1.    #1  
    Man...now with the holiday season, I know at least a lot of my friends want a PDA. My friend just got a Visor Deluxe for $99. However, crazy, the Clie S320's are like, $120 or so all over the place. The Visor Deluxe sells for $129, the Visor Neo for $199, and m105 what is it, $150? The m125, $250? Ridiculous, honestly, which one would any of you choose? None of those except the m125 have real memory expansion. (Yes, springboard on the visor ) None of them have a rechargable battery. Man...Sony's taking over!

Also, with those free 32 MB memory sticks, the 610C price drop, the new T415, and the upcoming T600, what's gonna happen to Palm and Handspring...Sony's releasing products so fast, they don't even have time to think about countering each one...

I love my 710+
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I'll tell you whos really gonna get stomped. . . Palm Inc. that is. Sony is trying very hard to rule the landscape.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    I'll tell you whos really gonna get stomped. . . Palm Inc. that is. Sony is trying very hard to rule the landscape.
    Sony IS going to rule the PDA landscape...and that includes PPC.

As for the 320, I think it is by far the best entry level Palm device on the market. I recommend it to every neophyte. The Visor sucks...too bulky, crappy backlight, non-upgradeable OS, and is stuck with a dying expansion format. The Clie 320 is small, thin, lightweight, inexpensive, offers better (cheaper) exapansion, and has the best backlight on ANY mono Palm. It's a winner.
  4.    #4  
    LOL, yea...I bet in probably 18 to 24 months Sony will have as much market share has Palm did that long ago. Handspring and Palm will either have gone bankrupt or in the process of, haha. I still think little companies will pop in and out though, just like Linux, BeOS, etc against Windows.

Microsoft definately has the money to keep PPC running for another 1,000,000 years, haha. However, people are definately not gonna stick with one at the rate Sony is innovating...
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Microsoft definately has the money to keep PPC running for another 1,000,000 years, haha. However, people are definately not gonna stick with one at the rate Sony is innovating...
    Microsoft is welcome to poor as much capital into PocketPC as they want, it's still a flop with consumers. As long as the price gap between Palms and PPCs remains as wide as the Grand Canyon, consumers will NEVER adopt PPC. Who the hell would spend $600 on a PDA?!?! I'm a gadget freak, but even I wouldn't spend that much on PDA, it's not worth it.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    Microsoft is welcome to poor as much capital into PocketPC as they want, it's still a flop with consumers. As long as the price gap between Palms and PPCs remains as wide as the Grand Canyon, consumers will NEVER adopt PPC. Who the hell would spend $600 on a PDA?!?! I'm a gadget freak, but even I wouldn't spend that much on PDA, it's not worth it.
    Hmm, they probably will, Gates himself can't stand to lose at anything, they will keep trying and trying until they beat their competition in every area. As we can see from the Windows OS itself, Internet Explorer, Office suite, etc. They will probably never stop spening on PPC, even if they're losing money.

As for consumers, pretty much maybe I dunno, I'm guessing 20% of PDA power users have PPCs. That a VERY low number of consumers. The main market share of PPCs are in corporations. PPC does have powerful software for corporations, better than PalmOS, and companies think it's a much better solution and is a lot cheaper, even at $600 bucks a pop. However, they've found out that the PPCs are way to big and heavy for their "guys in suits" to carry around. My brother works for Anderden and he has a Palm V, but he still doesn't like to carry it with him when he goes to work, he leaves it in his bag. So the technology isn't as great as they though...

Sony is definately trying to take over all markets. The low end consumers, middle of the road, and definately the high-end, would have bought a PPC user. They're doing a good job, I can't wait to see what they come out with next... LOL, fruit roll up commercial "What fun roll ups will they come out with next?"
    nelson.hsieh
    MD!! Long time no post man! I love what Sony is doing with these rapid fire rollouts. I'm all over that T6XXC when it rolls out. Somebody posted on PIC that PDAs should be limited to one model per year. What kind of *@*#$ nonsense is THAT.
    Foo Fighter
    Microsoft is welcome to poor as much capital into PocketPC as they want, it's still a flop with consumers.
    I talked to a PPC rep a few days ago about the iPaq. I asked him why the new iPAQs were no smaller than the old ones. He basically said that they decided to cram more into the existing chassis rather than shrink it. Same size. Same price. Same mindset. Same result.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Originally posted by slotmachine

Somebody posted on PIC that PDAs should be limited to one model per year. What kind of *@*#$ nonsense is THAT.
    Ha Ha! I read that, and your response as well. Some people should have their f*cking heads examimed. If this person thinks that just one PDA should be released per year, he shouldn't be using one in the first place. A pen and paper is more more his/her style.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    MD!! Long time no post man! I love what Sony is doing with these rapid fire rollouts. I'm all over that T6XXC when it rolls out. Somebody posted on PIC that PDAs should be limited to one model per year. What kind of *@*#$ nonsense is THAT.

I talked to a PPC rep a few days ago about the iPaq. I asked him why the new iPAQs were no smaller than the old ones. He basically said that they decided to cram more into the existing chassis rather than shrink it. Same size. Same price. Same mindset. Same result.
    Haha, yea, crazy. He/she just hasn't ever seen any company innovate and release products so quickly. He's got the "Palm-syndrome" of product production. It doesn't matter how many products a company comes out with, it's a question if those new products are even significant to be considered over an older, cheaper product.

However, it kinda sucks for us consumers, even with Sony. We buy a new product (i.e. Clie 710) and few months later the release a ton of new Clies, including the 760 . So many new products makes the old ones look like antiques, well, not that bad, but you know what I mean. LOL, they do make those Palm and Handspring's look like antiques fo' sure Also, it contributes to our "PDA-lust," but that helps the company, hehe.
    nelson.hsieh