Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    with my 30 days comming up im debating what to do seeing as sprint just announced its release is just over a week away
    i LOVE my pre but with all the build issues im just not sure
    my replacement pre didnt even turn on.

anyone else having similar thoughts?
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Anyone heard of the cross-platform forum?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    yah, doesn't the bb tour come out on the 12th? my 30 days is the 13th... yes, i am considering it... the pre is just so badass tho...
    Nope, not a chance.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    No. I've never really considered blackberry a contender in the smartphone space. Great for email and stuff, though.
    highly considering it. Im on my 4th Pre and i am still not happy with the build quality on this one
    May as well go back to a Centro then
    Nope. I have friends, and a son, with BBs. You'll miss true multi-task and especially the open alerts. Knowing how many messages or e-mails you have and who they're from w/o leaving your current app, is addictive. I had my Treo and didn't think that I had a need for multi-task when I heard about it for Pocket PCs, now that I have the Pre's version of multi-task. It would be a giant step back to live w/o it.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Has anyone ever used the Tour, written a review of it, or know the hard features on it? If not, then why do you think it will be any better than the Pre?
    Why why why why why why..... Why this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Has anyone ever used the Tour, written a review of it, or know the hard features on it? If not, then why do you think it will be any better than the Pre?
    Previous experience with similar phones (the Bold or the Curve 8900)?

I'm considering it. The oreo wobbling is starting to be too much. The wavering signal strength (my phone just had five bars of strength in my house, then went back to its normal of 2. What the ****?) is annoying. The lack of apps is annoying. WebOS is awesome, but the third party stuff and the hardware need to catch up.
    Why would anybody like the tour, its just another POS BB. I dont see anything interesting about it.
    Hell no, I'll never go back to Blackberry after getting this Pre. Its touch screen or nothing, the blackberry trackball SUCKS!
    I agree. BB sucks ballz. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    I agree. BB sucks ballz. lol.
    Nevermind the availability of apps, the ability to read PDFs from a website and the rock-solid stability of the phones...
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Nope, because once I got the Pre, it revoluntionized the way I use my phone. Reminds me of the Matrix when Morpheus says "Free your Mind"...well I did and now there is no going back to my old Treo 755.
    I'm not going to bash RIM, they make a great phone, but like others have said the Tour is not even in the same league as the Pre.

Like cardfan posted if I was going in that direction I would just go back to my Centro. At least it has a touch screen.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I've been testing the Tour at work here for the past two months. This one is actually a Telus branded 9630 that we got from RIM for evaluation. It's okay...kind of like a small Bold, which is a good thing. Overal build quality isn't too bad, but if you think the battery cover on the Pre is bad, the cover on this thing is just plain flimsy. I am also having problems keeping it charged with the stock power adapter. The footprint is larger than the Pre's and it's not that much thinner either.

Let me know if you have any questions about it. I test out so many phones and the Pre is like a breath of fresh air to me. I couldn't imagine dropping it for the Tour, unless all I did was type out emails.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  19. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I've been testing the Tour at work here for the past two months. This one is actually a Telus branded 9630 that we got from RIM for evaluation. It's okay...kind of like a small Bold, which is a good thing. Overal build quality isn't too bad, but if you think the battery cover on the Pre is bad, the cover on this thing is just plain flimsy. I am also having problems keeping it charged with the stock power adapter. The footprint is larger than the Pre's and it's not that much thinner either.

Let me know if you have any questions about it. I test out so many phones and the Pre is like a breath of fresh air to me. I couldn't imagine dropping it for the Tour, unless all I did was type out emails.
    thanks for the feedback!
    i mite just keep exchanging my pre (aka ordering myself one daily via my service center) till i get a perfect one. even with crap battery life i love this phone. my colleagues will be getting the tour, guess ill just wait to see how much they like theirs and ya..im not crazy about giving up my cards!
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I was thinking about it...but i have a perfect pre...I just miss alot of things that my curve had...custom ringers for:emails,sms,mms....the great keyboard. easy copy and paste...so this "tour" was sounding tempting.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast