Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbaugh View Post
    Guess what. I can do all that on an iphone. Bouncing back between webpages as they load is no problem. Gtalk is always on, no problem. Listening to music as I surf the web or answer email is no problem.

The whole multitasking thing is so overrated on the Pre. There are a few things that the Pre can multitask that the iphone cant but who cares, when 99% of the public don't care about running 10 apps at once. I will take the option of 50k Apps and recording video any day over multitasking and as of now the general public agrees with it.

Pre owners need to stop the comparisons because as of right now the iphone kicks the Pres arse in every way.
    Then why are you here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    I don't see your point. The Pre handles multiple programs and notifications far better. The actual act of switching between programs is not as big of an issue as it used to be because of the speed of the 3GS. The other advantages remain.
    You'd see my point if it had fruit on it.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Pre owners need to stop the comparisons because as of right now the iphone kicks the Pres arse in every way.
    You realize this makes your comments and opinions as big of a joke as the die hard pre fan bois right? "Kicks the Pres arse in every way"? Give me a break man. You're not insightful, you're not helpful, you're a fanboi, just like the biggest pre fanbois, whose opinions are worth less than a penny.

Really? Explain to me how the iPhone "kicks the Pre's arse" in the category of physical keyboards. Please, I'd love for you to explain that kick to me how the iPhone's physical keyboard is leagues better than the Pre's for those that prefer a physical keyboard.

Really? Explain to me how the iPhone "kicks the Pre's arse" in regards to being able to have extra battery's for long trips where you'll be unable to charge your phone. Come on, I'm DIEING to hear it.

Really? Explain to me how the iPhone "Kicks the Pre's arse" in regards to being amazingly small in height for fitting in your pocket. Is there a magic button that shrinks the iPhone that I'm unaware of?

How about how it "kicks the Pre's arse" in regards to notifications? I mean, I guess that's true if you like notifications that pop up in the middle of your screen and basically take over your phone, but if you don't I really really really would love to know how it "kicks the pre's arse". Please, enlighten us oh wise one.

Intigrated Messaging? What about Flash for the camera? Hell, what about upcoming Flash 10? Streaming Pandora during use. GPS included?

Sorry, your post is laughable, your opinion worthless, because you show yourself to be no where near objective with idiotic comments like the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    You'd see my point if it had fruit on it.
    No, I don't see your point with regards to the fact that you posted two of my quotes back to back, then posted a rolleyes emoticon when I didn't say anything contradictory.

BTW, way to turn the discourse in an immature direction. Who's the unreasonable one now just throwing baseless insults at the other...
    No, I don't see your point with regards to the fact that you posted two of my quotes back to back, then posted a rolleyes emoticon when I didn't say anything contradictory.

BTW, way to turn the discourse in an immature direction. Who's the unreasonable one now just throwing baseless insults at the other...
    Sorry, it's just that I finally realized who I was talking to. Should have caught it earlier. My bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Sorry, it's just that I finally realized who I was talking to. Should have caught it earlier. My bad.
    Oh, no problem. Feel free to throw all the insults you know at jsbaugh. He's the annoying one, I'm the reasonable one.
    After considering both Pre and 3GS carefully, I recently opted for 3GS primarily because I needed a GSM phone that would work internationally.

As a computer engineer used to WinMo multi-tasking on Blackjack, I was quite concerned about the limited multi-tasking capabilities on the iPhone.

However, after 10 days of use, I am totally impressed by how the iPhone switches between applications. Most of the things that matter (web browser, music player) do run and update in the background when you switch to another application. Most of the 'cant do that on an iPhone' use cases in previous posts are not accurate - perhaps posted without actually using the iPhone.

Combined with notifications (AIM on 3.0 rocks) and lightening fast application load times, multitasking is no longer an issue for me.

I am sure the Pre multi-tasking experience will appeal more to techies, but I doubt 99% of everyday users will even be able to tell the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You realize this makes your comments and opinions as big of a joke as the die hard pre fan bois right? "Kicks the Pres arse in every way"? Give me a break man. You're not insightful, you're not helpful, you're a fanboi, just like the biggest pre fanbois, whose opinions are worth less than a penny.

Really? Explain to me how the iPhone "kicks the Pre's arse" in the category of physical keyboards. Please, I'd love for you to explain that kick to me how the iPhone's physical keyboard is leagues better than the Pre's for those that prefer a physical keyboard.

Really? Explain to me how the iPhone "kicks the Pre's arse" in regards to being able to have extra battery's for long trips where you'll be unable to charge your phone. Come on, I'm DIEING to hear it.

Really? Explain to me how the iPhone "Kicks the Pre's arse" in regards to being amazingly small in height for fitting in your pocket. Is there a magic button that shrinks the iPhone that I'm unaware of?

How about how it "kicks the Pre's arse" in regards to notifications? I mean, I guess that's true if you like notifications that pop up in the middle of your screen and basically take over your phone, but if you don't I really really really would love to know how it "kicks the pre's arse". Please, enlighten us oh wise one.

Intigrated Messaging? What about Flash for the camera? Hell, what about upcoming Flash 10? Streaming Pandora during use. GPS included?

Sorry, your post is laughable, your opinion worthless, because you show yourself to be no where near objective with idiotic comments like the above.
    What are you talking about? Physical keyboard is a personal preference based on the user. I used one for years but have no problem using the iphones keyboard. Hows the predictive text working for ya?

Extra battery? For what? I have a charger for that. I guess if you are taking your Pre to the moon then you might have me beat.

I didnt realize the iphone was that big that it wont fit in my pocket. I guess if the iphone is longer, then the Pre is thicker which isnt exactly the best in a pocket. Hows your plastic screen holding up in your pocket?

Whats wrong with pop up notifications?

Im glad my phone doesnt have a flash on it considering its useless. If I need to take a pic in low light then it aint with a camera on a phone. I prefer autofocus over a flash any day.
    I wonder how many Pre Fanboys are over posting in the Apple forums? Ya just gotta wonder why...
    You're so brash with your opinions that I doubt anyone really listens. Posts like what you post are not the way to persuade people.

What are you talking about? Physical keyboard is a personal preference based on the user. I used one for years but have no problem using the iphones keyboard.
    I, personally, prefer the iPhone's virtual keyboard to physical keyboards. Why? I type 55 WPM on it accurately and it can be minimized to allow a large viewing area.

Extra battery? For what? I have a charger for that. I guess if you are taking your Pre to the moon then you might have me beat.
    You must be joking. You see no advantage in having a backup in case you run out on a flight, after a meeting, or are away from a socket? c'mon.

I didnt realize the iphone was that big that it wont fit in my pocket. I guess if the iphone is longer then the Pre is thicker which isnt exactly the best in a pocket. Hows your plastic screen holding up in your pocket?
    Agreed here. The iPhone fits beautifully in my pocket.

They're obtrusive. They stop what you're doing and you have to deal with them immediately. I know what you're thinking, "They're there to be dealt with immediately!!111", but I'd rather have them where I can see them, finish what I'm doing, and then attend to them. I can't do that on my iPhone.

I prefer autofocus over a flash any day.
    I agree.
    You must be joking. You see no advantage in having a backup in case you run out on a flight, after a meeting, or are away from a socket? c'mon.
    I fly a lot and all the flights have power under the seats. Although the only time I have had to use it is with my laptop. I see no advantage to being able to swap batteries. I bet 99% of the people on this forum don't own more than one.

They're obtrusive. They stop what you're doing and you have to deal with them immediately. I know what you're thinking, "They're there to be dealt with immediately!!111", but I'd rather have them where I can see them, finish what I'm doing, and then attend to them. I can't do that on my iPhone.
    Huh? Why do you have to deal with a pop-up notification immediately? You are free to ignore them or turn them off.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    What are you talking about? Physical keyboard is a personal preference based on the user. I used one for years but have no problem using the iphones keyboard. Hows the predictive text working for ya?
    So for those that prefer a physical keyboard, the iPhone doesn't "kick the Pre's arse"? But I thought it did it in every way?

So for those that prefer to have a backup battery, the iPhone doesn't "kick the pre's arse"? But I thought it did it in every way?

I didnt realize the iphone was that big that it wont fit in my pocket. I guess if the iphone is longer, then the Pre is thicker which isnt exactly the best in a pocket. Hows your plastic screen holding up in your pocket?
    So someone that prefers a smaller phone, the iphone doesn't "kick the pre'se ares"? But I thought it did it in every way?

They take over the screen and force you to deal with them at least in some way immedietely. I guess for those that prefer discreet pop up notifications the iphone doesnt' "kick the pre's arse"? But I thought it did it in every way?

Im glad my phone doesnt have a flash on it considering its useless. If I need to take a pic in low light then it aint with a camera on a phone. I prefer autofocus over a flash any day.
    So for those that would prefer to have a flash, I guess the iPhone doesn't "kick the pre's arse"? But I thought it did it in every way?

Do you not see how much of a pathetic joke your post was and your inability to even vaguely look at something even mildly objective is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So for those that prefer a physical keyboard, the iPhone doesn't "kick the Pre's arse"? But I thought it did it in every way?

So for those that prefer to have a backup battery, the iPhone doesn't "kick the pre's arse"? But I thought it did it in every way?

So someone that prefers a smaller phone, the iphone doesn't "kick the pre'se ares"? But I thought it did it in every way?

They take over the screen and force you to deal with them at least in some way immedietely. I guess for those that prefer discreet pop up notifications the iphone doesnt' "kick the pre's arse"? But I thought it did it in every way?

So for those that would prefer to have a flash, I guess the iPhone doesn't "kick the pre's arse"? But I thought it did it in every way?

Do you not see how much of a pathetic joke your post was and your inability to even vaguely look at something even mildly objective is?
    Everything you listed is a personal preference based on user. Not related to how well the phone preforms.

Last I checked you were taking your Pre back and headed to the Apple store. Change of heart?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Everything you listed is a personal preference based on user. Not related to how well the phone preforms.

Last I checked you were taking your Pre back and headed to the Apple store. Change of heart?
    Reading comprehension is not your friend.

See, I have this thing called being "intellectually honest" and not something called a "Fanboi" so I can actually look at phones and OS's and make informed logical decisions based off my needs instead of being a mindless zombie. I know its hard to fathom. There are some wonderful things about the Pre, and there are some bad things. There are some wonderful things about the iPhone, and some bad things. I'm debating on what I want to do, yes.

YOU however are the one that stated this:

Now, maybe I'm just CrAaAaAaAaAaAzY, but what instances of personal preferences are still "ways" in which one can "Compare" the pre to the iPhone...something you said people shouldn't do because, and I quote again:

"The iphone kicks the Pres arse in every way"

Don't want to be held accountable for idiotic statements, don't make idiotic statements.

The iPhone is better than the Pre in a number of ways; every way is just factually incorrect and idiotic fan boi pathetic hyperbole.
    Great example. That's how the 3GS works.
    Ok let me explain a bit for people who dont know much about Palm Pre and Iphone. Since this is Pre forum (I love it) everyone knows that only apps/services run in the background (as far as I know)on Pre after restart (& run all the time) are notifications, update service (connects to Palm backup server to, backup, check any updates, remote wipe etc). All other apps you have to start from blank.

Now on Apple Iphone (beginning from 2g to 3GS) it runs most of the native apps made by apple in background. It just dont have data connected till you launch the app. So for email app itself its running in background, browser is running in background. When you close the app what it does is stop is data to that app. I learned this thing by jalbreaking my iphone 2g and installing an app called backgrounder (I guess that was the name) from Cydia. It basically force apps to run in background. After installation I found that most of Iphone native "apple made" apps were already running in the background. Services were running but data was off. So that is why those specific apps on Iphone launch quickly because by default they are running already after restart.

True comparison would be any "non Apple made" app launching and multitasking. Please let me know if you find any issue with my finding and want to correct me.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.

How the phone performs is 100% based on a user's preference. You're such an annoying fanboy that you've got people that don't even have Pre's against you.
    Can u forward a text message? or even copy and paste it?
    Quote Originally Posted by JRocket21 View Post
    Is that an honest question or are you trolling?

The current 1.0 software does not currently allow copy/paste or forwarding of text messages. I'm sure they will be added very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRocket21 View Post
    This is obviously a big deal to the fanboys or there wouldn't be so many on here today coming out of the bushes to comment on it.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast