1.    #1  
    This is pretty interesting. I bet you won't find this all over the iPhone forums. Even though they say they didn't beat this poor guy, I don't know if I would believe if or not because the security official admits how agitated he was, and how he did not believe this poor guy.

All because of a darn iPhone...

Check it out... here's the link
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfishbein View Post
    This is pretty interesting. I bet you won't find this all over the iPhone forums. Even though they say they didn't beat this poor guy, I don't know if I would believe if or not because the security official admits how agitated he was, and how he did not believe this poor guy.

All because of a darn iPhone...

Check it out... here's the link
    Its their culture. He was only 25.
    Foxconn factory in Asia... I'm sure its not the first time. Nothing against the company or the region, but things are done differently over there.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    Yeah, I realized it after the fact, due to the fact that it only said something about the iPhone 4g in the title, and that I'm not up at 3am reading posts.

Plus, the reason I posted it wasn't b/c of the next gen phone in production (which if you read that post is what just about everyone replied about), but b/c someone committed suicide b/c he lost a phone.
    Yeah, sure. It was 'suicide'. Jobs probably hunted him down himself.

In all seriousness though, it's a terrible thing to happen and it's unfortunate he was apparently wound so tightly for this to be the result.
    Freedom reigns in Communist China.
    wow the ultimate apple fanboy....he lived, worked, and died for apple...
    CNN running a video story today "inside the foxconn factory" after yet another person committed suicide (that makes 7 or 8 in a short time period?). You see the workers diligently putting pieces together. A box with an apple logo is shown beside each worker. CNN puts up a graphic later in the piece that names HP and a few others that also use the factory to assemble electronics. Outside the factory, there are huge lines as people line up to apply for this factory "job in the city."
    This part of the city seems to be a foxconn compound with restaurants and grocery stores but no recreation activity. CNN points out that the workers don't have a sense of community as they run home and sleep before getting up early the next morning to work again. Also some of the managers are deemed "critical" of work habits, whatever that means.

Doesn't seem like industry here has a great solution. Outside pressure seems to be needed. Its a little creepy to think our devices may be assembled by people in such harsh conditions.