1.    #1  
    Well, Sony has just released the T400C and T600C in Japan. Apparently the T400 is the Japanese version of the T415. The T600C, however, is the T400 with a Color Screen. They say it is a little bigger, but it is definately smaller than my 760.

Here is a link with some comparison photos:

ZDNet Japan

ZDNet Japan Page 2

I picked this up at the Yahoo CLIE Users Group. Another thing they are saying is it will have a CF Sled that you can attach. Apparently the only things that will work are communications devices though. I am assuming this rules out the MicroDrive.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    sony's lineup is starting to look kinda odd, their products seem to be cutting in on each other. I guess it's multimedia (760) vs. executive (this guy). They look pretty much the same to me.

oop, just saw the 16 megs. dang.
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_S...2654&MODE=FLAT :
    Posted by: Ed on Monday, November 19, 2001 10:35:13 AM
    "The rumors of Sony creating a color handheld similar to the T415 have proved to be correct. They announced in Japan today the PEG-600C. It is close in size to the T415 but the new model is .49 inches thick rather than .39. It is also .4 ounces heavier. Still, Sony crammed a lot into that small casing. It has a 320 by 320 pixel TFT screen that can display 16-bit color. It also has 16 MB of RAM and runs OS 4.1. It will be available in Japan on December 8 for 40,000 Yen, which is about $325. It is not yet known when a U.S. version will be available or at what price.

It still has the improved infrared port from the T415 and the TV/VCR/etc. remote built into it. It also still has the same enhanced sound capabilities.
    It uses the 33 MHz Dragonball VZ and has a standard Memory Stick slot.

Sony is also introducing a sled for the T models that will allow them to use CompactFlash cards. Sony's site talks about this in terms of input/output devices like networking cards but doesn't explicitly say whether memory cards can also be used. It also has a built-in battery so the extra power drain from the CF card won't be more than the handheld can supply.

I'm still writing this article so check back later for more info. Thanks to the many, many people who sent us info on this. -Ed"

Darn, and I was hoping that Handspring would come out with a 16mb color machine before Sony.
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
    Dang, if handspring doesn't come out with an imporved color Visor, not Treo as it would be WAY outside of my price point, then I might end up getting a Clie! This T600C has everything.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    As usual, Infosync has the story and a link to Japan's sonystyle website.
    I love the MAXIMUM DEFIANT web site.

Very nice pictures.
    Sony seems to do all the things which other Handheld producers have missed. Remember the people who wanted a "Color Visor Pro" after the introduction of 16 MByte RAM?

The T600 is simply the best. Good Job, Sony.
    By the way: Is the casing made of aluminium?

I hope they will also sell the device in the US and Europe.
    Originally posted by weberflo
    Sony seems to do all the things which other Handheld producers have missed. Remember the people who wanted a "Color Visor Pro" after the introduction of 16 MByte RAM?

I hope they will also sell the device in the US and Europe.
    Where theres money to be made Sony will sell it there.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by weberflo
    That's my question also. The thing that made me upgrade from my Visor edge to m505 over the n710c was the fact that I need my PDA to be as slim as possible and also be made of metal. The ruggedness of the m505 won out over the pretty screen of the 710.

I loved EVERYTHING about the 710 except for its size and soft, easily scratchable plastic shell.

All this time I've been wishing "Man, if they only had a PDA with a Clie screen and jog dial but made of metal in an m505 size...." but I thought that was just a pipe dream..... The 16mb is just icing on the cake. ^_^

Yay sony!

btw the color of the casing is nice too!

-=-=-=-=-=-
    edit:

you can use this link to translate those pages. They are interesting reads.
    Last edited by Trotsky; 11/20/2001 at 12:02 PM.
    Originally posted by volcanopele
    Dang, if handspring doesn't come out with an imporved color Visor, not Treo as it would be WAY outside of my price point, then I might end up getting a Clie! This T600C has everything.

Jason
    You won't see a PDA like this from Handspring. Hawkins believes that features found in the T600 are frivolous and unnecessary.
    The consumers are finding Hawkins frivolous and unnecessary.
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    The consumers are finding Hawkins frivolous and unnecessary.
    Speak for yourself buddy. I think Hawkins is right on. The bulk of PDA users are not power users. Sonyowns the power user/gadget crazy market right now. But I dare to say that is as far as they are goign to get until they improve their support systems. As I am sure Handspring is realizing now, the power user/gadget freak market is very soft. if something better come along they are the first to dump their hyped up Sony Clies and Visors on Ebay. Its like those users that must have the latest Windows bug fix..ummm I mean upgrades.
    oh, and I just plunked $290 for the Clie 710C ...

yeah, i wrote that ...