1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Still debating getting a Pre....I was playing with a new iPhone today, and I have to say it was pretty cool. One thing I really like is how the screen is big enough you can actually ready websites without having to do a ton of zooming...when I played with the Pre it seemed like I had to do a lot more scrolling, zooming, etc. to make text readable, etc....anyone who's owned both have any comments on this? Playing around for 5 minutes isn't really real world usage...

Thanks!

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Hey guys,

Still debating getting a Pre....I was playing with a new iPhone today, and I have to say it was pretty cool. One thing I really like is how the screen is big enough you can actually ready websites without having to do a ton of zooming...when I played with the Pre it seemed like I had to do a lot more scrolling, zooming, etc. to make text readable, etc....anyone who's owned both have any comments on this? Playing around for 5 minutes isn't really real world usage...

Thanks!

Mike
    If you've used both, and prefer the iPhone, why are you asking a bunch of strangers to tell you differently? Most of us here have chosen the Pre, it sounds like you've chosen something different. You should go get it.
    I've used both for extended periods of time, to me the pres screen is better it just seems to pop more, quoting the guy from phonedog.com I agree he says looks like they use a different fonts, might be that , but for about 10% smaller screen it just looks better, IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks!

Mike
    Bigger vs. sharper
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    OP: You will find it easier to browse by double-tapping a section. And in most cases (if not all), it ends up being readable. Flip it over to the side and it's bigger. The text is very sharp and unrivaled. But it depends if you want a smaller phone or a bigger phone.

Also, decide if you feel more comfortable typing on a physical keyboard or onscreen keyboard. If you aren't going to enjoy typing then how will you enjoy the phone?

The WebOS update coming soon (???) should be your deciding factor. It may come out before the end of this month so I would suggest you to wait a bit.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Both have the same resolution (320 x 480).
    To be seriously honest, I also wish the Pre was larger.

But that's just me. I like big and heavy phones; I'm surprised I got a Pre.
    But keep in mind it's the same resolution.

For the web, double-clicking on a block of text makes it readable.
    I have a Pre and an Ipod Touch 2g. I prefer the Ipod screen.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys....it does help to get insight from people living with the device...only so much can be gleaned in a short instore demo...I didnt know about the double tap, maybe that solves the issue. I just found myself working a lot hard to see a page on the Pre...