Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Man that sure accomplished alot.

Will def. stick with the pre. Getting ready to buy the mytouch 3g with tmobile. Just to try out android. Personally i don't think it looks near as sharp as webos. And i don't think i'll be impressed from what i've seen. Maybe take advantage of some of the cool apps.
    I had the mytouch for a couple of weeks. I thought it was a great phone but I don't think you should compare that to the hero. The hero is the best android phone out so I would get that for a comparison. It won't be fair the judge android off the mytouch. I do agree with WAMS because I think android will be better in the long run over webos. I love webos but android has the advantage and will continue to because of their heaedstart. That's why no one directly compares the iphone stat for stat because of their app store and build quality. Every phone has their own advantage someway
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 09/26/2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Guess I'll be hitting ebay around the end of october looking for the Hero....Can't wait...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    As I understand it, unless I want to pay full retail, I am stuck with my Pre for a year from when I purchased (end of June). So I'm definitely going with the Pre for the next 9 months or so. At that time, it should be clearer whether WebOS will be a lasting product (or if another OS has jumped WAAAY ahead of WebOS) and I'll make a decision at the time. If I do choose to go to Android, the successor to the Hero will probably either be on the market, or have an announce date (which I'd probably wait for) by that time!

I believe most Pre owners are in pretty much the same situation of being locked into contract for a year, unless they want to pay a pretty penny in early termination fees to get out of it (assuming they want to switch carriers) or buy a new phone at full retail (if they want to stay with Sprint).
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

You'd be paying full retail, but you could probably get a good price for your Pre on ebay. I sold a used Pre with a touchstone and extra battery two weeks ago for $380! That almost buys you a retail Hero - I believe they are $429.
    lol... Fedex. Glass looks nicer, but also shatters...
    I am leaning heavily toward making the switch. Will decide once I see the Sprint Hero in person.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    One reason I am getting a Hero is that the touch screen keyboards to not take any pressure. The Pre's keyboard - while comfortable enough for me - takes too much pressure and is working my carpal tunnel :-(
    Android 1.6 is out and it's a significant step. I dislike the task management scheme in Android, but it is advancing nicely in other areas.

Universal search is about as good as spotlight, and voice commands can execute a lot now (though accuracy remains to be seen). I suggest that you think about your uses of a phone and compare each on both platforms.
    Ok, i've had the pre for about a week now and I love it! it kills me that the hero is coming out when it is, but at least it's within the 30 day period of when i bought the pre. I wish i knew more about android, i've played a little bit at some of the tmobile stores around here, it seems promising but nothing worth leaving the pre. what do you think?

Chris
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Our Manager has one and it has a reall good looking lcd its impressive
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    I love my pre. But I was heartbroken that 1.2 didn't fix my dropped calls issue. It's pretty clear the reception issue isn't Sprint related, so I think I'll test the Hero first near my office and home.

But if the Hero is a solid phone as well as a decent PDA, I might be forced to switch. That is unless webos 1.2.1 comes along and starts letting my make reliable calls.
    I'm getting one from Best Buy, as a replacement for my Treo 800W that couldn't be fixed. They offered me any smartphone as a replacement, the day after I got my Pre. So I will have my Pre (love it) and a "spare" Hero. I might swap back and forth for a month at a time until I decide which one I like better. The other will become my spare.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeinDC View Post
    I love my pre. But I was heartbroken that 1.2 didn't fix my dropped calls issue. It's pretty clear the reception issue isn't Sprint related, so I think I'll test the Hero first near my office and home.

But if the Hero is a solid phone as well as a decent PDA, I might be forced to switch. That is unless webos 1.2.1 comes along and starts letting my make reliable calls.
    I have the same issues with reception but mine are related to always roaming. I am starting to think its the phone and not sprint. I roam places I never did before. As long as sprint doesn't give me a hard time I guess its ok. I roam using pandora and sprint nav and those are heavy data programs. Hopefully the switch to the hero will be better. I can't wait till the 11th
    What do you guys think? I am thinking about trading my phone for a hero when it comes out on the 11th. It can have up to 32GB of storage as well as a 5MP camera and video recording. Not to mention a lot more apps as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    What do you guys think? I am thinking about trading my phone for a hero when it comes out on the 11th. It can have up to 32GB of storage as well as a 5MP camera and video recording. Not to mention a lot more apps as well.
    specs aren't everything. I had the omnia a winmo phone with bazillions of apps, expandable storage and a better camera than the pre.

while the UI in android is much better IMHO than that of winmo, I still feel that the pre is the first device that has put my N810, Omnia, and ipod touch up for sale.

the hero will with absolute certainty have issues, all new devices do, you may trade one set of issues on the pre, for another different set on the hero. Personally, i would wait, if you can, to see how the pre develops with new updates and apps, as well as see how the hero actually stacks up. remember there will be plenty of opinions to support either phone out there, but opinions on the internet are, well opinions on the internet.
    There are four lights.
    Well the android has been around for a year now so a lot of kinks got ironed out. I had the G1 previously to my iphone as well and I loved it. It reminded me of the Pre a lot. Just being how open and customizable it is.
    My Hero definitely gets better battery and signal, I got to say I am getting attached to all the Apps too. I have to have the Hero for a little while on my account but i don't know what i will end up with after a couple months. But the Hero is a very nice phone even with less colors on the screen. At least it doesn't have dead pixels like some phone has <Cough Cough Pre>. but nothing matches a physical keyboard.