1.    #1  
    This is my first post, so please be patient with me. I've searched through the forums and haven't quite found what I've been looking for.

Here's the deal: In November, my Spring contract expires, which opens the door for an iPhone. However, I am intrigued by the Pre. I can upgrade to it now for $99 (extending my contract for 2 more years), and it's a considerable upgrade over my current latest-gen Moto Razer.

I've read the reviews and watched the speed comparisons and whatnot, but I want real-world experiences. Those of you that have been using the Pre for a while, what do you think? Any regrets?

What do you love about it?
    What do you hate about it?
    Are the apps getting any better?

If you were in my position, would you upgrade or hold out?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
    Unless your current phone is driving you nuts, my advice would be to wait until November and see what state the Pre is in then. People keep saying the bugs and missing features will get fixed by updates. By November we ought to have a pretty good idea how true that will be.

Aside from that, I think all you're going to get here is a rehash of the love poems and hate mail that's been posted over and over again. Some people love it, some people hate it, some make excuses for it, some accept it for what it is, and believe / hope it will improve. If you actually read what people have posted so far, you'll get answers to your question. A lot of different answers, but that's the nature of the beast.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I agree with the waiting. $99 though? After mail in rebates it should be $199, not $99. Anywhoo, I too am waiting for my contract to end. I may or may not go to the iPhone. ATT service I have been told more and more isn't reliable. BUT I LOVE THAT NEW iPhone 3Gs! I even tried to not like it! LOL, but I just dont know.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I would say if you don't have the stomach for the growing pains of a first gen device and platform, the Pre might not be for you right now. I love it, but it still has lots of quirks and small bugs, but I think the potential is there for it to be a really great phone, and pretty soon. I love Apple products generally, but refused to get an iPhone because of AT&T and because the iPhone doesn't play as well with Exchange, which I really rely on. I agree with Meyer-- wait til November, if you can stand it, and see how the Pre's doing then.
    i own both phones... Palm Pre and iPhone... i love the iphone once it's jailbroken and unlocked. its a very nice phone... i just can't accept the fact that AT&T makes you pay at least $100.00/mo for everything you'll get with Sprint and a $59.99 plan. that's what kept me away from AT&T. for now, i keep my iphone when i go on business trips over seas - i just pop in my sim card and go.

my palm pre is amazing, has tons of potential and truly a very nice phone overall. i use it a lot, and i charge the battery from dead (100% - 0%) about twice a day - that's how much i use it.

now, when i go overseas, i use the iphone exclusively, i use it a lot also, and only have to charge it about 1.5 times a day. i have mine jailbroken so i have tons of apps and anything to keep me busy during the day when i'm bored.

do the math between the plan and phone per year... the palm pre is the bargain...

btw, the palm pre is $199 unless you got it from best buy during their pricing error, which was at $99 - luckily i got in on this deal .