1.    #1  
    I bought my little girl a Cybiko, 'cause she always wants to play with daddy's little puter. The other end of the serial connector for this thing fits not only the cybiko, but is the exact same connector as the thinmodem dongle as well, since she's four and has exactly no reason to hook this thing up to a computer (If it makes it long enough!) I wonder if I could rig this into an extra dongle?
    Just thinking.
    Sterling
    You need to check the connector to make sure the wiring is the same. The connector may be the same but the wiring could be totally different. If you've got a multi-meter, check the wires to make sure they're in the same configuration on the cybiko connector as your thinmodem connector. I wouldn't try to use the connector until you do this as it might short something out if it's not wired the same.

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Burns
    You need to check the connector to make sure the wiring is the same. The connector may be the same but the wiring could be totally different. If you've got a multi-meter, check the wires to make sure they're in the same configuration on the cybiko connector as your thinmodem connector. I wouldn't try to use the connector until you do this as it might short something out if it's not wired the same.

- Burns
    Thanks - I'll try that, as for the multimeter - the company gave (well, that's a relative term) me a nice Fluke 87III.
    Sterling