1.    #1  
    Have checked the various Clie discussion groups without success; thought I'd ask the resident VisorCentral Clie experts (mikedemo & company) if they've heard anything about:

• Stowaway (Targus) keyboards
    • Serial cables (like Brando -- I'm assuming the T415 could do serial hotsyncs, like the 710/760/610 can)
    • Non-Sony carrying cases (e.g., Vaja, E&B Slipper)
    for the T415. Information, rumors, anything.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Well, I don't think anyone reallie knows yet, but be rest assusured my fellow PDA friend, those companies won't leave you hanging!

Sony's doing so well in the PDA market, that accessory companies are coming out with products to take advantage of it. When the new clies came out, so did the Stowaway, didnt have it before, and lots of cases and other accessories. The only bad thing, is there are now some different connections, (i.e. S, N, and T series) So some companies are probably hesitant to support them all. But I think the T series will be a huge hit, so no worries
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I would feel pretty confident that many accessories will be available for the T415. The biggest reason is the announcement of the T600 in Japan. Surely this model will make is to the US and this gives developers hope that there would be a market for accessories.

As for the connector, the T series is the odd one. All the other CLIE's use the same connector at the bottom. Some accessories will not work due to the shape of the CLIE itself, but the connector is the same, otherwise the Stowaway would not work on all existing models (except the T415).

As for cases, I would think surely the folks at EB and Vaja would produce something. There are cases for the Edge, so I would not see this as a problem. Probably by the end of January, you will start to the see the first ones, maybe a little sooner.

Of course, this is all speculation. I would guess Sony's sudden onslaught of PDA's would also give developers a since of security to go forward as well, so I would think you should be okay in the future.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    You know what accessory I want...a wireless modem! For the N and T series would be so nice. That would really counter the Palm V + OmniSky setup. Other than, that Sony modem looks ugly and expensive. Someone come out with something!
    nelson.hsieh
    I just found this! Might be very useful...It's the Japanese Accessory page for the T400 and 600 series...

http://www.sony.co.jp/sd/products/Co...C_400/acc.html

nelson.hsieh
    I wrote Targus tech support just yesterday to ask about a foldable keyboard. Here is the reply I received today:

Unfortunately, there is not a keyboard available for the Sony PEG-T415 Clie at this time. Sony did change their layout for the 415 Clie and does not fit our previous keyboard. Our development team is currently working on a solution to this, but a release date is not yet posted.

I hope it is soon! I really miss the keyboard!

Teri
    If at first you don't succeed....hide all evidence that you tried...
    Hmmm...I wonder if anyone or if it's possible to do some modifications like on the Visor Prism to make it fit in the standard Sony Clie keyboard...

Anyone out there figure it out? Hard-core clie users...show yourselves!
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Hmmm...I wonder if anyone or if it's possible to do some modifications like on the Visor Prism to make it fit in the standard Sony Clie keyboard...

Anyone out there figure it out? Hard-core clie users...show yourselves!
    I am assuming you want to modify the T415 to use the current Stowaway Keyboard. If so, the only option would be to create an adaptor, as the Port is completely different. While I am sure this is possible, it would take a bit of work.

Not really sure why you referenced the Prism, as it fits the Visor Stowaway fine, without modification. Though, some users modified the GoType so the Prism would work with it.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by GSR13
    I am assuming you want to modify the T415 to use the current Stowaway Keyboard. If so, the only option would be to create an adaptor, as the Port is completely different. While I am sure this is possible, it would take a bit of work.

Not really sure why you referenced the Prism, as it fits the Visor Stowaway fine, without modification. Though, some users modified the GoType so the Prism would work with it.
    Yea, is the connector different, or just the design? I have no idea. Well, I guess you'll have to stratch that idea.

Hmm, yea, my bad...I was thinking about it, and I remember people were modifying some keyboard to accomodate the Prism, guess it was the GoType...LOL, whoops.
    nelson.hsieh
  10.    #10  
    Thank you, Teri! I appreciate you inquiring.

Now, I'm just curious if hotsyncing can be done to the T415 (and thus, the T6X0 when it appears) via a serial cable or cradle, instead of a USB cable/cradle, like the N710/610/760.

I.e., is there anything in the T415 hardware/software that requires true USB?
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."