Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    If your life is all but email and typing on BB keyboard then get Tour.

BB are good phones to make calls and text and email . They are horrible for browsing internet.

The are inferior to WinMo for editing office documents and such.

Their interface is clumsy with no touch option (except STORM).

IMHO , they don't deserve to be in the smart phone category ( iPhone, Pre, WinMo or Android).

But if you can't live without the keyboard and battery life return Pre get the Tour.

I can tell you one thing , you sure are going to miss the Browsing and multi tasking CARDS experience.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    I posted this in the troubleshooting forum, but once again my Gmail and Google Calendar have stopped pushing. To get it to work again, i must manually hit sync in both. This will then get it working for another day or so.

What can i do to correct this? It's a dealbreaker for me and I really want to keep the Pre.
    Check your preferences / settings.

If everything is fine, remove the account.

Reboot Pre

Add back again.
    I really don't think you will get impartial arguements for or against either device going to any site on the internet. Any comparisions seem to always be skewed by the bias the article writer.

If there is a site, CNET comes to mind, that gives an impartial review of the pro's and con's of a device and not comparing it to others, that would be your best option.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...?tag=mncol;lst Tour

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...?tag=mncol;lst Pre
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Check your preferences / settings.

If everything is fine, remove the account.

Reboot Pre

Add back again.
    I've removed the account before and put it back on.

I just now tried a soft reset removing the battery, so hopefully this will correct it.

And in reference to a couple of posts ago... there definitely is a reason they call it the Crackberry, i really might just end up getting the Tour.
    If email is important to you, then Tour is the way to go.

When my job made me carry a Blackberry instead of my Treo I went down kicking and screaming. But I soon learned to love it. No crashing,push email that works and using BB short cuts.
    I'm assuming the answer to my question below is yes but I thought I'd ask it anyway because I don't know anyone who does this:

Will the Tour be able to sync to a laptop using BT?

I want to sync to Outlook but it has to be using BT.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I'm assuming the answer to my question below is yes but I thought I'd ask it anyway because I don't know anyone who does this:

Will the Tour be able to sync to a laptop using BT?

I want to sync to Outlook but it has to be using BT.

TIA
    Anyone?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Anyone?
    Might be better to ask on Crackberry.com. Pre fanatics not too up on the Tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    The BlackBerry Tour: Same pig, different lipstick. Really.

If the battery life on the Pre is that big of an issue, I'd suggest the

EDIT: Deleted link as I'm not allowed to post links and I guess that applies to other's quote too.

I haven't had any of the Gmail issues you're reporting.

The Keyboard is personal preference, so I can't really argue with you there.
    I liked that pun the first 10 times I read it, but now, not so much.

To the OP....

The Tour I'm am hearing has serious battery issues also, most smart phones have battery issues especially touch phones like the Pre, Iphone and Storm. The Curve was an anomaly.
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Or maybe you'll catch a CB mod hanging out here. Feel free to email me at pkcable[at]crackberry.com
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!
    I was in the same boat as the OP (used BB 8330, got addicted to it, then went for the Pre instead of the Tour), and found the same pros and cons for both devices. I decided to stick with the Pre for several reasons:

1. webOS is built for the consumer. BB OS is built for the corporate user, with certain features (media player, camera, etc.) tacked on to appeal to the consumer.
    2. RIM's first priority is to its corporate clientele. Palm's first priority is to its consumers.
    3. Applications for the BB platform are terrible; almost all of the 30 or so applications available for webOS are better than the ones on the BB OS, not to mention easier to find and easier to download.
    4. I accept the software bugs, knowing full well that Palm will continue issuing OTA updates in response to individual users' needs. RIM seems to make changes based on corporate security needs.
    5. After using the touchscreen on the Pre, I can't imagine going back to a non-touchscreen device.
    6. Quite frankly, webOS is the future. BB OS is stuck in the past, and they're not updating their OS anytime soon.

And most important to me is that I think Palm is innovating, I think they're doing what's in the best interest of the consumer, and I want to reward them for that, regardless of any minor conveniences. Theirs is a boat I want to be on and a part of. (Also, I think if you look at your own pros and cons list, you'll see that the Pre beats out the Tour.)

Btw, the feature I actually miss the most about the BB platform is the profile and LED system. I love the fact that I can just look at the LED to see if I have a message waiting. I love the fact that I can just pop it halfway out of its case to see if I've missed anything, and it'll open the message automatically. It's annoying to have to unlock the Pre just to see if I have something or not. I also really miss BBM.

At the very least, I think any decision you make will be a good one. I'm glad we have so many awesome phone options now. You really can't go wrong.
    Also, don't you find it immensely satisfying to open and close the slider? And to close apps by flicking them off the screen?

Also, the fact that battery life is such an issue is partly an indicator of how much you use the phone! I get down to almost zero some days, whereas I never got below 50% on my Curve. I think I'm getting more value and usage out of my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Maybe you're right pogeypetey.

TreoCentral sure has lots and lots of Pre post.
    But I thought I could find an BB user in this "cross - platform" forum that could answer my question.

Anyway, Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    The Tour I'm am hearing has serious battery issues ...
    Here did you read ("hear") this? Discussion over at HoFo in this thread indicate excellent battery life.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12