1.    #1  
    The new iPhone commercial touts Apple's new feature: Copy and Paste!

If you had an old Palm Treo, you might have thought...
    Apple, Welcome to 2003. You have almost finished copying the Palm Treo 600.

In fairness, the Pre can Copy and Paste but just not static text such as in a browser, text message, PDF, Doc file, etc. See the Typing section of the Tips and Tricks.

As Scuba_Steve has proven, ...the Pre *does* support copying static text...(but) doesn't support *highlighting* text in those apps.

The Pre has so many great features. It sounds like there is hope for Copy and Paste. Maybe Undo too?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/08/2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Every time I see an apple commercial touting these new features that are not new to the cell phone world, it makes me laugh. They do, however, implement them in very sweet ways... just late to the game. Their copy and paste also goes slightly beyond by allowing you to copy and paste images as well. I don't think I was able to do this on my BB either. Pretty nifty and very useful.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Those are some pretty slick ads, I have to say... looking forward to seeing apps like those hit the Pre! (In fact, for any developers out there, I'd say its not a bad idea to check out the top iphone apps and start making "derivatives".
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Apple's method of hightlighting for functions like copy and paste would work very well integrated with Synergy.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    Every time I see an apple commercial touting these new features that are not new to the cell phone world, it makes me laugh. They do, however, implement them in very sweet ways... just late to the game. Their copy and paste also goes slightly beyond by allowing you to copy and paste images as well. I don't think I was able to do this on my BB either. Pretty nifty and very useful.
    Apple's ad does make it seem like they invented Copy and Paste.

As Scuba Steve points out we do Copy and Paste as well, we just don't let you highlight *static* text. Could this be a simple fix? Just allow highlighting of static text?

- Craig
    I would love to see some sort of iPhone style copy & paste on the Pre. iPhone users might have waited awhile...an eternity actually, for copy and paste, but now I think iPhone copy and paste is easily the best implemented. Now I want to see what the wizards and Palm come up with!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    I would love to see some sort of iPhone style copy & paste on the Pre. iPhone users might have waited awhile...an eternity actually, for copy and paste, but now I think iPhone copy and paste is easily the best implemented. Now I want to see what the wizards and Palm come up with!
    is it just me or is the "hilighting" process on the pre just a little annoying. i love the iPhone copy and paste process.
    I can't wait til copy and paste comes to computers!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffrydasean View Post
    I can't wait til copy and paste comes to computers!
    Maybe today is the day!

Dare we dream it, today might be the day that computers can undo...

- Craig