Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    having had the pre for about 15 days, i'm going to return it for the following reasons:

****ty battery life due to constant random service bars at place of residence and switches between roam and ev at work (sprint kinda sucks).
    lags. nothing is completely smooth. especially with the browser.
    no voice control.
    no good games.
    i've seen nothing impressive regarding 3D rendering.
    annoying 'hacks' that shouldve been implemented in the first place.
    i have to baby this damned thing to make sure that the cheap hardware doesn't get tweaked.

yes, i know it hasn't even been long enough for the phone to have/improve on many of these features. but i just can't wait for the pre to get iphone-good and i've realized that current pre owners are just, well, beta testers. so yes, i'm going to go to the iphone. with everything that the iphone has, the pres multitasking and apps running in the background has nothing on the iphone. it'll take several months before the pre can even get close to the iphone.
    In a lot of ways the GS is better especially in speed / rendering / apps / scrolling / calendar / music player / checker boarding etc... and now that the browser remains open all of the core apps multi task. The Pre has a long way to go in order to catch Apple but I'm going to stick it out until the HTC Hero. If Palm doesn't get most of this fixed by then I will jump ship.
    Enjoy getting *** Raped by AT&T. I too like the iPhone, but their signal is less than spectacular and their plans are WAY overpriced.

Also, just to point out a few issue my brother is having with his 3GS..

Poor battery life compared to the 3G and overheating.

Quote Originally Posted by excpre View Post
    having had the pre for about 15 days, i'm going to return it for the following reasons:

****ty battery life due to constant random service bars at place of residence and switches between roam and ev at work (sprint kinda sucks).
    no voice control.
    no good games.
    i have to baby this damned thing to make sure that the cheap hardware doesn't get tweaked.

yes, i know it hasn't even been long enough for the phone to have/improve on many of these features. but i just can't wait for the pre to get iphone-good and i've realized that current pre owners are just, well, beta testers. so yes, i'm going to go to the iphone. with everything that the iphone has, the pres multitasking and apps running in the background has nothing on the iphone. it'll take several months before the pre can even get close to the iphone.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    This is gonna be good..

unless you post a picutre of your pre with this thread in the backgroud...i say u sir are full of it...
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

no voice control.
    no good games.

The iPhone has the same battery life but you can't switch the battery :P
    the rest you name was known months before the pre came out :P

overall I conclude you're not a rational person :P
    And I'm not saying that because I'm a Pre fanboy because I'm still deciding between a Pre and an iPhone myself :P
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    The iPhone has the same battery life but you can't switch the battery :P
    No it doesn't. My brother's 3GS gets literally twice the battery life than my Pre. I am on my third Pre. Love it, but the battery life is atrocious. I'm not sure if that's a good tradeoff for a cheaper plan, but i've got to decide soon.
    Fare thee well I say. Don't let the slider slap thee in the arse on thy way out.
    i know that forum posting can fill a desire for internet self importance, especially by starting your own thread, but you've already posted in the official I'm returning my pre because thread, was this necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    i know that forum posting can fill a desire for internet self importance, especially by starting your own thread, but you've already posted in the official I'm returning my pre because thread, was this necessary?
    Agreed! Enough with the whinning and just return the damn thing. No more of these threads please...
    Good luck with that new 3G S screen too:
    Quote Originally Posted by mbizzle View Post
    No it doesn't. My brother's 3GS gets literally twice the battery life than my Pre. I am on my third Pre. Love it, but the battery life is atrocious. I'm not sure if that's a good tradeoff for a cheaper plan, but i've got to decide soon.
    yawn... another post about another person switching to X phone. Why even post these messages? Get rid of the phone and call it a day. I think the apple guys have nothing better to do.

I have great battery life. I can go for 1 to 1/2 days depending on my usage. Did you even try to tweak your settings?

no voice control.
    no good games.

Don't be an early adopter if you don't like things like this. The Pre has the same kind of chip in it as the iPhone 3Gs, so its every bit as capable in the 3d arena. You knew what you were getting into when you bought a 1.0 phone, you'd be making the same post if you had bought the original iPhone, or hell even the 3g. You're also going to kick yourself when you realize going to AT&T is much more expensive for the same features you get standard with Sprint. Bye!
    Do you seriously think anyone would be interested in you returning your phone or the reasons to do it?

Please (everyone) stops creating thus stupid posts. if you want to do ads about your future ****ing "amazing iPhone no one can compare to" create a marketing company and offer your services to Apple.
    1...yeah the thread sucks!
    2...u need to compare apples 2 apples (pre vs. 1gen iphone) clearly none!
    3...NETWORK...ATT IS GONNA KILL U ON COST.
    4...SIZE...i like the compact size of the pre...i dont need that much
    iphone!
    5...whats ur need in a phone? dont be a "phone *****" determine YOUR
    need then buy!
    6...like "Elysian893" said, dont be an early adopter if u dont have the
    stones for it!

that goes for everybody thats jumping...jump quietly! we know the reasons already.

have a nice day!
    Last edited by MiWolverine96; 07/05/2009 at 08:12 AM.
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I would check if AT&T gets good service where you work. Last thing you want to find out is you don't get service where you work on your new plan.

Another thing, I would suggest waiting it out until your 30 days are almost over. You might see more apps that you like and more things planned in the future for the Pre.

Also, count how many times you flick the screen or do the back gestures with the IPhone. Seems funny.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Bye.
    You do realize that it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop these posts right? Resistance is futile.

I have noticed that most of the hardcore pre fanboys have started NOT posting on these threads anymore or as much (or maybe it's the holidays and not online ) which is the correct thing to do...

People will post their views on the phone and who ever wants to post in kind will and it will either die and fade away in further pages or the moderators will merge them or lock them or whatever. I think the moderators have been doing a great job with moderating and take care of these threads in quick time.

You posting as such does NOTHING but cause these threads to stay at the top. You are helping the OP in keeping these posts going and creating more attention to the issues.

If you feel that all the complaints are just being overblown... then quit blowing these posts up. If you wanna do something... then press the button to report the thread and flood the moderators and maybe they will jump quicker for you. Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Do you seriously think anyone would be interested in you returning your phone or the reasons to do it?

Please (everyone) stops creating thus stupid posts. if you want to do ads about your future ****ing "amazing iPhone no one can compare to" create a marketing company and offer your services to Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    You do realize that it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop these posts right? Resistance is futile.

Palm can stop these posts by putting out a better product. When I say better product I mean the Pre not WebOS. I like the OS a lot, but the Pre is beta hardware at best.
    This thread is going no where - Closed
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's