Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    They did. It's called the Curve 8900. Higher resolution screen than the Pre (480x360), WiFi, 3.2 megapixel camera, video and a whopping 356 hours of standby time.
    I had the 8900 before the Pre and it was an amazing phone. It's biggest downfall is lack of 3G.

My biggest beef with BB is the OS. Although it is well refined, it's just antiquated IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    For the loose battery door on the tour just put a small piece of tape where the hindge snaps and END of problem.
    Remember, according to this thread the Pre has atrocious hardware problems, but with a Blackberry it's not atrocious if it can be solved with tape.

Next we'll hear how Motorola problems are dismissed due to user-applied super glue.
    Off Topic

@80sCartoon: I don't know whether I'd consider Scooby Doo (your avatar is Fred, right?) an 80s cartoon. It originated in 1969!
  4.    #44  
    I wasn't trolling or anything, I got my Blackberry Tour today and omg it's miles better than the Palm Pre at it's current state.

WebOS is fantastic, the browser is great, multitasking is phenomenal, but the Pre's hardwar itself is BAD. The Tour's battery last 2x maybe 3x as much as the Pre and I didn't have to "BREAK" it in. Plus it feels expensive and durable. I feel like I can drop it without it shattering.

Palm really needs to get their **** together. The Treo 755p is a personal favorite and I wish the Pre had similar hardware.
    Last edited by lookitsrobss; 08/03/2009 at 07:36 PM.
  5.    #45  
    sorry if I seemed like I was bashing
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Hahaha, we need cases of that for this forum.
    I know there are some legit gripes about a few Pre's w/ hardware problems but to malign the Pre as horrible hardware makes no sense at all. The vast majority of Pre owners have great devices. The same is probably true with the Tour.

I had an 8330 and an 8830 before that. They both needed to be swaped for different problems. I'm on my first Pre. Does that mean that BB has "horrible" hardware? No. It doesn't.

Not any more so than the Pre is horrible hardware. The Pre is a very good phone.

I had the BB and liked them very much but I would not go back to smaller screens, inferior web browsing and having to scroll all over the place on my phone. It was like using my pager from 1999 only in color.
    Off Topic

@80sCartoon: I don't know whether I'd consider Scooby Doo (your avatar is Fred, right?) an 80s cartoon. It originated in 1969!
    Despite that Scooby-Doo has persisted through each decade since its creation, it isn't the best example of an 80's cartoon. My avatar is, however, a combination of Fred from Scooby-Doo, and Jay Sherman from The Critic, which was a 90's cartoon, so I suppose it balances out.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have a Curve which I really enjoyed for awhile and now switching to the pre. I'm just really tired of the BB trackball and their OS.The BB has some basic features that I liked but I don't email or text alot. I like going on the internet and looking things up. I need a new toy. Held the Tour but liked the feel of the Pre and the way it worked. Tired of backing out of pages to close them. Guess we'll see if I made the right decision. Pre suppose to arrive tomorrow.
    The HTC Diamond had awesome battery!?!!?!?!? I could push it to almost 3 days with no charge if I be really careful and close all the unused apps. Then again I had a custom ROM on that boosted the speed and battery my a mile.... It wasn't really the phone. Just the stupid Sprint Stock ROM that gave it horrible battery.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The HTC Diamond had awesome battery!?!!?!?!? I could push it to almost 3 days with no charge if I be really careful and close all the unused apps. Then again I had a custom ROM on that boosted the speed and battery my a mile.... It wasn't really the phone. Just the stupid Sprint Stock ROM that gave it horrible battery.
    Yeah! Stupid Sprint!
    well... i made the switch. but im switching back. the tour reminded me of why i dont like blackberry phones. you got to do to much to use certain features. there's nothing convienent about it, i can tell you that. but dont let me discourage you in to getting it. its a nice phone. im just not a blackberry lover
    Off Topic

Despite that Scooby-Doo has persisted through each decade since its creation, it isn't the best example of an 80's cartoon. My avatar is, however, a combination of Fred from Scooby-Doo, and Jay Sherman from The Critic, which was a 90's cartoon, so I suppose it balances out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Thanks for sharing, please go post elsewhere, noone cares.

And by the way, the Pre has just as good if not better battery life than the IPhone 3GS. So imagine it.

Im not sure where you got this, but from what i've seen, the 3GS has good battery life compared to the Pre.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post

RIGHT

touch diamond has awful battery and im running mighty rom
    yea
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    None of the other forums I spend time on have the level of fanboi idiocy and insult, or the attack dog mentality, of this one. This has become at least as bad as any of the iPhone forums, maybe worse. Someone asks a legitimate question about one of the Pre's less than stellar features, and the fanbois come flying out of their closets, foaming at the mouths, ready to attack.

Compare the Pre to some other phone, and acknowledge the simple truth that, in some ways, the Pre isn't better, and expect the rabid ones to attack.

Heck, anything less than a love poem is going to get someone calling you a troll. This place is rapidly becoming a laughing stock. I'm not, in general, a fan of heavy-handed moderation of forums, but I hope the moderators start clamping down on some of the attack dogs before the users who are here for information start looking elsewhere. Of course, if that happens, then the fanbois can hang around telling each other how wonderful they all are.
    THIS/QFT

My mouth is always foaming even without reading the forum.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    None of the other forums I spend time on have the level of fanboi idiocy and insult, or the attack dog mentality, of this one. This has become at least as bad as any of the iPhone forums, maybe worse. Someone asks a legitimate question about one of the Pre's less than stellar features, and the fanbois come flying out of their closets, foaming at the mouths, ready to attack.

Compare the Pre to some other phone, and acknowledge the simple truth that, in some ways, the Pre isn't better, and expect the rabid ones to attack.

Heck, anything less than a love poem is going to get someone calling you a troll. This place is rapidly becoming a laughing stock. I'm not, in general, a fan of heavy-handed moderation of forums, but I hope the moderators start clamping down on some of the attack dogs before the users who are here for information start looking elsewhere. Of course, if that happens, then the fanbois can hang around telling each other how wonderful they all are.
    I'd like to thank you for your insightful post.
    I am legitimately concerned.

I'm especially concerned how quick ones will call someone a troll - it's wrong.
    If the person is genuinely a troll then the post should be reported so staff can review it. Actually, if the person is truly trolling, a reply is of no help and is also a forum violation:

Personal Attacks - Do not flame, insult, or post a personal attack against another. Be courteous, not rude. Do not troll or respond to trolls. Posters adding on to the same flaming or insulting post can earn the same infraction.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Thanks for sharing, please go post elsewhere, noone cares.

And by the way, the Pre has just as good if not better battery life than the IPhone 3GS. So imagine it.
    No, the 3Gs kicks the Pre's *** in battery life. I had both devices for 3 weeks. The Pre couldn't make it through half a day, the 3Gs sailed through until the evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodathunkit View Post
    A legitimate question and he get's that response? How rude.

I am in the midst of deciding between a Pre and a Blackberry Tour. I have been told the battery life is not that good with the Pre but only slightly better on the Tour.

I have a Treo 755P and love it. I have multiple batteries and keep it in a cradle charger all day so I have no issue.
    I've been using a Tour for the last 5 days or so. The battery life is much better than the Pre (I could barely make it through half a workday on the pre), but it's not as good as the IPhone 3GS. The Tour starts to go flat around 6pm for me without a charge (I unplug it from the wall around 8-9am). The iPhone made it until late evening.

You may not love the OS, but you will love the speed at which you can get email done. No more waiting 3 seconds for every action. On the blackberry you hit a button and the app is up and running in under half a second.

The downsides: the web browser is tolerable but not great. The integration with google apps is clunky. The GTalk client seems to suck your battery dry if you leave it running.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast