Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    See the table at the bottom of this infosync page

infoSync Unveils Next-Gen Phone Search
    Here is the breakdown of the top 4.
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...ected+products
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    WOW, what's got to be a concern for the other players, is how a 1.0 OS and device that's less than a couple months out, is already a heavy hitter!
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    A Nokia N95! Ya right!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    How in the hell does a phone with no full keyboard and no touchscreen beat the palm pre? I can understand the iphone 3gs because there is a ton of apple whores out there.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    The detailed scores are there for you to see.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Including an N95 shows us how competent they are...
    Well if by third place the REALLY mean first... I agree!
    The Pre does WORK
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    best i've ever had

(coming from Centro, Treo 650 and a BB)
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Interesting the a 1.0 Palm device ties a 2.0 Apple device and is close to a 3.0 Apple device. Love how the Web Browser line has nothing for the Pre, implying that no web browser is there. Very classy.
    I don't know about the learning curve thing. I showed my phone to my supervisor, and he was able to navigate the phone in seconds. We aren't permitted to have phones on our call center floor, but everyday since I've showed him my phone he stops by my desk and asks to see it. I don't know what phone he has but he's on tmobile. He just looks at me and shakes his head, repeating over and over, "that is a NICE phone."
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    That Nokia looks terrible. It amazes me anyone would buy that thing. Also, the iPhone 3G is now a 3.0 device, not a 2.0 Though a friend of mine with the 3G with os 3.0 told me its incredibly slow now.
    I wonder how much time they actually put into these reviews. In the Cons for the Pre it refers to the home button as a trackball. Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I don't know about the learning curve thing. I showed my phone to my supervisor, and he was able to navigate the phone in seconds. We aren't permitted to have phones on our call center floor, but everyday since I've showed him my phone he stops by my desk and asks to see it. I don't know what phone he has but he's on tmobile. He just looks at me and shakes his head, repeating over and over, "that is a NICE phone."
    Priceless.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Why is the 3gs on there it is a 3g with a video camera app whoop-de-freaking do
    people who gave that a 5% over a 3g iphone are retarded and including that nokia
    this is the stupidest review ever and I thought the iphone 3g would win with its well built reputation!!!! But my new pre is bad *** to : D
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    this article is bias a lot of the ratings i don't agree with
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    people who gave that a 5% over a 3g iphone are retarded and including that nokia
    this is the stupidest review ever and I thought the iphone 3g would win with its well built reputation!!!! But my new pre is bad *** to : D
    Palm fanboys for you.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Nokia is the #1 selling smart phone globally. Has been for so long. Before the iPhone, if you travelled outside the US more than likely you'd see someone with a Nokia.
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    The 3Gs isn't just a 3G with a video camera app, you are quite wrong. Its an entirely new architecture, and a much higher clock speed, among other things.
    The Nokia does look terrible, the interface is Fugly, and the phone old fashioned.

However, I use one and I can't find a phone to replace it. It's tough, It has a great camera with flash, the speakers are incredibly loud, and the battery lasts forever, it has a Slingplayer app. a decent eBook reader, the GPS is fast & accurate, it has a great Geocaching app, navigation is usable, it never crashes..

I'm a heavy user on a monthly plan that has expired, I can have any phone I want for free, and I'm stuck, nothing is as "all round" as the N95 8GB.

Yes, I'm waiting to get a Pre, but I will miss my Slingplayer, the Camera is a downgrade, I doubt the speaker (singular) is as loud, and from reading this forum no way is it as tough.

Why get a Pre? I'd like a more modern interface, a faster processor and I'm hoping that WebOS will inspire 3rd party programmers and in a years time I'll have loads of apps to choose from.

Techo lust.. it's a *****!
    Quote Originally Posted by steevp View Post
    The Nokia does look terrible, the interface is Fugly, and the phone old fashioned.

However, I use one and I can't find a phone to replace it. It's tough, It has a great camera with flash, the speakers are incredibly loud, and the battery lasts forever, it has a Slingplayer app. a decent eBook reader, the GPS is fast & accurate, it has a great Geocaching app, navigation is usable, it never crashes..

I'm a heavy user on a monthly plan that has expired, I can have any phone I want for free, and I'm stuck, nothing is as "all round" as the N95 8GB.

Yes, I'm waiting to get a Pre, but I will miss my Slingplayer, the Camera is a downgrade, I doubt the speaker (singular) is as loud, and from reading this forum no way is it as tough.

Why get a Pre? I'd like a more modern interface, a faster processor and I'm hoping that WebOS will inspire 3rd party programmers and in a years time I'll have loads of apps to choose from.

Techo lust.. it's a *****!
    What makes the camera a downgrade? I find it takes pretty phenomenal pictures.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast