Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. PreBro132's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #1  
    Did the 1st generation Iphone have similar types/numbers of problems that we are experiencing with the Pre? Anyone own a 1st gen Iphone?
  2. #2  
    Take a gander over at iphone forums and look at the problems they are having their THIRD gen iphone....
  3. SHO_ONE's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post
    Take a gander over at iphone forums and look at the problems they are having their THIRD gen iphone....
    Here we also see Apple has rejected gvoice.
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/07/28/apple-rejects-official-google-voice-app-clears-app-store-of-third-party-offerings/
  4. PreBro132's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post
    Take a gander over at iphone forums and look at the problems they are having their THIRD gen iphone....
    What is the "offical" Iphone forum?
  5. 02589's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #5  
    I had the iPhone from day one. Your answer is YES, and worse.

    The longer answer is that it was little more than an iPod with a slick interface and a phone. Like the Pre, it had a processor and OS with huge potential. That potential was limited by APPLE who determinded that the only music you could put on it had to come from iTunes. Under extreme pressure, Apple began putting web based apps on the internet which was extremely slow, especially since EVDO was already available on other networks for some time. The BS by Apple is what prompted "jailbreaking" and native apps that would run from the device instead of from the net. It was only when Apple saw how big of an industry it was that they began the process to allow others to make apps to be presented in their AppStore, because Apple could make money off of that.

    And Yes, the iPhone had (and still does have) many issues with notifications, calendars, overheating, battery life, dead pixels, screen cracking, buttons not working, and more.
  6. #6  
    I had the first generation iPhone and I had to replace my first one a week after because it had terrible battery drainage. I had it for 2 years and through out the 2 years I had to replace it 5 times due to various problems. However, one of the replacements was my fault, I got drunk, had it in my pocket and was wrestling with a buddy of mine, landed on it and spiderwebbed the whole screen. When I saw it I felt absolutely awful, sick to my stomach. Luckily, I took it in, they replaced it for free because I was telling the guy about how I had gotten robbed two weeks earlier and they stole my iMac and everything and apparently the guy went through a situation similar to mine. I never had to pay for any of my replacements. Apple knows how to take care of their customers. **** this 30 day thing... I think it's bull****. Even if it's a manufacturer's defect you still have to pay $100 deductible? That's bull****. Apple knows when there is a mistake/defect and fix it accordingly.

    I love the iPhone, I think it's awesome. I also think the Pre is awesome. They just need to make the Pre with better, more durable hardware. They have the software down, they just should have made the Pre with metal/glass combination instead of this ****ty plastic.
  7. PreBro132's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #7  
    That helps mitigate some of the negative feelings I have generated toward Palm, but man...I want this "trial" run of defective phones to end! Not asking for anything special, just a phone that isn't defective!
  8. PreBro132's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherman901 View Post
    I had the first generation iPhone and I had to replace my first one a week after because it had terrible battery drainage. I had it for 2 years and through out the 2 years I had to replace it 5 times due to various problems. However, one of the replacements was my fault, I got drunk, had it in my pocket and was wrestling with a buddy of mine, landed on it and spiderwebbed the whole screen. When I saw it I felt absolutely awful, sick to my stomach. Luckily, I took it in, they replaced it for free because I was telling the guy about how I had gotten robbed two weeks earlier and they stole my iMac and everything and apparently the guy went through a situation similar to mine. I never had to pay for any of my replacements. Apple knows how to take care of their customers. **** this 30 day thing... I think it's bull****. Even if it's a manufacturer's defect you still have to pay $100 deductible? That's bull****. Apple knows when there is a mistake/defect and fix it accordingly.

    I love the iPhone, I think it's awesome. I also think the Pre is awesome. They just need to make the Pre with better, more durable hardware. They have the software down, they just should have made the Pre with metal/glass combination instead of this ****ty plastic.
    Wow, that's pretty generous of Apple to acccomodate you that way. Palm is poor though; they can't accomodate ****.
  9. #9  
    Very simple answer: "YES, YES and YES!!!!"

    The first generation Iphone with the original OS was a mess... The OS updates corrected alot of the initial issues.
  10. #10  
    I'm sure the iPhone forums had this many whiney posts too.
  11. #11  
    My friend had to have her iPhone 3g (2nd Gen) replaced 3 times because it all of a sudden decided to slow down to a crawl.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherman901 View Post
    I had the first generation iPhone and I had to replace my first one a week after because it had terrible battery drainage. I had it for 2 years and through out the 2 years I had to replace it 5 times due to various problems. However, one of the replacements was my fault, I got drunk, had it in my pocket and was wrestling with a buddy of mine, landed on it and spiderwebbed the whole screen. When I saw it I felt absolutely awful, sick to my stomach. Luckily, I took it in, they replaced it for free because I was telling the guy about how I had gotten robbed two weeks earlier and they stole my iMac and everything and apparently the guy went through a situation similar to mine. I never had to pay for any of my replacements. Apple knows how to take care of their customers. **** this 30 day thing... I think it's bull****. Even if it's a manufacturer's defect you still have to pay $100 deductible? That's bull****. Apple knows when there is a mistake/defect and fix it accordingly.

    I love the iPhone, I think it's awesome. I also think the Pre is awesome. They just need to make the Pre with better, more durable hardware. They have the software down, they just should have made the Pre with metal/glass combination instead of this ****ty plastic.
    My "****ty plastic" is holding up pretty damned well. Maybe you forgot that the iPhone went to "****ty plastic" for the case as well?
  13. #13  
    Gonna be a Jerk for a minute.

    Can someone tell me what all the *********'s mean? Is that where you want to say something but c*n't? I *ean c*me on, if you can't com*lete a se*tence or a w*rd with*ut an *, you mi*ht wa*t to retak* E*glish, or find other descriptors that illustrate ones intelligence rather than lack thereof.
  14. PreBro132's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Gonna be a Jerk for a minute.

    Can someone tell me what all the *********'s mean? Is that where you want to say something but c*n't? I *ean c*me on, if you can't com*lete a se*tence or a w*rd with*ut an *, you mi*ht wa*t to retak* E*glish, or find other descriptors that illustrate ones intelligence rather than lack thereof.
    It happens automatically when you type a curse word.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    It happens automatically when you type a curse word.
    I know. Sorry, I need a picture of me in my sarcastic pants to put with these posts.

    John Daly sometimes borrows them:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/28/2009 at 04:06 PM.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    My "****ty plastic" is holding up pretty damned well. Maybe you forgot that the iPhone went to "****ty plastic" for the case as well?
    Right....... except their screen is glass which makes a huge difference.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherman901 View Post
    Right....... except their screen is glass which makes a huge difference.
    When glass scratches, its not pretty. I use a screen protector on my Pre, it negates any benefit glass has. I'll take plastic, thanks.
  18. #18  
    With regards to plastic screen vs glass:






    I've already dropped my Pre a couple of times and not a crack can be seen. Can't say as much for $hitty glass.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    With regards to plastic screen vs glass:
    I've already dropped my Pre a couple of times and not a crack can be seen. Can't say as much for $hitty glass.
    When my Mac-loving sister and I were at brunch this weekend, my "crappily-built" Pre was sitting on the table, just as I carry it - no pouch, no case, no screen protector, no nothing - just naked in the front pocket of my jeans. While her "solid as a rock" build-quality iPhone 3G was sitting right next to it with this big pink plastic skin/protoector thing with huge corners on it. First time I've ever seen a rock with protection on it.
    Last edited by GMoney749; 07/28/2009 at 05:06 PM.
  20. PreBro132's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    When my Mac-loving sister and I were at brunch this weekend, my crappily-built Pre was sitting on the table, just as I carry it - no pouch, no case, no screen protector, no nothing - just naked in the front pocket of my jeans. While her "solid as a rock" build-quality iPhone 3G was sitting right next to it with this big pink plastic skin/protoector thing with huge corners on it. First time I've ever seen a rock with protection on it.
    Hahaha, crappily built pre...sighs...funny but true. Though, I feel the pre's screen seems solid to me? My problem is the laminate keeps peeling off. It's 2009, how bout that laminate that doesn't peel off? Maybe, I could possibly get some that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions