Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    from a Sprint rep on the phone...you know it's gospel then....NOT. I wouldn't believe anything they say..
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prejune View Post
    unless you are in your 30 days, i would think so, but im sure you can trade the phone in with the buy back program...
    Whoa...thanks! I just looked this up and apparently I qualify for the buy back program and sprint will give me $100 for the Pre. Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    Whoa...thanks! I just looked this up and apparently I qualify for the buy back program and sprint will give me $100 for the Pre. Interesting...
    This site will give you a lot more assuming its in good shape..Buy and Sell Cell Phone, Cell Phone Buy Back - cycledcells.com
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
    Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it....

beefy I really hope you don't make purchases based off responses like this on an internet forum.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    beefy I really hope you don't make purchases based off responses like this on an internet forum.
    I don't. I spent about an hour and a half in a Sprint store talking with a rep today comparing the Hero...and I still don't know what I'm going to do. The Hero really disappointed me with video quality on youtube and the sluggishness of pulling up apps.

I fiddled around with my Pre meanwhile and was amazed that I could open 27 different apps and still have the ability to see exactly what was going on, thanks to those patches I installed.

Anyway. I still don't know what I'm going to do, but it's looking less and less like the Hero. There were some real deficiencies I noticed with the Hero after having a chance to play with it for an extended period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I don't. I spent about an hour and a half in a Sprint store talking with a rep today comparing the Hero...and I still don't know what I'm going to do. The Hero really disappointed me with video quality on youtube and the sluggishness of pulling up apps.

I fiddled around with my Pre meanwhile and was amazed that I could open 27 different apps and still have the ability to see exactly what was going on, thanks to those patches I installed.

Anyway. I still don't know what I'm going to do, but it's looking less and less like the Hero. There were some real deficiencies I noticed with the Hero after having a chance to play with it for an extended period of time.
    What do you mean by "pulling up apps?" I played with the Hero for a good while the other day and it seemed to load apps much faster than my Pre.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    re: "The Hero really disappointed me with video quality"

You have to go into the youtube settings and enable the high quality video mode. Then it looks pretty great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    re: "The Hero really disappointed me with video quality"

You have to go into the youtube settings and enable the high quality video mode. Then it looks pretty great.
    Really?? Good to know. I noticed the Pre played much better videos but I didn't know you had to change a setting. Thanks!
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hmm, I didn't know that. I'm still up in the air. Christ.
    Why would there be a "low quality" setting in the first place in the youtube app? Nevermind the fact it defaults to it? If you don't have wifi or a good sprint signal, then youtube of any quality isn't the best thing to be doing at that time.

Maybe the Pre should have a setting in the pics app called "grainy & blurry" Pics will have no lag then, but you'll just have a hard time seeing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Hmm, I didn't know that. I'm still up in the air. Christ.
    I was listening to the Engadget podcast last night. All of the hosts still agree that even the best Android phones still come 2nd to the Pre. However, the Pre is still a 2nd to the iPhone. When the Pre enables GPU assisted UI, it will be only 1/2-step behind the iPhone.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I was listening to the Engadget podcast last night. All of the hosts still agree that even the best Android phones still come 2nd to the Pre. However, the Pre is still a 2nd to the iPhone. When the Pre enables GPU assisted UI, it will be only 1/2-step behind the iPhone.
    But by that time, the next generation of Android devices will be out - Palm will then need to be launching the Pre2 or be left behind...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    But by that time, the next generation of Android devices will be out - Palm will then need to be launching the Pre2 or be left behind...
    This is the luxury we get to enjoy. As new features are released on devices, competitors move to match or one-up those devices. In the end, we win but overall, everyone's devices become very similar with a very few specific features unique only to that platform.

Palm will have to include whatever iPhone 3.3 or Android 2.0 will be incorporating....same with the other devices should Palm come-out with something the others' don't have.
    I went to the sprint store yesterday to play with the hero one more time. Even though I am unimpressed by it, it's looking more attractive by the minute. Pre has a lot of "built in" features/functions that are missing that's keeping it form the top. Things the piece of crap instinct had that I I do miss. Forwarding text and media files, visual voicemail, video camera, and yahoo/msn messenger are all missing. All these features are standard on 99.9% of touchscreen phones out. I do believe pre will get them but when? This lack of features is driving loyal palm fans to the hero or other phones. Palm, you need to step up or your big hype about the pre will be for nothing. I want to wait on the miracle update but the lack of standard features is driving me away. I love the way the pre multitasks and the brilliant colors of the screen, but I don't think that will keep me rooted for long.
    i played with the hero today...its a good phone.... I don't honestly know for sure if its "better" than the pre, they are just different. Its just not that much different to warrant switching...still has its speed problems, and isnt fully polished in my opinion...I'll wait for the next phone that sprint gets that is better...wish it was the droid...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I returned the Hero today. I wasn't eligible for the upgrade price and had to pay the full price for the phone. So although I was impressed with the phone and its features I wasn't impressed enough to justify paying $500.00.
    The keyboard was pretty good but nothing beats having a real keyboard and I like the Pre's kb.
    I was also impressed by the way the phone felt in my hand, the screen was very nice as well.
    Oh well, back on my pre.
    Not that this is a true source however Brian Tong from CNet stated on Buzz Out Loud he saw the HTC Hero running 2.0. Listen to the Oct 19th podcast, it was nothing more than a mention, not a detail discussion.

For the record I picked up a HTC Hero and and keeping both my Pre and the Hero, switching back and forth between them.
    Corey

Current Devices: Palm Pre 2, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus and Apple's iPhone 4
    This is my last post from my palm pre. I'm swapping it in for the hero. I love the pre for the multitasking and simplicity but I need a "now" phone not a "have it now features coming soon" phone. I will miss it dearly maybe if palm does some drastic improvements I will return. Its the small things that you use amd take for granted (message forwarding, video cam, yahoo and msn instant messaging, visual voicemail, voice dailing, live search, etc) that makes the pre fail or succeed. Pre should have had all this from the start. I wouldn't be complaining so much if it did. I don't care so much about hardware issues since Sprint will take care of it (I did have an Instinct). I will return only if Palm has the bugs worked out. What's the point of a fast cpu if its not being optimized? What's the point of getting flash if the phone lags and freezes? C'mon Palm, you have a great idea but the little things that it doesn't have or do are making people walk away.
    Quote Originally Posted by glk View Post
    I returned the Hero today. I wasn't eligible for the upgrade price and had to pay the full price for the phone. So although I was impressed with the phone and its features I wasn't impressed enough to justify paying $500.00.
    The keyboard was pretty good but nothing beats having a real keyboard and I like the Pre's kb.
    I was also impressed by the way the phone felt in my hand, the screen was very nice as well.
    Oh well, back on my pre.
    I wouldn't pay $500 to go from a Pre to Hero either.

Quote Originally Posted by dhinez View Post
    This is my last post from my palm pre. I'm swapping it in for the hero. I love the pre for the multitasking and simplicity but I need a "now" phone not a "have it now features coming soon" phone. I will miss it dearly maybe if palm does some drastic improvements I will return. Its the small things that you use amd take for granted (message forwarding, video cam, yahoo and msn instant messaging, visual voicemail, voice dailing, live search, etc) that makes the pre fail or succeed. Pre should have had all this from the start. I wouldn't be complaining so much if it did. I don't care so much about hardware issues since Sprint will take care of it (I did have an Instinct). I will return only if Palm has the bugs worked out. What's the point of a fast cpu if its not being optimized? What's the point of getting flash if the phone lags and freezes? C'mon Palm, you have a great idea but the little things that it doesn't have or do are making people walk away.
    Enjoy your new Hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    More over SPEED WILL BE THE MUST HAVE FEATURE for the next two years or so.
    the next pre will be known as the "preS" haha