Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    try some power saving measures. Turn auto locate off. Turn the brightness down. Use wifi when you can. That samsung moment? Is coming in november with a physical keyboard and an 800MHz processor. If I was gonna bail it would be that or the 4G android rumor whenevr that works out
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    The hero is a good phone, but once you had a pre you want most smart phones too have what the pre has! Bottom line is there isn't any phones that work as well as the pre does! I might never leave unless android has that wow phone for me!!!
    Check out the Samsung Moment. It will be out on Sprint Nov. 1st.

Android, 800mhz processor, full keyboard and a nice screen. No HTC Sense UI tho..

I bet there will be a flash for the Hero Rom for this device shortly after.
    I have both the pre and hero. There are few things that pre is better at than the hero.the first is camera, even though the hero has 5 mp, the pre is much sharper, imo. Another thing I found better on the pre is watching youtube videos. The pre has much better video quality while watching youtube videos. You will definitely miss preware, if you have it installed, and being able to change themes and such. You will definitely miss the phyisical keyboard on the pre. I am typing this post on the pre, and would not think of trying to post with the hero. This is all my opinion and hope this helps. Btw I'm gona exchange the hero for the samsung moment when it comes out.
    good luck with a HTC product..i had the HTC touch diamond..and the battery life was 50% worse than it is with the pre and the pre blows any HTC product away!!
    Have fun with that, you will be back, if hero anything like G1, you'll be back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    how can we tell you what ur gonna miss?...but if I had to give up pre for hero I would miss the physical keyboard, gestures, cards, synergy, size, browser, precentral, preware, and just the overall vibe of rocking a pre!
    Synergy is about 10x better on the Hero.
    I have no idea, I've never owned a Hero and wouldn't give up my Pre to try it out.

I'm basically saying, "Good luck. I hope it works for you." But in answer to your question, "Don't know. Don't care." Would be more accurate.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    Check out the Samsung Moment. It will be out on Sprint Nov. 1st.

Android, 800mhz processor, full keyboard and a nice screen. No HTC Sense UI tho..

I bet there will be a flash for the Hero Rom for this device shortly after.
    Yeah I've seen that. But I've also heard something about the processor being older and maybe not that much better even if clocked higher. I'll have to check that out. Also been hearing a lot of people say that Samsung doesn't support their phones, they just throw them out there and move onto the next thing.

Those things have me second guessing the "Moment".

Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    I have both the pre and hero. There are few things that pre is better at than the hero.the first is camera, even though the hero has 5 mp, the pre is much sharper, imo. Another thing I found better on the pre is watching youtube videos. The pre has much better video quality while watching youtube videos. You will definitely miss preware, if you have it installed, and being able to change themes and such. You will definitely miss the phyisical keyboard on the pre. I am typing this post on the pre, and would not think of trying to post with the hero. This is all my opinion and hope this helps. Btw I'm gona exchange the hero for the samsung moment when it comes out.
    Thank you for your report. I've also heard the camera is not as good as the Pre. I believe it.
    As for the keyboard. I like physical keyboards, but lets be honest, The Pre's keyboard sucks. The buttons are small and harder to press and everytime you browse the web horizontally (which is the nicest way to do it) you have to flip back to vertical to type anything. So while I would love to have a physical keyboard, I'd prefer it to be horizontal.

Quote Originally Posted by melnick7 View Post
    good luck with a HTC product..i had the HTC touch diamond..and the battery life was 50% worse than it is with the pre and the pre blows any HTC product away!!
    See everything everyone has been telling me is that the battery life on the Hero is far better then the Pre. That the Hero can last a full day with heavy use. My Pre can't last a half a day with minor use.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Have fun with that, you will be back, if hero anything like G1, you'll be back.
    I can't come back. Once I trade in my Pre for a Hero I can't exchange it any more as far as I know. Only one trade in with Sprint right?
  11. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Only one every year that qualifies for a reduced price. But you can trade your phone every day if you want to spend the money.

xtn
    This is a lot of biased information. The pre only does one thing better and that is multi task. The hero beats it everywhere else. This is a guess but I'm thinking some of the people giving opinion don't own the hero or I will go as far to say that they haven't even held the hero. I have both and do comparisons daily. I live in the now not tomorrow. Hero has flash, customizable out the box,superior build quality, much better battery, video, word correction, and a less laggy os. You have to own it to compare. To sit around and say gonna gonna gonna have will have you constantly waiting. The average consumer who doesn't know about this site will be let down by the pre. Do a head to head without all patches and the hero wins period. We are 1% owners od the pre. Find an unbiased consumer and ask there opinion and see who comes out on top.

I know this is pre central so I wouldn't expect a lot of love but its obvious the hero is going to continue to lead the pack.
    Yes, I agree with the above post. I have the Hero and Pre right now and its starting to get harder to justify keeping the pre. Out of the box, the Hero does just about everything the Pre does and much more, and is very user friendly. The "synergy" on the Pre isn't half as good as the Hero's, and that was one of the main marketing points of the Pre.
    And everyone who says what it can do NOW is what counts is right. It looks like by the time webOS is up to its potential, the Pre will be replaced by a few other newer, better, webOS devices.
    I also have both right now, and I feel the same way Truth and acipollo do. webOS has potential -- and Palm isn't moving fast enough to realize it. The build quality on the Pre is junk compared with the Hero. Android on the Hero is far snappier than webOS on the Pre. I'll give webOS props for true multitasking and Synergy, but HTC's SenseUI "screens" feature works surprisingly well. I don't miss the multitasking ability of webOS at all. And the Moment won't have SenseUI. As for the keyboard, I'm still adjusting to a virtual keyboard. But the Hero's virtual keyboard really is excellent and I'm getting faster using it. I thought the lack of a physical keyboard would be a dealbreaker -- it isn't for me.

The Pre is no longer just competing with AT&T and the iPhone. Palm had better start worrying about the Hero (and maybe the Moment) on its own chosen exclusive network. I still think the Pixi will be a big seller because its market is not the power user. Maybe that will give Palm enough critical mass to make webOS a success long-term. Power users and business users may be better off with a different OS, though.