Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Its gonna be hard as in October i get to get a new phone and the Instinct Q is
    supposed to be out on 10/11.
    Id have to play around with both

decisions decisions
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Id like to know more about the Q. I haven't played too much with the Pre but the time that I have had it I've loved it. My only gripe is the physical memory.... most everything else that people have complained about will be fixed in updates. This phone is amazing and it is still an 'infant'.
    I would switch to android if they came out with a phone that

has a powerful processor
    has a keyboard
    looks decent
    is on the sprint network

that phone will not be out for a while so pre it is for me...
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    So with Sprint's announcement today that the HTC Hero will be available on Oct 11 for $179, is that making a difference for anyone? I've been holding off on the Pre, but figured I'd pull the trigger sometime over the next week until I saw this release. Now I'll surely wait until next month to compare the two.

It does seem that the biggest drawback of the Hero is that it doesn't have a keyboard, but it seems most people that don't have them must be doing just fine, right? Guess I'll have to try it awhile myself to see. I've gotten a lot more concerned lately about the lack of apps, and seemingly support for the Pre, so Android wins that part in my book.

One of the reasons I was holding off on the Pre, though, was lack of support of Audible.com (Audilbe Air more specifically) but Android doesn't have that either. I would suspect, though, that it might come to Android before WebOS, though, with a lot more support, users and programs for Android to date.

Oh, and supposedly the HTC Hero will have a compass feature -- while not a deal breaker with the Pre, even that could lean me heavily toward the Hero.

My BIGGEST hope, though, is that they will allow the Hero to be used under SERO plans. I know, I know -- not much chance of that. Never know, though -- they are at least pricing the phone lower than the Pre and no one seemed to think that would happen either.

So anyway -- looks like another month of waiting for me!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    It will definitely not help Pre sales....
    I am actually starting to worry I made the wrong choice peoples, with all the competition coming out and my 30 return policy coming up, I have to wonder, did I make a hasty decision in going with the palm pre? Help me and give me reasons why I should stick with palm over any others (including the "new" pre model that was "said" to be in sprints database)
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Pfft Android still sucks!!
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Android will Kill the pre.... mostly because the pre hardware sucks and HTC builds better phones.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    It won't kill it but it won't help either. The Pre will have to compete on its merits not on whatever advantages Sprint may offer over AT&T. It will make for some interesting discussion threads.

It's great news for Android though . It's now available on GSM and CDMA carriers in the US.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    I am actually starting to worry I made the wrong choice peoples, with all the competition coming out and my 30 return policy coming up, I have to wonder, did I make a hasty decision in going with the palm pre? Help me and give me reasons why I should stick with palm over any others (including the "new" pre model that was "said" to be in sprints database)
    I think you should return the Pre and wait for the Hero. If you decided, after getting the hero you don't like it or like the Palm Pre better, then you won't have 2 years of buyers remorse.

Personally, I have gone with the MyTouch after being a sprint cusomter for 9 years.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    It doesn't matter what phone you buy there will always be another one released shortly there after. I also have my 30 days approaching but I already decided to stay with the Pre. Its a great phone and I am willing to bet it will get better as new sw releases come out. If the homebrew guys put out almost 200 apps in just a few months what will happen palm officially opens up their store?
    Webos > android
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    are you more concerned about whats going to be more popular or what phone meets your needs?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    Webos > android
    Not really. WebOS is not a complete framework that can be used by consumeres and businesses.

Android is a complete framework not limited to the telephony industry.
    There shouldn't be any cause for alarm.

Just like the iPhone 3GS launch, this is merely healthy incentive for Palm to stop screwing around and to get problems fixed and to get the App Catalog up. Sprint can't shelter them from competition. No one can.

If the Pre can't survive on Sprint with Hero, how will it prosper on Verizon or other carriers?

This is when we see what this platform is made of. Everyone here should be looking forward to the good times ahead.
    funny, if the iphone 3gs didn't kill the Pre you think the Half-Baked clunky Android will?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Just like the iPhone 3GS launch, this is merely healthy incentive for Palm to stop screwing around and to get problems fixed and to get the App Catalog up.
    Exactly! This should give Palm just cause to up their game.
    The two threads on the same topic were merged.

- Craig
    Personally I've used Android and I don't like it at all. While the widgets are neat in theory, in practice as far as I'm concerned they tend to clutter the UI and make things a mess.

I prefer things to be cleaner than that.

Anyway, while I personally do not like Android and therefore have absolutely no interest in it at all, it's great that as Sprint users we have these choices lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Android is a complete framework not limited to the telephony industry.
    Key word here... framework. While I realize that webOS is an unfinished operating system, Android really only gives you half the work, and the rest needs to be added by each specific phone manufacturer (see SenseUI). There's a bunch of features that may affect some people (but not me personally) missing from webOS, but at least it's the complete operating system including a great UI.
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast