Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86
  1. I_Ryan's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #41  
    Before too long Sprint is going to be one of the few CDMA carriers left in the US because Verizon's new devices will be LTE and that is going to be run through sim cards
  2. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    The iPhone also came out in 2007. It's 2009 now, you have to compete in the current market. Had the Pre came out in 2007 the way it is now, then that would have been different, it would have featured something few devices had at that time (elegant touch interface and full browser).

    We get it, the current iPhone took two years to evolve, and the Pre will do the same in two years. However, if you are talking about competing in the current smartphone market, the Pre needs to develop a lot faster, because it doesn't have the same time iPhone had. It needs to start matching features soon or Palm isn't going to make it.
    Actually I understand it is 2009. If you read the rest of my post I stated that I feel the Pre stacks up well to the new Iphone also. The Pre needs to start matching features? The freaking newest Iphone still can't send picture messages out of the box! Also how about a flash for the Iphone camera? I think the Pre will catch up to and surpass alot of phones (including the Iphone) by the first few months of 2010. I do agree they need to grow but the Pre and WebOS are not in any danger of not making it.
  3. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    The iPhone also came out in 2007. It's 2009 now, you have to compete in the current market. Had the Pre came out in 2007 the way it is now, then that would have been different, it would have featured something few devices had at that time (elegant touch interface and full browser).

    We get it, the current iPhone took two years to evolve, and the Pre will do the same in two years. However, if you are talking about competing in the current smartphone market, the Pre needs to develop a lot faster, because it doesn't have the same time iPhone had. It needs to start matching features soon or Palm isn't going to make it.
    Also One last dig lol. You are right it is 2009 and phones need to compete with CURRENT features of this time to succeed....so.... when is the Iphone going to get a removable battery that the owner can change or swap out for a spare? I mean come on almost all other cell phones have had this feature since the start of the USA's using of cellular devices! The Iphone is only about 20 or so years behind on that one VERY important feature.
  4. #44  
    awww another goodbye to pre thread . Im just curious, do people just need to have attention? I mean, I buy things just like everyone else and if I don't like it "I" take it back. I don't play with it and then say "hey this thing sucks some I'm going to go online and tell everyone how I feel about it". Also if you know your going to get flammed, why even start a thread like this. Just take it back and move forward with your life. In the end know one really cares about other peoples reasons for returning theirs. Its not there problem so why should they:?
  5. #45  
    I'm thinking of getting a new pair of shoes, and dumping the old ones. Which thread should I put it on?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Thoughtful, yes.

    Your argument, while valid for you, does not necessarily represent the views many others.

    1 - For many, the battery life isn't an issue. Lasts through the day for a majority of users.
    It lasts through the DAY for the majority? I've never heard that. I really doubt it.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a new pair of shoes, and dumping the old ones. Which thread should I put it on?
    One in a shoe forum.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveborough View Post
    So my question is: if my phone battery drops about 5% and heats up while watching a 4 minute clip on Youtube in the heart of New York City (great signal quality), do i have a lemon? Cause I feel your pain OP.
    My battery life is pretty abysmal. I'm wondering if I should exchange before the 30 days are up. I do want to see if it improves over time, as some have said, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  9. #49  
    A lot of people have questioned the motives of the OP in posting about his experiences of the Palm Pre to this forum, calling him a troll.

    I navigated to this site looking for reviews of the Palm Pre, including the experiences of people who either still own one, or had owned one. So, for me, at least, it was useful reading the negatives as well as the positives of owning a Palm Pre. His post came across, to me, as thoughtful, considered and balanced.

    So, I'm grateful to nrs for that reason. I may or may not decide to purchase a Palm Pre, but at least, these posts should help me form more realistic expectations about what I can expect should I choose to buy one.

    Just my 2 cents.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    A lot of people have questioned the motives of the OP in posting about his experiences of the Palm Pre to this forum, calling him a troll.

    I navigated to this site looking for reviews of the Palm Pre, including the experiences of people who either still own one, or had owned one. So, for me, at least, it was useful reading the negatives as well as the positives of owning a Palm Pre. His post came across, to me, as thoughtful, considered and balanced.

    So, I'm grateful to nrs for that reason. I may or may not decide to purchase a Palm Pre, but at least, these posts should help me form more realistic expectations about what I can expect should I choose to buy one.

    Just my 2 cents.
    Well said, but most won't believe you aren't the op in-disguise.

    Welcome to the forums.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    Without opinions this wouldn't be a forum it would be a cult... chill out
    Well, count me in as a cult member....

    I.......AM.......THE......CULT...........OF.....PRESONALITY.....


    ummm...anyone....anyone.....

    (Hearing crickets chirp)

    The name of the forum is PREcentral.net, not WHYIPHONEISBETTERANDIWANTTOTHROWMYPREDOWNTHETOILET.NET



    DISCLAIMER: The post you have just read was writtten by a Pre loving zombie who would have you believe that the Pre is the second coming of the Lord. Please take all comments with a grain of salt. Don't get any in your eye though!
    I likey take apart thingies....
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    I have FULL EVDO coverage 99% of the time. I live in new jersey and sprint is by for the best here.
    C/S. Sprint is the best in the Northeast in general, I have dropped way more calls on T-Mobile and ATT than I ever have with Sprint. I'm not suprised about Sprint's EVDO coverage they are one of the largest, if not the largest data network in the country.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    Also One last dig lol. You are right it is 2009 and phones need to compete with CURRENT features of this time to succeed....so.... when is the Iphone going to get a removable battery that the owner can change or swap out for a spare? I mean come on almost all other cell phones have had this feature since the start of the USA's using of cellular devices! The Iphone is only about 20 or so years behind on that one VERY important feature.
    Yep, because everyone carries a spare battery and noone whines about battery life

    This is actually one thing Apple gets right but gets slammed on. They recognized that the vast majority wouldn't change the battery if they could. So instead of designing a cover that pops off after struggling with it, they opted to make a solid design. Look..no creaking.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Yep, because everyone carries a spare battery and noone whines about battery life

    This is actually one thing Apple gets right but gets slammed on. They recognized that the vast majority wouldn't change the battery if they could. So instead of designing a cover that pops off after struggling with it, they opted to make a solid design. Look..no creaking.

    That's a poor excuse. The Pre gets slammed for its slider mechanism, not its back cover creaking. I've played with tons of phones with removable batteries, and the covers had no such issues - besides they can usually be replaced if necessary. I can't count the amount of times I wished I could have removed my Iphone's battery when it locked up. Also under heavy use, the battery life plain sucked and all I was stuck with was my charger. Having the option for a secondary or bigger battery is a God send. IMO, Apple got that very, very wrong and the new Iphone is hardly better in terms of battery life.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  15. ecb1171's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    The iPhone also came out in 2007. It's 2009 now, you have to compete in the current market. Had the Pre came out in 2007 the way it is now, then that would have been different, it would have featured something few devices had at that time (elegant touch interface and full browser).

    We get it, the current iPhone took two years to evolve, and the Pre will do the same in two years. However, if you are talking about competing in the current smartphone market, the Pre needs to develop a lot faster, because it doesn't have the same time iPhone had. It needs to start matching features soon or Palm isn't going to make it.
    Excellent point ! Fortunately, the Pre's notification system already blows the iPhone's out of the water and the Pre has much better Gmail integration. That being said, Palm needs to get the AppCenter out of beta and keep on doing a good job with the OS upgrades.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    That's a poor excuse. The Pre gets slammed for its slider mechanism, not its back cover creaking. I've played with tons of phones with removable batteries, and the covers had no such issues - besides they can usually be replaced if necessary. I can't count the amount of times I wished I could have removed my Iphone's battery when it locked up. Also under heavy use, the battery life plain sucked and all I was stuck with was my charger. Having the option for a secondary or bigger battery is a God send. IMO, Apple got that very, very wrong and the new Iphone is hardly better in terms of battery life.
    The Pre gets slammed for poor hardware in general..creaking included.

    Millions have already voted with their dollars that replaceable batteries don't matter to them.

    Only a small fraction of users even in this forum fool with taking that cover off to stick in a replacement battery.

    Does the benefit (being able to switch batteries on rare occasions that the vast majority won't ever do anyways?) outweigh the cost (having a cover that creaks all over the place and heavily contributes to the perception that the Pre is cheap hardware)?
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The Pre gets slammed for poor hardware in general..creaking included.

    Millions have already voted with their dollars that replaceable batteries don't matter to them.

    Only a small fraction of users even in this forum fool with taking that cover off to stick in a replacement battery.

    Does the benefit (being able to switch batteries on rare occasions that the vast majority won't ever do anyways?) outweigh the cost (having a cover that creaks all over the place and heavily contributes to the perception that the Pre is cheap hardware)?
    The Pre's cover does not creak. Most of the complaints have been centered around the slider mechanism. Also the 'poor hardware' complaint is usually from the ignorant. The vast majority of people that buy the Iphone only find out the limitations after the fact. The battery being one of them. Again poor excuse.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecb1171 View Post
    Excellent point ! Fortunately, the Pre's notification system already blows the iPhone's out of the water and the Pre has much better Gmail integration. That being said, Palm needs to get the AppCenter out of beta and keep on doing a good job with the OS upgrades.
    Unfortunately, the masses don't give a crap about notifications or push Gmail.

    They might after they've experienced both, but first they have to be convinced to actually buy a Pre. And Palm fails to recognize or market what the features the masses desire most. Hint: The Pre has these desired features but people remain ignorant of them.

    Me: I really like the notifications that the Pre has.

    Friend: Huh?

    Me: You know..you get an email or text and it lets you know without disrupting you..say if you're browsing the web.

    Friend: I don't care about email. But I don't get it. Disrupting me? Oh, and you said web browser? The Pre has one? Is it like the iphone's?

    Me: Yep, same browser as iphone, multitouch, pinch to zoom, all that.

    Friend: Cool...but i think i'll go with the iphone since that plays music too.

    Me: ...
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    The Pre's cover does not creak. Most of the complaints have been centered around the slider mechanism. Also the 'poor hardware' complaint is usually from the ignorant. The vast majority of people that buy the Iphone only find out the limitations after the fact. The battery being one of them. Again poor excuse.
    Maybe i should record typing on my Pre..lol Creak, creak, creak..

    Or maybe that's just a new feature. Creaking (haptic) kb...
  20. ION-q's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I don't see the point of this or any of the goodbye posts. If I don't like a product I get something else and I'm done with the whole things.

    And that whole 'sharp edges' thing is just about THE most rediculous thing I've ever heard. The edges are angled, yes, but not sharp. This statement alone speaks TROLL.

    Oh! I just realized I now know the point of this post.
    Amen brutha!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions