Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    If web browsing is at all important to you, the Pre wins hands down.
    Its true that the Web browser in WebOS is much better than blazer. So is the Android and IPhone web browser. However, I have been finding blazer more and more usefull lately as more mobile friendly versions of the websites I need to visit have been made available. Examples include gmail, netflix, New York Times, WSJ, Citibank, Chase, Wikipedia, Zipcar and Tivo.
    I've watched the Kinoma Play demo and it's very nice. What is webOS missing that would preclude Kinoma from it? Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    I still use my Treo 755p. The contact database and music player and camera functions and others are still much better on it than my Pre. It sucks carrying two phones, but oh well. I only keep the Pre now because of the web browser, but my wifes new iphone is much better still in all the areas we travel to. Last straw for me was yesterday, full bars, and NO reception or text messaging. The Regional Sprint rep was right there too and he was shocked. I am on my 7th!!! Pre and will probably go back to my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I've watched the Kinoma Play demo and it's very nice. What is webOS missing that would preclude Kinoma from it? Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    Perhaps you should read the post from the Kinoma employee which covered this. Given what is does, I imagine the Kinoma application on PalmOS and WM includes some audio decompression/decoding algorithms written in C. It would be hard to write that sort of thing in Javascript.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandevo333 View Post
    I still use my Treo 755p. The contact database and music player and camera functions and others are still much better on it than my Pre. It sucks carrying two phones, but oh well. I only keep the Pre now because of the web browser, but my wifes new iphone is much better still in all the areas we travel to. Last straw for me was yesterday, full bars, and NO reception or text messaging. The Regional Sprint rep was right there too and he was shocked. I am on my 7th!!! Pre and will probably go back to my Treo.
    The Pre takes very good pictures and has a much better camera. I'm curious to know what camera functions you're missing from your 755p? Also while the music player is very vanilla and is missing some features like an eq, the audio quality is excellent. As for web browsing, from the various reviews I've seen and from my own experience, the Pre equals the Iphone and in some areas surpasses it. The browser UI is slicker and it is at least as quick if not quicker in some tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Perhaps you should read the post from the Kinoma employee which covered this. Given what is does, I imagine the Kinoma application on PalmOS and WM includes some audio decompression/decoding algorithms written in C.
    That's just the beginning of the features that require a native app, but you've captured the gist of it wonderfully.

As a guideline, once there's a webOS SDK that supports native games, then it's probably close to being able to support a native app like Kinoma Play as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345