Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I've got this Apple-fanatic buddy at work. We were doing some training in Savannah last week, and he wanted to let me shoot his Glock after work one day. Since neither of us is from SAV, he got a reccomendation on a nearby shooting range. With much fanfare, he pulls out his iPhone, calls in the range's name, and gets directions on his GPS app.

    Off we go.

    Of course, I wanted to show my Pre off, so I start Sprint Nav, search the range's name, and Betty starts spitting out directions. She says we have 2 miles to go, and the range will be on our right. My buddy's iPhone says range is on the left, so he stays in the left lane. He's looking to the left as we approach; I'm looking on the right. I spot it just as Betty says "destination on the right."

    Buddy says: "huh! How long have you had that thing? You like it?" (he knew what the "thing" was).

    And that was that!
  2. yiffzer's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #2  
    Cute.
  3. #3  
    nuff said!
  4. #4  
    I have two iphone friends. I have whipped out my pre in front of them on several occasions. Not ONCE has either one asked to see my new phone even though I told them 2 months ago I was getting the new Palm Pre. BITTER???? SCARED???? Jealous???? Not sure what it is. But it's certainly weird. When they got their iphones I held them, played with them and said how cool they were... I get NO RESPONSE from either fanboy.....
  5. #5  
    Yeah, I have noticed this as well. The most fanboyish of fanbois don't even want to acknowledge the Pre's existence. LA LA LA I can't see you!! Everything is OK in Apple World! LA LA LA!
  6. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #6  
    I just get a funny image in my head when people say they "whipped out" their phone.
  7. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #7  
    i was coming home the other night and went to **** in my alley. i went to whip it out but saw cops drive by so i thought better of it. they pulled a u-turn and came by to hassle me.
    "drugs?"
    "no."
    "weapons?"
    "no."
    "give me your phone" the cop says. he starts playing with my Pre. He asks, "Is this the new Pre?"
    "yes officer it is"
    "i have an iPhone"
    At that point I was sure I was going to jail but they let me go.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I have two iphone friends. I have whipped out my pre in front of them on several occasions. Not ONCE has either one asked to see my new phone even though I told them 2 months ago I was getting the new Palm Pre. BITTER???? SCARED???? Jealous???? Not sure what it is. But it's certainly weird. When they got their iphones I held them, played with them and said how cool they were... I get NO RESPONSE from either fanboy.....
    Yep, it's weird, I've noticed the same thing. I know a lot of people who own iPhones and, other than one IT guy at work on the first day I had it (and he only looked at it long enough to confirm that he hated the keyboard) not one of them has ever asked to check out the Pre.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidicinal View Post
    ...LA LA LA I can't see you!! Everything is OK in Apple World! LA LA LA!
    lol
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  10. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #10  
    this pre vs iphone **** is like the chevy vs. ford battle... pointless because in the end they both accomplish the same goal.
  11. #11  
    Did your friend's iPhone lose battery power, even when plugged in, like your Pre does when using the navigation program?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    this pre vs iphone **** is like the chevy vs. ford battle... pointless because in the end they both accomplish the same goal.
    Yeah, but it's fun.

    I'v got a buddy who was giving me a little friendly crap about my Pre . He turns to me and shows me (sadly one of many) fart app on his iPhone and asked jokingly "Does you pre have this yet" to which I answered (sadly) "yes it does." Then I proceeded to pull up My Tether and asked "does your iPhone have this yet." His response

    Head hanging "No . . . Crap!"

    Cheers
    Dan
  13. fmxbrando's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #13  
    I must know the only iPhone fanboi who DOESN'T ignore the pre's existence... He asked me to be on his tech video blog something or another to do a side by side between my phone and his TWO iPhones... after playing with my phone for about 5 minutes he cancelled one of his iPhone contracts to buy a pre lol...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    i was coming home the other night and went to **** in my alley. i went to whip it out but saw cops drive by so i thought better of it. they pulled a u-turn and came by to hassle me.
    "drugs?"
    "no."
    "weapons?"
    "no."
    "give me your phone" the cop says. he starts playing with my Pre. He asks, "Is this the new Pre?"
    "yes officer it is"
    "i have an iPhone"
    At that point I was sure I was going to jail but they let me go.
    The cop taking your phone sounds like an illegal search and seizure. They can pat you down for weapons, but not ask for or take your phone. Don't put up with this next time. Also, don't **** in public ...
  15. zacarias's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #15  
    Sprint's Nav was always a good and accurate app.. My mom's verizon (i forget the name of the thing) nav app got us lost one day, till my trusty spring nav led the way home.
  16. #16  
    ...
    Last edited by PalmPre1337; 09/15/2012 at 03:52 PM.
  17. #17  
    one of my coworkers is an iphone cowboy. he likes to always talk about this and that that the "new" iphone has that i know my pre already can do. i always follow up with , yeah i got that already on this.
    i think the sync is what he covets.
  18. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano19 View Post
    Yeah, but it's fun.

    I'v got a buddy who was giving me a little friendly crap about my Pre . He turns to me and shows me (sadly one of many) fart app on his iPhone and asked jokingly "Does you pre have this yet" to which I answered (sadly) "yes it does." Then I proceeded to pull up My Tether and asked "does your iPhone have this yet." His response

    Head hanging "No . . . Crap!"

    Cheers
    Dan
    lol, we have like 6 iphone owners where I work, most use them for work and design programs to help them use the iphone in our industry. they always ask about my pre and its new abilities

Posting Permissions