Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by brayden2544 View Post
    ...snip...

If it wasn't for the Iphone the pre wouldn't exist. If it wasn't for Palm the iphone wouldn't exist. Just realize that this competition will only make things get better and Palm and Apple will continue to try and One up eachother for years.
    x2. All smartphones have influenced the market in some way shape or form. All PDA's, MP3 players, home PCs etc. have all influenced the market one way or the other. While it *REALLY* grinds my teeth when someone calls the Iphone a smartphone, and not a multimedia phone or something, the Iphone has influenced Palm in a big way, just like Palm influenced Apple in a big way.

If you have a Pre, just forget about the iPhone... All this iPhone talk isn't helping anybody..
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I have an iphone deativated it and got a pre. I find both to be amazing phones but its odd that apple fanboys seem to think that the only way to justify their purchase is to bash all other smartphones.
    Technically I CAN'T run voice gps and make a call at the same time. My GPS Nav always freezes while on a call, and my EvDO icon disappears.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Have they updated backgrounder (or some other app) to run more than one app in the background, or is it still limited?
    Just curious?
    I wish I could give you an answer for this but the Dev Team is waiting for Apple to release their first update to release their jailbreak solution so Apple can't immediately patch the loophole they found. Oh Apple and your iron fist. It upsets me. I wish Apple would take Palms stance on home brew.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    My friend just asked me if I could surf the web or receive email on a call -- had to tell him the Pre can't. He said he thought it could multitask :\

Come on, Palm!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbizzle View Post
    My friend just asked me if I could surf the web or receive email on a call -- had to tell him the Pre can't. He said he thought it could multitask :\

Come on, Palm!!
    I believe this is not a phone limitation but a network limitation (EVDO).
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    x2. All smartphones have influenced the market in some way shape or form. All PDA's, MP3 players, home PCs etc. have all influenced the market one way or the other. While it *REALLY* grinds my teeth when someone calls the Iphone a smartphone, and not a multimedia phone or something, the Iphone has influenced Palm in a big way, just like Palm influenced Apple in a big way.

If you have a Pre, just forget about the iPhone... All this iPhone talk isn't helping anybody..

yeah just wanted to add i switched from my i880 (i've had for nearly 3 years)
    and it was an actual smartphone haha, well maybe at the time when i first bought it
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    i need to exchange mine ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by mbizzle View Post

Come on, Palm!!
    This is a limitation of CDMA and not of the Pre. ANY phone on Sprint's CDMA network behaves this way.

If you are on wifi however you can do both voice and data.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Apple takes advantage of the weak minded and those that have a need "to belong".
    Apple's successful approach to everything is to make the product dumbed down for the masses. Once the dumb-masses are hooked, you can introduce them, slowly, to smarter features over time in newer product releases and this in turn starts bringing in smarter users over to the product as well.

When the first iPod came out, it was a piece of crap. Every MP3 player in the world was better than the iPod. But the iPod was different in that it was dumb and simple. It would take 5 generations of this product before you got gapless playback.

When the first iPhone came out, it was a piece of crap. HSDPA had already been out but it used EDGE. Picture messaging? Nope. GPS? Forget about it. It was essentially a $500 touchscreen iPod that made phone calls. But all the hooked iPod users wanted one. Cah ching $$$$.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12