAstleeee View Post
    If they were all on one network, which would you pick and why? I would pick the Pre because I like being unique.
    I've already had a G1 - still do but I don't use it much these days. I never get an iPhone because I was never able to get used to the virtual keyboard. I chose the Pre and still use it because of its speed, ease of use, and backwards compatibility with older PalmOS apps. Compared to my G1, my Pre is much faster (in fact, I often reset the Pre if it starts becoming as slow as the G1). I also think that the Pre's GPS gets a faster fix than the G1's does. Apps on the Pre while not as abundant as on Android tend to be much cleaner and easier to use. When I still used my G1 as my only phone, I rarely ever used its anemic calendar. I use the Pre's calendar constantly.

The G1's biggest advantage over the Pre is in terms of the power of its applications with Google Maps being a prime example. Google Maps is probably better on G1 than it is on Pre (the Pre's lack of a Street View Google Maps is disappointing and Google Maps on the G1 has beefed up its search and direction finding features. Google Maps by itself would almost be enough to keep me on the G1 if it weren't for the Pre's superior speed and the power of its Universal Search and location services. With the Pre, I rarely even bother to open up Google Maps. I usually just type out an address or the name of a place and select Google Maps from the Find window.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I like me a satellite phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lookngood18 View Post
    id pick the iphone.. i just got the pre and made an account at PREcentral.net for the hell of it... plus the iphone has a REAL keyboard FLASH .. and better multitasking than anyother phone out there... **** my pre
    iPhone has an on-screen keyboard so in essence it isn't "real" it is simulated when compared to a physical keyboard like the Pre has. And Flash? Really? The iphone doesn't have flash, neither does the Pre, but it has been announced by Adobe it is coming for Android, WebOS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian... Mobile OSX wasn't in their list when they announced support later this year. Multitasking, again the iphone now has background notifications, that isn't multitaking. The most multi-tasking it has is playing music while doing something else. Try switching between surfing the web for info, writing an email, and talking on the phone at the same time with an iPhone.

At least some of the trolls make it less obvious what they are doing, there wasn't even any effort here. Just about everything in that post was backwards, if we replace pre and iphone you come up with...

id pick the pre.. i just got the iphone and made an account at PREcentral.net for the hell of it... plus the pre has a REAL keyboard FLASH .. and better multitasking than anyother phone out there... **** my iphone
    Now see how that actually makes sense and is factual?
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    iPhone has an on-screen keyboard so in essence it isn't "real" it is simulated when compared to a physical keyboard like the Pre has. And Flash? Really? The iphone doesn't have flash, neither does the Pre, but it has been announced by Adobe it is coming for Android, WebOS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian... Mobile OSX wasn't in their list when they announced support later this year. Multitasking, again the iphone now has background notifications, that isn't multitaking. The most multi-tasking it has is playing music while doing something else. Try switching between surfing the web for info, writing an email, and talking on the phone at the same time with an iPhone.

At least some of the trolls make it less obvious what they are doing, there wasn't even any effort here. Just about everything in that post was backwards, if we replace pre and iphone you come up with...

Now see how that actually makes sense and is factual?
    Well done lol... The iphones inability to multitask really holds back the essence of "productivity"... I love it when I wake up my pre and see 10 cards making up my day and I can pick up right where I left off without having to try to remember what it was I was doing. Now THAT is productivity. I choose the Pre for universal search and multitasking in webos