1.    #1  
    Although I have no intention of abandoning VC, I am searching for some other Clie sites to check out. I have been checking palmblvd.com and it is OK but I am hoping to find something like Clie Central.

Any other sites you guys like to check out?
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    I temporarily owned a Pocket PC (for 2 weeks) and now I'm back to the Palm OS. The damn_Jornada kept crashing, about once a day. Anyway, I got me a Clie 710C (upgraded the OS, of course), but I need some help with some of the features that are unique to the Clie (MemStick issues, apps, etc).

Anyway, it'd be nice to find a Clie site. Is there a Sony Clie for dummies web site? A step-by-step on how to use the thing?

For example, if I move a game to the MemStick, can I play from the MemStick or do I have to move it to the RAM manually to play it?

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Originally posted by namja

Anyway, it'd be nice to find a Clie site. Is there a Sony Clie for dummies web site? A step-by-step on how to use the thing?

For example, if I move a game to the MemStick, can I play from the MemStick or do I have to move it to the RAM manually to play it?
    First off:
    <disclaimer>I am not an expert. </disclaimer>

I just purchased the T415 so I am still new at the Clie too. I have been following a couple message boards on Yahoo but I'm not sure they are the ones to stick with. People here are SO much nicer! You could try checking them out.

On the subject of moving to and from RAM: This is what I did. I used the MS Gate, selected the MS and under the Tools menu I selected "Create Default Folder". I downloaded Launcher III and moved my games and other misc. software to MS using Launcher. It puts a little "." to the right of the app icon if it is on the MS. When I select the app that is on the MS using Launcher III it moves the app to RAM and then when I exit the app it moves it back to the MS. It has worked flawlessly for me for the past 2 days. That means I have to spend another $10 to register Launcher III....

Hope this helps!
    Teri
    There are a couple of yahoo groups you might check out:
    nXtclieclub and clieusersgroup
    Here are the links to the CLIE groups on YAHOO.

CLIE User Group

nXt CLIE Club

The NXT Clie Club is a new group formed by people from the original CLIE Users Group.

You will find a great deal of information in either, though the first has been around the longest.

Also, be advised, there are several CLIE users, including myself, who would be more than happy to help.

I still like this board better than any other on the Internet, and that goes for any topic.

You are also welcome to email me with any questions. I will help any way I can.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  6.    #6  
    Thanks GSR, you have been quite active on this and the plamblvd websites. To be honest, I like the format of VC better.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Originally posted by namja
    I temporarily owned a Pocket PC (for 2 weeks) and now I'm back to the Palm OS. The damn_Jornada kept crashing, about once a day. Anyway, I got me a Clie 710C (upgraded the OS, of course), but I need some help with some of the features that are unique to the Clie (MemStick issues, apps, etc).

Hmm, there are some good clie sites, Yahoo! ones and some others. Search for some old threads, they have links to them.

Basically, memory stick managment is a but tricky at first, but you'll get used to it. I'd search for and buy PowerRun, its a great program for running apps off the memory stick, a lot better than the OS 4.1 VFS support. Basically, you use PowerRun to copy the programs you want to the memory stick, and they appear with a small square at the bottom, to show they are on the MS. When you launch that program, everything is copied into RAM, the PRC, PDBs, etc. It can be edited when its in RAM, (i.e. high scores) and when you exit, it'll all be copied back to the MS and deleted from RAM. This causes some delay launching and exiting, and you will have to have enough RAM to accomodate the program, I leave about 1 MB free for that. That's pretty much what you need to know. You'll probably also wanna master how to use the AudioPlayer, its not too hard. Other than that, there's not much else to know! You'll probably want to get a File Explorer program such as McFile or Filez to browse files on both your RAM and MS.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I didnt think that somany people would actually join the NXT Clie Club because they never heard of it, I was sent the email telling the story of the moderators. So i join that club, but since so many people are still in the original group, i know have one more group to look through every day
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    I just remembered some good Clie sites that havent already been mentioned. The Euro Clie site has a good list of "clie-only" applications, such as high-res, memory stick, etc applications. However, they haven't updated for quite some time...but I think it would be good for a newbie...

http://euroclie.free.fr/Uk/soft

Also, for those Mac users out there, yay!!! Go Mac! , there's also a good Mac-only Clie site, thats pretty good for newbies as well...

http://homepage.mac.com/cliemacpage/

I hope I've helped!
    nelson.hsieh
    Forgot another great site! Was just looking at my bookmarks...

This is a really good review / basic Sony Clie site, made by a die-hard, hard core clie user. He's opened up his clie and custom sealed it from dust...but it's a great site...

http://www.geocities.com/jhc19104/710C/index.htm
    nelson.hsieh