View Poll Results: What Would YOU Want Developed Next for the MS Slot?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • TV Tuner

5 20.83%
  • Radio Tuner

0 0%
  • Speaker (high quality)

0 0%
  • Larger memory stick (e.x. 256mb)

1 4.17%
  • Web Cam

0 0%
  • Wireless Internet

6 25.00%
  • Voice Recorder/Playback

4 16.67%
  • Bottle Opener

6 25.00%
  • Some Kind of LIGHT

0 0%
  • Other-specify

2 8.33%
  1.    #1  
    For all you Sony Clie users out there, what product would you want to be developed first for the MS slot?

i want tv tuner!
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    I will go with the VoiceRecorder, only if they get it right. High Quality and with onboard memory. After all, it is a MemoryStick, the thing should have its own memory.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Right now I'm thinking that Handera (and the new PocketPCs) are the way to go, with multiple slots so you can have memory expansion AND a modem/camera/radio AND a keyboard at the same time...
    I voted for the wireless internet (which I have heard rumors about its existence) but my vote includes a cell phone of course.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Am I the only one who wants bigger memory? I can't believe it!
    I am not a power user and still have not filled up my 8MB. I will say that it would be great to have a 256 MB for MP3s. 128 MB however is still twice as big as my Sounds Good has!

I am sure somewhere down the line there will be a 256 MB or bigger, it is just a matter of time!
    Has anyone bought the memory stick digital camera and if so, do you have pictures to show off? I am also wondering how badly it sucks down the batteries!
    They already have wireless internet:
    http://www.mylo.com/clie/index.php3
    First of all it is not a memory stick and secondly it says in the link that it is designed for the "PEG" series, not the "N" series. That would make it useless for people with 610, 710, and 760 units.
    I dunno what i want. A phone module or a TV or a Voice recorder.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    I want the bottle opener - those Newcastle's are hard to get into without one.
    Originally posted by maddog
    First of all it is not a memory stick and secondly it says in the link that it is designed for the "PEG" series, not the "N" series. That would make it useless for people with 610, 710, and 760 units.
    My CLIE says it's a PEG-N710C.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    The website only lists the S320 and says nothing about the "N" series.
    GPS
    Originally posted by olendorf
    GPS
    Yeah, GPS would be awesome. Surprised I did not think of that. That was the main SpringBoard I wanted, until I found the Prism screen was not visible outdoors. Now that I have the 760, that would be sweet.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    The website only lists the S320 and says nothing about the "N" series.
    Right, I was just pointing out that AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK all CLIE's thus far are PEG something.
    Mike
    Originally posted by GSR13

Yeah, GPS would be awesome. Surprised I did not think of that. That was the main SpringBoard I wanted, until I found the Prism screen was not visible outdoors. Now that I have the 760, that would be sweet.
    I dunno, when I first got my VDx, I was excited about all the expansion possibilities, especiallyGPS. But now I think the best expansion modules are ones that enhance the core functionality of the PDA, not ones that try to make it into something else. That's why I voted for voice recording. I still want a GPS but I'm looking at standalone versions.
    Mike
    PEG? Personal Electronic Gadget?
    Has anyone bought the memory stick digital camera and if so, do you have pictures to show off? I am also wondering how badly it sucks down the batteries!
    The camera isn't available until the end of November.
    I don't have a CLIE (not yet, anyway), but if I did I'd want either a GPS or camera - both of which have been announced but not shipped.

I think I will be looking to upgrade next year, and it will be an interesting choice - one of the newer CLIEs, a TREO, a (so far hypthetical) "Prism II" or one of the new Pocket PCs - so many choices, so little money.