Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Interesting post! I am waiting on the TP2 myself and will give the pre to my daughter who thinks the makeup mirror is cool. Lol, I may look back on palm when they have better hardware(Junk) and a more complete os. But again by the time palm has all that completed who knows what will be available.
    Last edited by Wendellp; 07/16/2009 at 02:34 PM.
    I've never read one reviewer who has put Android in the same class as the iPhone OS or WebOS. I don't think they are and I had great hope for the platform. If I was buying a phone today (which I did), it comes down to the iPhone or WebOS. iPhone may be slightly better for multimedia, the Pre is better for productivity.
    I know that someone above mentioned the widgets as an advantage for Android, but I have to disagree entirely with that. They make the interface look messy, and part of why the iPhone does so well is its clean interface. Android so far feels unfinished to me (even more so than the Pre). HTC looks to have improved that slightly with the Hero, but l see nothing to give the impression that it'll come close to feeling like anything more than just a product for the technical-minded. To me it seems like a step up from WM but still far behind the iPhone and Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    Interesting post! I am waiting on the TP2 myself and will give the pre to my daughter who thinks the makeup mirror is cool. Lol, I may look back on palm when they have better hardware(Junk) and a more complete os. But again by the time palm has all that completed who knows what will be available.
    I just watched a 10 minute review posted on YouTube of the TP2. I have to admit, on this device HTC has made it seem as if you cannot tell its WinMo. The UI on the device seems as quick as webOS on the Pre. Were I not with the Pre, I'd hold out for the TP2 rather than the Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    I just watched a 10 minute review posted on YouTube of the TP2. I have to admit, on this device HTC has made it seem as if you cannot tell its WinMo. The UI on the device seems as quick as webOS on the Pre. Were I not with the Pre, I'd hold out for the TP2 rather than the Hero.
    The hero has a 5mp camera, pretty sweet. But the TP2 has the querty keypad I need and is the best I seen on a mobile device. My 1 complaint on the TP2 is the cpu did not change from the original TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    The hero has a 5mp camera, pretty sweet. But the TP2 has the querty keypad I need and is the best I seen on a mobile device. My 1 complaint on the TP2 is the cpu did not change from the original TP.
    It's 5mp but it's still a crappy plastic lens, and no flash(or lame led one like the pre). Until there are actual lenses on these phones, MP won't really make much of a difference unfortunately. Yes I know you can get external lenses for the iPhone but, for some reason those who buy that forget it's still a crappy shutter underneath with that plastic lens.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    TP2 looks amazing hardware-wise. Of course it was snappy, though...it's brand new. The biggest problem with WinMo is that it begins to drag over time. I've used WinMo for years and factory resets are something that you have to get used to. WVGA is very hard to resist, though. If the Pre was never released, the TP2 would probably be my device of choice.

I would definitely take the Pre over the Hero, but I think that the Hero will be an excellent device. I love the cards, synergy, form factor and hardware keyboard of the Pre and any other device just wouldn't feel adequate.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12