Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ---------------------------------
    Greg XXX wrote:
    > So, can you VPN into your Corp network and restart your unix servers
    > with your pre? I just did from Las Vegas.

Not yet, but then you couldn't either until over a year after the iPhone was originally released.

Can you run Pandora, Voice GPS navigation, be logged in to AIM and make a call all at the same time on the iPhone?
    I did yesterday.
    ------------------------------------

Still waiting for a response.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    lol
    Haha take that iphoney
    Pre - 1
    iPhone - 0
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Greg XXX wrote:
    > So, can you VPN into your Corp network and restart your unix servers
    > with your pre? I just did from Las Vegas.

Not yet, but then you couldn't either until over a year after the iPhone was originally released.

Can you run Pandora, Voice GPS navigation, be logged in to AIM and make a call all at the same time on the iPhone?
    I did yesterday.
    ------------------------------------

Still waiting for a response.
    with a rooted pre and webshell you could reboot the unix servers...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    with a rooted pre and webshell you could reboot the unix servers...
    True, but I didn't want to go there.
    Apple - They've got an App for that.

Palm - They've got root for that.
    "I don’t care what the newspapers say about me, just spell my name right”. P.T. Barnum

The fact that threads keep coming up about Apple and the iPhone in this forum proves Barnum was right.... and validates the fact that the iPhone is THE smartphone which all others are judged.

I have the Pre.... but the buzz the iPhone gets whether its good or bad is still BUZZ... my hats off to Apple.
  9.    #9  
    Agreed kilofoxtrot.

My son and I were at Best Buy yesterday (he's 3 1/2).
    We walked by a sign that was just the big grey Apple logo and he said "What's that daddy?".

I said "That's a sign for a company called Apple that makes computers and music players, don't look at it too long or you will get brainwashed."

Of course I had to spend the next 15 minutes explaining what brainwashing was and that they're not going to "take my brain out and put it in the tub".

Oh.. I also told him I was just kidding after he got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Apple - They've got an App for that.

Palm - They've got root for that.
    +1 hahaha

That was some serious pwnage there, good work OP!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Greg XXX wrote:
    Technically you can't on the Pre either. Pandora will of course silence, and your data connection will die once you make a voice call over Sprint's network (your IM's will go offline, and GPS navigation will lose its ability to refresh maps).

That being said, I still like my Pre more than I liked my iPhone
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cookedart View Post
    Technically you can't on the Pre either. Pandora will of course silence, and your data connection will die once you make a voice call over Sprint's network (your IM's will go offline, and GPS navigation will lose its ability to refresh maps).

That being said, I still like my Pre more than I liked my iPhone
    Yes, Pandora will silence but keep running, GPS will silence but keep running and AIM will go offline but keep running.
    Then when the call is done you're back to where you were when you started.

Since I stated you can run all that stuff at the same time on the Pre, you most definitely can.
    I was at home the other day and was streaming Pandora and looking at the Today Show application when... a phone call came in and I took it. During the call, I brought up Fandango to look up movie times and had no issues (on wifi) and then added the movie to my calendar, finished the call and hung up. Pandora started streaming where it left off and I decided to close the Today Show app. I call that pretty good multitasking! Woo hoo!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    True, you can run all this stuff at the same time, but some of its utility is questionable, especially in the case of the IM client. An iPhone user would tease that they can still get push notifications while taking calls. (calls seems to be one of the few things you can quit out of and still open up other apps - safari, notes, etc).

That being said I like the pre's multitasking as much the next guy. Like you I switched from the iPhone to the Pre, and am preferring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    I was at home the other day and was streaming Pandora and looking at the Today Show application when... a phone call came in and I took it. During the call, I brought up Fandango to look up movie times and had no issues (on wifi) and then added the movie to my calendar, finished the call and hung up. Pandora started streaming where it left off and I decided to close the Today Show app. I call that pretty good multitasking! Woo hoo!
    Excellent story. Card view is a truly amazing invention. Though I just wanted to point out iPhones can use 3g data and voice at the same time, without needing wifi. The Pre probably will be able to do this too once (if) it comes to AT&T.

Just a friendly reminder while you can root Pres remember we can jailbreak iPhones and listen to Pandora in the background too. You guys get to do it in a MUCH nicer way though. Haha.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynd View Post
    Just a friendly reminder while you can root Pres remember we can jailbreak iPhones and listen to Pandora in the background too.
    Have they updated backgrounder (or some other app) to run more than one app in the background, or is it still limited?
    Just curious?
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    "I don’t care what the newspapers say about me, just spell my name right”. P.T. Barnum

The fact that threads keep coming up about Apple and the iPhone in this forum proves Barnum was right.... and validates the fact that the iPhone is THE smartphone which all others are judged.

I have the Pre.... but the buzz the iPhone gets whether its good or bad is still BUZZ... my hats off to Apple.
    Well, I'd say the fact that there are a number of Fanboys that regularly come out of the bushes to defend The Collective says something as well. Not to mention that the Mac forums are posting links from threads here...
    Apple takes advantage of the weak minded and those that have a need "to belong".
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post

Exactly. Keep posting these useless threads guys. You're only acknowledging that the iPhone has you scared & that you need these little reassurances that the Pre is all that. Its an old trick. Its the same reason as to why people who have secret homosexual tendencies bash gay people & are sudo macho. Because they're not comfortable with themselves.

Just like what you like & stop these retarded threads.
    You act like were in a war against Iphone owners.

The pre rocks, and the iphones also a badass phone. There are differences and similarities that make each better to other people.

If it wasn't for the Iphone the pre wouldn't exist. If it wasn't for Palm the iphone wouldn't exist. Just realize that this competition will only make things get better and Palm and Apple will continue to try and One up eachother for years.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast