Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    I'm thinking about it simply because I need a phone that is reliable FIRST, cool SECOND. My old Curve never failed me. The alarm clock even turns the phone on if it's off. It's cheap plastic but solid cheap plastic. Etc., etc. Oh, and I'm about to exchange my third Pre for my fourth.
  2. #22  
    Im on my 4th now and it sucks!! im getting kinda tired of this!
  3. wormdood's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #23  
    The Tour does not have wifi....automatic NO.
  4. #24  
    I'd go back to my Centro before going to a BB. I have a 8350i for work but I'd hate it as my only phone. It is a sturdy device though - so it has that over the Pre.
  5. #25  
    Isn't the Tour missing WIFI? If that is the case then I wouldnt consider it... Complete dealbreaker. I do not know why BB comes out with interesting phones and no WIFI.
  6. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #26  
    How do people reconcile owning a Pre and considering a BB Tour?!?

    The two devices have nothing in common and are so different there are little if any points of convergence. Now if you had said Iphone, Blackberry Storm, G1 etc. that would make more sense...

    and there is a forum for this, why cant people post in the appropriate forums!?!?!?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    How do people reconcile owning a Pre and considering a BB Tour?!?

    The two devices have nothing in common and are so different there are little if any points of convergence. Now if you had said Iphone, Blackberry Storm, G1 etc. that would make more sense...

    and there is a forum for this, why cant people post in the appropriate forums!?!?!?
    Reliable PHONE. That's it. IF I do end up switching back to BB, it will most definitely be a compromise, as I love the Pre when it works. But I'm on my fourth and can't get wi-fi to work. There's a point when the hassle simply isn't worth it.
  8. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #28  
    It doesn't have wi-fi does it?

    Cheers
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by djshack View Post
    Reliable PHONE. That's it. IF I do end up switching back to BB, it will most definitely be a compromise, as I love the Pre when it works. But I'm on my fourth and can't get wi-fi to work. There's a point when the hassle simply isn't worth it.
    4th phone and you can't get wifi to work?

    I haven't had a single problem connecting to wifi. I have probably connected to 20-30 hotspots since I got the phone.

    Sounds like user error to me.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    4th phone and you can't get wifi to work?

    I haven't had a single problem connecting to wifi. I have probably connected to 20-30 hotspots since I got the phone.

    Sounds like user error to me.
    User error, huh? My second and third had perfect wi-fi. Definitely NOT user error (I'm quite computer and phone literate).
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by djshack View Post
    User error, huh? My second and third had perfect wi-fi. Definitely NOT user error (I'm quite computer and phone literate).
    You made it sound like wifi didn't work on all the phones. Other problems I guess?

    (I'm an IT Systems Engineer so sorry about the user error comment, just habbit )
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    You made it sound like wifi didn't work on all the phones. Other problems I guess?

    (I'm an IT Systems Engineer so sorry about the user error comment, just habbit )
    Yeah... First one wi-fi sorta worked, but had weak reception. Second one had horrible wobble, dead pixels, and bad keyboard lighting. Third one repeatedly thought there were headphones in it and had major (worse than others) reception issues. Now this one (number four) seems to have some problem bigger than the wi-fi. Wi-fi won't work, it won't reset through the Device Options app (just freezes there), turning it off shows the Palm logo indefinitely, and others.
  13. geodim's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by djshack View Post
    I'm thinking about it simply because I need a phone that is reliable FIRST, cool SECOND. My old Curve never failed me. The alarm clock even turns the phone on if it's off. It's cheap plastic but solid cheap plastic. Etc., etc. Oh, and I'm about to exchange my third Pre for my fourth.
    On the tour, everything but the battery cover feels solid. It's made out of the thinnest and chespest plastic ever...defenitely brings down the feeling of the entire device. That being said, there aren't nearly as many inconsistencies between blackberrys as there is between Pres. Like I said earlier, I get to play wiith and take home a lot of devices and I'm still more than happy with my Pre.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

    iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by imethos View Post
    how do people reconcile owning a pre and considering a bb tour?!?

    The two devices have nothing in common and are so different there are little if any points of convergence. Now if you had said iphone, blackberry storm, g1 etc. That would make more sense...

    And there is a forum for this, why cant people post in the appropriate forums!?!?!?
    +1,000,000
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by djshack View Post
    Reliable PHONE. That's it. IF I do end up switching back to BB, it will most definitely be a compromise, as I love the Pre when it works. But I'm on my fourth and can't get wi-fi to work. There's a point when the hassle simply isn't worth it.
    Don't give up
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    with my 30 days comming up im debating what to do seeing as sprint just announced its release is just over a week away
    i LOVE my pre but with all the build issues im just not sure
    my replacement pre didnt even turn on.

    anyone else having similar thoughts?
    I completely understand where you are coming from!! I feel the exact same way!! The Pre is an amazing device and WebOS has more potential than any other OS on the market right now. I decided to return my Pre and switched back to my Blackberry 8330. I have also been looking at the Tour and was planning on purchasing it. But after really thinking about it and reading some different articles about the Tour I have decided to hold off on getting the Tour. Honestly, the Tour is just a repackaged Curve with GSM bands. Blackberry constantly updates their hardware but their OS is in dire need of an upgrade to even remain relevant. While I like how intuitive Blackberries are, switching back from the Pre makes me really appreciate how good the user experience on a mobile device can be. Personally I would like to see the next iteration of the Pre because if Palm takes the criticisms of the Pre and uses them to improve the device, it will be the best device on the market.
  17. #37  
    The crappy screen on the BB alone would do it for me. I just used a Curve yesterday and I thought I need to get my prescription changed on my glasses (except I don't wear any!). The resolution and clarity on those things is terrible.
  18. #38  
    The Tour is 480x360, meaning a higher resolution than the Pre's 320x480..

    The Pre is an amazing phone with poor hardware, for this reason and the fact that I am a messaging user (SMS, MMS, Email, Twitter, BBM,) before I'm a web user I will be returning my Pre that I was number five in line for on launch day for the Tour.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopster21 View Post
    The crappy screen on the BB alone would do it for me. I just used a Curve yesterday and I thought I need to get my prescription changed on my glasses (except I don't wear any!). The resolution and clarity on those things is terrible.
    What with the tour having a higher resolution than the Pre, I guess we can only attribute your comments to fanboy blindness. That's priceless.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    What with the tour having a higher resolution than the Pre, I guess we can only attribute your comments to fanboy blindness. That's priceless.
    I believe I specifically mentioned the curve. The curve has a terrible screen.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions