Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Here ya go guys. It was super close, but iphone edged the pre out. Whatever, I still luv my preee

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff80 View Post
    Here ya go guys. It was super close, but iphone edged the pre out. Whatever, I still luv my preee

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    wait till after a month after all the updates and the apps
    we will see then
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    wait till after a month after all the updates and the apps
    we will see then
    A month? In a month not much is going to change.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    maybe around october or november i'd like to see a rematch. flash will hopefully be out by then and of course the apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    A month? In a month not much is going to change.
    if all the rumors are true
    -copy and paste
    -text forwarding
    -video recording
    -more apps....etc
    only time will tell
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Uh, yes. It will change plenty within a month. In fact, if we had that 1.1 update by the time they reviewed this, it is very likely that it would've trounced the iPhone 3GS in many areas. Heck, with a few more updates, the Palm Pre would've been a total winner.
    Well, that was definitely the most interesting prizefight so far! XD. The iPhone's processor isn't really faster though. Aren't they like, extremely similar? The pre's sluggishness is more induced by a baby OS. Heck, that game developer dude, can't remember his name, says the Pre is more powerful than the 3GS. Either way, seeing as the Pre has only been out for a month and a half, that it is so close to the veteran iPhone is definitely quite a feat.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    yeah, actually what surprised me was round 4 where the iphone took the lead by one whole point! was video recording that important to them? that round questionable, but it was a good showdown nonetheless.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    The overall phone and service features that really matter to me make me glad I took a chance on the Pre.

I think a huge thing to remember is how awesome it is that a new 1.0 device is equally as good and better in a lot of ways than a 3.0 device!!! I'm stoked to think how great the software updates will be in the near future.. .
    At those differences and without even discussing carrier network and plans, it's really the type of usage that should determine.

For me multitasking is non-negotiable, but I don't play games so obviously I have not interest in the iPhone.

The only credible review I've seen was on Ars Technica.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    how can they give apple a 4.0 for multitasking? shouldn't it be a 0 or 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    how can they give apple a 4.0 for multitasking? shouldn't it be a 0 or 1?
    The iphone multi tasks all of its core apps.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The iphone multi tasks all of its core apps.
    besides music, what else does it multitask?
    Was that "blockiness" that I saw on the iPhone?

Overall, I thought it was a good comparison. When the Pre gets refined throughout its inaugural year, it should be very interesting.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I wish Palm had put out update 1.1 before the Prize Fight. Pre would have been the winner. If you just compare pricing alone,Sprint is a far better deal than ATT... Then if you look at the "Tie" between the Pre and iPhone.... Pre is a clear winner. PALM GET OUT THE APPS and UPDATES ASAP !!!!!
    the pre should have got a 5.0 for multitasking they jipped it givin it a 4.7
    By the end of the year there will be no contest between the two. Once we get all of our updates, then the 3gs will come in second, hopefully. I have to say this is the only prizefight I have ever seen this close, 3GS 4.32 to Pre 4.26. Considering that it is a 1.0 device it held up pretty well. I'm pretty impressed by the Pre, but I know that Bonnie Cha is a little biased towards our phone (the pre) and Brian Tong is definitely biased towards the 3GS.

Oh well, only time will tell, but I have to say it is pretty satisfying to see the Pre pretty much hold it's own. I always just keep telling myself that people were complaining about the original iPhone lacking apps in the beginning too, so you cannot hold it against Palm for taking awhile.
    Palm is never going to win one of these shootouts unless Apple stops developing devices. It's not because Palm is any less of a device it's because all of the main stream tech outlets are Apple fanboys.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    the pre should have got a 5.0 for multitasking they jipped it givin it a 4.7
    Well, two voted 5 and one voted 4. I actually agree with that. Besides, the Palm Pre in its current state is kind of laggy. That does not make up for a smooth multitasking experience. 4.7 is very much well deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever View Post
    Palm is never going to win one of these shootouts unless Apple stops developing devices. It's not because Palm is any less of a device it's because all of the main stream tech outlets are Apple fanboys.
    I cannot argue with that statement.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast