1.    #1  
    ... Just saw me surfin the www on my Pre in the breakroom and asked what service I have. Told him "Sprint". He says he just got it saturday and had service all weekend but hasn't had it since he walked in here today.

We work in a plant and even I admit Sprint's service isn't always the best in here but I never go into a "no service" area in here.

Scratch another one up for Sprint and the Pre!
    You have to hand it to AT&T for gambling on the exclusivity with the iphone. I'm sure the iphone was the major reason for AT&T's healthy subscriber base the past couple years. I know several ex-sprint subscribers that had to switch to AT&T and are not impressed with their serivice.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    You have to hand it to AT&T for gambling on the exclusivity with the iphone. I'm sure the iphone was the major reason for AT&T's healthy subscriber base the past couple years. I know several ex-sprint subscribers that had to switch to AT&T and are not impressed with their serivice.
    i actually started out with BellSouth/Cingular/AT&T and switched TO Sprint cause of their poor cellular service.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Sprint is only going to get better. I think they are making the right moves
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I've always felt that Sprint's network has been much better then tmobile/at&t..

But.. AT&T has a bigger marketting department to tell you otherwise.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I've got a co-worker that can never be outdone but is slightly behind on the "tech bubble." (and to be honest, so was I on cell phones until the Pre) I bought mine on the 6th and I walked into work on Monday with it. He walked out to lunch Monday (or Tues, I can't remember when the announcement was made) and bought the new $99 iPhone.

I asked him later why he needed it. He had his lone company phone which had worked just fine for him for the last 9 years and he was like, "It was cheap."

"Do you text?"

"No."

"Do you use the internet often?"

"No."

"So why did you get an iPhone?"

"I told you, because it was cheap."

Yeah, the phone + plan is "cheap." He can be super annoying.
    This thread is moved to Cross-Platform Chat because it is about:
    Treo vs. iPhone. Windows Mobile vs. BlackBerry. This is the place for "What should I get" and "My smartphone can beat up your smartphone." Formerly the Smartphone Round Robin Forum.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I've always felt that Sprint's network has been much better then tmobile/at&t..

But.. AT&T has a bigger marketting department to tell you otherwise.
    -mark
    If they are not longer exclusive with the iPhone I bet that department is the first to receive lay offs.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Half of this whole site is filled with iphone stories, goddamn.
    I find Sprint to be more reliable, but I have more coverage in GA with AT&T. I've not droped a single call since switching to the Pre.
    Can I ask a question here? I'm on the fence about the Pre right now for a different reason... I'm with AT&T now and the major factor keeping me with them is the ability to move my SIM card to another (cheaper) phone if I'm going out boating/hiking/etc... I love that I can swap phones out this way and keep my 'nicer' phone safe. This along with the lack of expandable memory keeps me from grabbing a Pre. Anyone else who's come from AT&T ever missed these items?

I want the Pre, but if the GSM version comes out would it add a memory card slot, or would the wait be worth it?

Let the flaming begin... but this is a serious question from someone on the fence...
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Can I ask a question here? I'm on the fence about the Pre right now for a different reason... I'm with AT&T now and the major factor keeping me with them is the ability to move my SIM card to another (cheaper) phone if I'm going out boating/hiking/etc... I love that I can swap phones out this way and keep my 'nicer' phone safe. This along with the lack of expandable memory keeps me from grabbing a Pre. Anyone else who's come from AT&T ever missed these items?

I want the Pre, but if the GSM version comes out would it add a memory card slot, or would the wait be worth it?

Let the flaming begin... but this is a serious question from someone on the fence...
    Wait for the all the hardware problems with the pre to get worked out before making a real consideration. The software is awesome, the hardware is horrible and make the phone's user experience much lower than it should be. Hell, wait for Pre two if there is one.
    i wouldnt wait for the Pre 2 (if there is one). This baby is hot right now (the Pre).

I think its an awesome phone, i LOVE the WebOS and how you can access root..the phone is then a pocket-sized computer!

i have dropped my Pre 2 times from 3 feet up to a tiled floor, and didnt even get a scratch..so mine has been perfect. No oreo effect or anything, or f-ups on the device itself (ie. random shutdowns). Most people ive seen that have had the hardware problems had the first line of production Pre's..the second line of production seems a little more stable.

I switched from AT&T to Sprint because of this phone, and i LOVE the Evdo service here in Virginia (or anywhere i go), it seems so much faster than AT&T's 3g service!

All in all, i would jump on the Pre right now..such a great device!
    Thanks Guys.... does Sprint offer a way (such as on-line) to change phone ISDN(sp?) numbers on your account to let you switch phones you are using - like you can with GSM phones when you move your SIM card to another unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks Guys.... does Sprint offer a way (such as on-line) to change phone ISDN(sp?) numbers on your account to let you switch phones you are using - like you can with GSM phones when you move your SIM card to another unit?
    Yes you can change the phone online, or over the phone, or in the store for free. I'm not certain if there is a maximum number that you can do this however.

In regards to the Pre's hardware, it's NOT actually problematic. It's only 3-4% failure rate, and that's all of us super OCD tech nerds. Such as one dead pixel on the edge of the screen, or a scratch.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.