Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    What makes the camera a downgrade? I find it takes pretty phenomenal pictures.
    The N95's camera is 5MP, has a Carl Zeiss lens, records video and has a whole host of manual options (and a picture editor).

I'm not saying the Pre can't take decent pictures, but pictures from the N95 can be printed larger, and in difficult or creative situations the camera can be controlled manually. at the moment for me.. it's better.

-S.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    It looks like the Nokia phone has been photoshopped and the proportions changed in the landscape views. Why does the screen look so much bigger in landscape than it does in portrait? I know the full screen isn't being utilized in the portrait screenshots, but that actually looks like two different phones. Smells fishy...
    My opinion why the Nokia would score higher

• The Pre lacks expansion capability ( limited to 8gb on board) if Pre offered 16 on board it would probably score higher.

• If Palm releases a software update then The Pre would scor ehigher on the camera w/added Video recording & touch focus Alos this was based purely on Specs if The Pre's Photo quality was compared to th eothers i bet it would score higher.

The rest of the low scores will most likely be fixed with Software updates.

This comparison should be done at the end of the year to see how far Plam has come with Software updates..

of course it scored low on gaming & Accesoeires it has only been out for less than 2 months.

We'll see...
    Quote Originally Posted by steevp View Post
    The N95's camera is 5MP, has a Carl Zeiss lens, records video and has a whole host of manual options (and a picture editor).

I'm not saying the Pre can't take decent pictures, but pictures from the N95 can be printed larger, and in difficult or creative situations the camera can be controlled manually. at the moment for me.. it's better.

-S.
    I agree the Nokia Camera Is the best of all 4 , it can be used as a primary digital camera. carl Zeiss Lens, It lacks Led Flash however N97 has Led Flash, Nokia did great with the camera but this is a cell phone so IMO they need to tweak the OS instead. A killer camera is nice feature but a sluggish antiquated OS is a deal breaker!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Nokia is the #1 selling smart phone globally. Has been for so long. Before the iPhone, if you travelled outside the US more than likely you'd see someone with a Nokia.
    Source?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post

• The Pre lacks expansion capability ( limited to 8gb on board) if Pre offered 16 on board it would probably score higher.

• If Palm releases a software update then The Pre would scor ehigher on the camera w/added Video recording & touch focus Alos this was based purely on Specs if The Pre's Photo quality was compared to th eothers i bet it would score higher.
    +1. 16 and video on launch (or before that review was written) would have probably placed it at #2. However, preference comes into play when doing these things. If Sprint offered the iPhone next week, would most people who have both Sprint and the Pre stick with the Pre?
    Let's get 10 post so we can see it.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I really think 8GB is sufficient. 16GB is overkill, especially with what the device was made for.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    this article is bias a lot of the ratings i don't agree with
    1.0 OS is competing with this? WOW good job Palm. :-)

Another thing... The Pre camera did WORSE than Iphone 3G? WTF? WTF?
    Anybody else think that the Pre also should have gotten like a 4.6+ on Productivity?

And how did Music and Video get a higher rating on the Iphone 3GS than 3g?
    Display and Interface... Iphone beats Pre? Umm? Last time I checked, the Display and Interface is just a bunch of apps that are listed.
    As for gaming, can we really tell until there are games out for the Pre?
    You'd think the Touchstone charger would get Palm a higher accessories score, but nah... What about the fact that Iphone uses their own cord while the Palm uses a more handy universal USB cord?
    I smell fanboys.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    .... Love how the Web Browser line has nothing for the Pre, implying that no web browser is there. Very classy.
    I notice they had a blank for the N95 too.

I suspect this data came from the original specs sheet they had before they knew what browser the PRE would have (the top half of the report) and the scoring part (bottom half of the report) came afterwards.

However the N95 is a very good phone and pda, don't underestimate the ease of use of the Symbian OS. It's just not as slick as the others but it handles most stuff very well.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Source?
    Sorry meant to say #1 selling phone manufacturer, not smart phone.
    One big issue with infosync's article. The Iphone is not considered a smartphone, well users consider it that. The tech world and reviewers however do not think it's a smartphone at all. Also seeing the N95 up there has me wondering if this site has its shoes on correctly. I would say the in this order best smart devices.

BB Bold
    Palm Pre
    BB Tour

For US
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    One big issue with infosync's article. The Iphone is not considered a smartphone, well users consider it that. The tech world and reviewers however do not think it's a smartphone at all. Also seeing the N95 up there has me wondering if this site has its shoes on correctly. I would say the in this order best smart devices.

BB Bold
    Palm Pre
    BB Tour

For US
    Of course the iPhone is a smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    One big issue with infosync's article. The Iphone is not considered a smartphone, well users consider it that. The tech world and reviewers however do not think it's a smartphone at all.
    How's 2007 working out for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Another thing... The Pre camera did WORSE than Iphone 3G? WTF? WTF?
    Anybody else think that the Pre also should have gotten like a 4.6+ on Productivity?
    Not yet. Too many things I can't do that I could on the Treo 755p from a productivity standpoint. However, there are many cool things that I can now do that I couldn't before. It will get there, pretty soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Of course the iPhone is a smartphone.
    How many business users are able to use an iphone? Many articles and blogs have reported this.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    How many business users are able to use an iphone? Many articles and blogs have reported this.
    Since the iPhone was voted with having the highest satisfaction ratings amongst business users, I would say a whole lot:

New Study Says iPhone Ranks First—For Business - Tech Check with Jim Goldman - CNBC.com
    oops
    Last edited by oddlou; 07/21/2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: double post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Since the iPhone was voted with having the highest satisfaction ratings amongst business users, I would say a whole lot:

New Study Says iPhone Ranks First—For Business - Tech Check with Jim Goldman - CNBC.com
    Does it? It just means that the people that are using it for business like it, not that a lot of business people are using it.

You fail at logic. Congratulations. You should look for an app to help you with that.

I'm sure the Iphone has made strides in the enterprise arena, but it's still pretty far away from being what most business users need.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Well, the article shows their scoring. However, some of the categories are rather subjective. I don't really see this as being all that telling. Thanks for the post though.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast