1.    #1  
    Saw this article today, it is pretty interesting. Apple blocked some Google talk apps for whatever reason, but what caught my eye was this:

"Sean Kovacs, a 25-year-old programmer in Tampa, Fla., created GV Mobile, one of the Google Voice applications that was removed from the App Store. He said he was creating versions for the Palm Pre and other iPhone competitors instead. “My days of developing for the iPhone are probably done,” he said."

Hopefully, some other developers will feel the same. I feel a change in the winds
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Too bad for every 1 that leaves, hundreds are lining up.
    I'm sure that the Google Voice denials are from AT&T and not Apple itself, but it's only going to hurt the iPhone.

Pretty soon Google is gonna' take over the world.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    I'd be upset to if I spent time and money to develop an app only to have them yank it after approving it. I'd do the same exact thing and develop for other platforms and stick it to the one that yanked it.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Sprint still has not commented either way, right? I hope we don't have the same probs.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    Sprint still has not commented either way, right? I hope we don't have the same probs.
    I don't understand why any carrier would have issue with people using google voice. After all if you are paying the carrier every month they are still getting their money. Think about it, it's not the minute you pay for it's extra features: data, SMS/MMS messages, 3 way calling, sprint TV/radio, GPS nav, and free roaming and free long distance (call from anywhere to anywhere). If it was the minutes they wouldn't give you unlimited mobile to mobile and unlimited nights and weekends starting at 7pm. It's all about the extras now a days. We are headed towards a market where all plans will have unlimited minutes and it is all the other features that will determine cost. Mobiles are replacing land lines more and more every day.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I saw that there were a lot of google apps still on the iphone.
    It is the best app ever xD I actually got it through Cydia... don't know if it still available..
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I'm sure that the Google Voice denials are from AT&T and not Apple itself, but it's only going to hurt the iPhone.

Pretty soon Google is gonna' take over the world.
    Why would Apple have to yeild to ATT anyways? ATT would do anything to keep the IPHONE exclusive.They even gave revenue sharing, wasnt that a huge first with a phone manufacture?Apple wears the pants in that relationship trust me. I bet it has more to do with apple coming up with their own service similar to google's. I just can't see how ATT could force that..In fact Att would prefer apple to not have tethering capabilites in the device at all...but it's there on the 3GS, and will prolly make ATT come up with a plan to allow it....Apple could have made a US version without it right?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/07/2009 at 09:43 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.