But honestly, Blackberry's not being impacted that much by Pre anyways. BB still has all the business users, and despite all the bells and whistles, the few of us at my company that got the Pre have returned due to unfortunately decreased batter life vs bb, and security issues that our IT staff (Fortune 100 co) has with us using it as a business device. Plus, the keyboard definitely has its faults if you're coming from the business standard bb curve.

We have BB's thru Sprint and I love the service. Hoping to see an awesome Pre 2 in the next year or so!
    The tour looks nice. I wish the pre had a better keyboard. I like the one on the bb, 755p, and 800w
    I think the BB Server nonsense will put RIM out of business faster than anything else, all other platforms sync directly to exchange and don't need the added hassle and expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I think the BB Server nonsense will put RIM out of business faster than anything else, all other platforms sync directly to exchange and don't need the added hassle and expense.
    While it is expensive, I cant agree that the BES model will put them out of business. You get a rock solid server that's not only compatible with Exchange but also Domino and Groupwise (so essentially its messaging platform independent), you get remote application installation, remote device upgrades (OS upgrades and patches) and the control interface is light years ahead of what Exchange offers (note I haven't seen 2007s device management but 2003 was terrible - but I haven't seen MS mention any improvements). Another advantage that Blackberry offers is lower network overhead - something carriers enjoy as well as heavy messaging addicts (you get your messages and attachments faster).