1.    #1  
    Look at my avator, this is a picture on the cony clie from sony's website. Could it really be this good, or was it cut and paste?

Does anyone out there have a sony clie and a prism? If you do, could you take pictures of them next to eachother, one in daylight outside, one indoors, and one at night. Have the sony's backlight off for the day picture, but on for the indoors if needed and at night of course.

I would very much appreciate it, becuase im stuck between the sony or prism, but I am more on the sony side.

Those pictures on the singapore site are just not adiquite.

thanks,
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    the picture really does look that good (probably took sony a long time to make it that way)
    I really like the Clie, I'd probably get one and ditch my iPAQ except for one minor problem. SLOW processor, it just doesn't have the power for me to run something like PocketDos or RocketElite. Once Palm switches to the StrongArm I might convert.
  4.    #4  
    Slow processor? Just becuase it is only 33mhz compared to ppc processors which are much more, doesnt mean it is slower. Ppc's need more speed becuase their programs require it.

I really dont need pictures anymore, I saw them on pdabuzz
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Robert, I'd be skeptical of that picture. While the resolution may be right, I don't think that the vibrancy will match that. I have an iPaq (which has the same sort of reflective screen) and the colors aren't nearly as vibrant as an active matrix screen (e.g. - Visor Prism or Casio pre-PPC 2002).

Scott
    Originally posted by Scott R
    Robert, I'd be skeptical of that picture. While the resolution may be right, I don't think that the vibrancy will match that. I have an iPaq (which has the same sort of reflective screen) and the colors aren't nearly as vibrant as an active matrix screen (e.g. - Visor Prism or Casio pre-PPC 2002).

Scott
    Scott,

You made a good point. But despite the lack of vibrance in the CLie and the Ipaq, They both have the best screens around in the PDA world. They are great for viewing indoors and outdoors. They are just the best choices when you have to deal with every kind of lighting condition.

As far as the vibrance issue goes. The Visor Prism wins handsdown. But cannot be seen well outdoors. (I gave it to my fiancee so I still see that jem of a pda). Also the Prism is only 160x160 resolution. Believe me . . . . 320x320 res does make a difference, especially with photos. Though the colors are more vibrant on the Prism and simarly displayed devices. The resolution of my Clie 710+ makes up for the lost vibrance. And the colors still look great
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Well, it's subjective. My iPaq (and, from what I've heard, all reflective screened PDAs - CLIE included) suffers from dust problems. IMO, until this problem is completely eliminated, this technology is not quite ready for prime time.

As always, it depends on your particular needs. Do you use your PDA primarily indoors? If so, the outdoor visibility is not an issue. Increased resolution is a definite plus, but how much so will depend on how many developers support it. If you do a lot of word processing or document reading, the Sony's screen will blow away the Handspring's. But where's a well-made high-res web browser (I know there's a japanese one out there)? Personally, I'd like to see Palm/Handspring come out with a higher resolution device (no matter what that res happens to be), but I think I'd prefer an active matrix screen over the reflective technology, for my needs/preferences. For other reasons why I prefer the Prism over the CLIE (as of today), check out my post on this thread:

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=19178

Scott
    Robert:

To answer your question: It's simulated. The Clie screen has nowhere near that kind of color saturation or contrast. (Please no flames - that's not saying it's worse.) For more detail, read my review/rant comparing the Clie and Prism in the Prism forum: http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=19279