1.    #1  
    Sony is trying to rule the Palm world. Here comes the color version of the T415 its called the T6000. 16megs of ram internal baby! and comes with an 8 meg memstick. Plus there gonna be a sled add-on that supports compactflash

Check out these two links.

This link is to Zdnet

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/ne...kpt=zdhpnews01

This link was aquired fron PDABuzz.com. Its to Sony Japan pages about the T600C.

http://www.sony.co.jp/sd/products/Co...PEG/PEG-T600C/

*appluds for Sony

I think I may have found my next device. hehe time will tell if it comes stateside.
    Last edited by mikedemo; 11/20/2001 at 02:02 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Sony is trying to rule the Palm world. Here comes the color version of the T415 its called the T600C. 16megs of ram internal baby! and comes with an 8 meg memstick. Plus there gonna be a sled add-on that supports compactflash

Check out these two links.

This link is to Zdnet

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/ne...kpt=zdhpnews01

This link was aquired fron PDABuzz.com. Its to Sony Japan pages about the T600C.

http://www.sony.co.jp/sd/products/Co...PEG/PEG-T600C/

*appluds for Sony

I think I may have found my next device. hehe time will tell if it comes stateside.
    Yeah, this one pushed me over the top. unless Visor comes out with a new color PDA soon, this or one of its descendents will be my next PDA when I am in the market again next summer. The 16 MEGS, multiple expansion options, though only one is memory, thin, and has 64,000 colors.

The only thing though I have always thought the Clies were very ugly. There buttons looked weird and the power button makes me feel stupid. Way to iPaqish for me. But I think with this features set I can get over that.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Hmmm...looks great to me, too bad I have a 710+ already. The only thing it's lacking is the MP3 function, so maybe it's not totally worth it, at least for me. I LOVE the MP3 function. However, I think the form factor and coolness is great. I love that jog dial, its perty.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Originally posted by volcanopele

The only thing though I have always thought the Clies were very ugly. There buttons looked weird and the power button makes me feel stupid. Way to iPaqish for me. But I think with this features set I can get over that.
    Jason
    Not so much ugly, as the buttons on the 710/610/760 have been really awkward. Given that I use my Visor every hour or two during the day, I just couldn't see pawing over the Clie buttons all the time, so I returned by 710 after a day.

However, the buttons on the 600 look like they may be an improvement (the initial review of a prototype model over at PalmInfoCenter.com found them lacking, though.)

When the 600 makes it stateside, though, I will take a trip to Target to see if this is the one for me.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    . . .16megs of ram internal baby!

The zdnet article says 8mb and pdabuzz says 16mb does anyone know for sure which it will be?
    T415 - 8MB, Black & While
    T600 - 16MB, Color
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by popko
    T415 - 8MB, Black & While
    T600 - 16MB, Color

T600 looks sweeter everytime I look at it. But I must say I am still loving my 710c+.
    -Mikedemo
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I heard that Sony was planning on abandoning the Memory Stick in the next 2 quarters....has anyone else heard that?
    That would make absolutely no sense with all the new products they have spent money engineering and have released in the past six months.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by heed
    I heard that Sony was planning on abandoning the Memory Stick in the next 2 quarters....has anyone else heard that?
    That cannot be true
    -Mikedemo
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I know, I know.....now I'm trying to remember where I heard that. I know, though, that it would make no sense. Just wondering if anyone else had heard that.
    Does anyone know the REAL release date on the T-415? I had read (somewhere) it would be Nov. 23. I haven't seen advertisements anywhere except on the Sony site. I can only guess that they want to fill as many pre-orders as possible before releasing them to the retailers.

I am so anxious to see if the screen looks anything near what the pictures show. That sucker is on my Xmas list...

Teri
    When i first got my N760 It took me awhile to even push the power button, or any other button. But i am getting used to them, and learning how to push them with more success. So I would not get the Clies just becuase of the buttons, you'll learn to cope with them.
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    What do you think?

Tried several covers, didn't like any of em. Can't sync while in the cover, etc.

Modified the Sony flip cover that comes with the 610, so that it is rigid and doesn't contact the screen, as well as hold 3 Memory Sticks.

Adds about 1/4" to thickness, but find this to be the best solution so far!

(Updated photo)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rjuhl; 11/25/2001 at 05:57 PM.
    RJuhl
    Originally posted by tstarky
    Does anyone know the REAL release date on the T-415? I had read (somewhere) it would be Nov. 23. I haven't seen advertisements anywhere except on the Sony site. I can only guess that they want to fill as many pre-orders as possible before releasing them to the retailers.

I am so anxious to see if the screen looks anything near what the pictures show. That sucker is on my Xmas list...

Teri
    It has been in Fry's Electronics in San Jose for well over a week.

Playing with the demo, it looks pretty cool and comes with a nice world clock program as well as a hi-res launcher.

The display is terrible without the backlight or bright light. The background is way too dark - not enough contrast with the black text. The backlight is really bright. It looks like a Timex Indiglo watch.

If they can get a higher contrast panel, it will be great.
    Originally posted by rjuhl
    What do you think?

Tried several covers, didn't like any of em. Can't sync while in the cover, etc.

Modified the Sony flip cover that comes with the 610, so that it is rigid and doesn't contact the screen, as well as hold 3 Memory Sticks.

Adds about 1/4" to thickness, but find this to be the best solution so far!

That's clever!