Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A few months ago, quite a few of us bought new PDAs. From Sony Clies to Palm M500 & 505 to Edges to Pocket PCs even. Love was in the air alright. But now that time has passed, is that love still there or are you about to creep on your PDA

I am still loving my 710 and now that I upgraded her with the 760 rom (perform at your own risk) its like it were brand new again.

We still hold hands walking through the park
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    We still hold hands walking through the park
    Prism is starting to look a bit chubby, and I am getting tired of straining at it at the bus stop (Minnesota weather helps: we never see the sun!). Otherwise, I like her. When (and I do mean when, not if) HS comes out with an update, I will upgrade, however. But I don't feel the need to do it any time soon.
    Me and my clie are still tight and all, but not like it used to be. I still love her lots, but the kinda adrenaline rush you get from a new PDA or toy is gone. It's just my sony clie, and I still use it all the time for what I need it for. I love it, but i'm not crazy about it. It works, its great, I love it.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    hey, just wondering what the AZN stands for. you're not in a Qiii clan are you?

mc
    I'm still holding onto my M505...but just by a thread. It's hard to stay faithful when there are so many cool new sleezy "toys" hitting the market. This rumor about the Sony T415 has me intrigued. And if it weren't for the dust issue, I would have migrated to a Clie 760 by now.

And, of course, I'm VERY interested in seeing Apple's new audio device next Tuesday! Can't wait!
    Me and the 505 are still hanging tough. Color, size, metal and memory expansion all zipped up in my slim profile FC zipper case! What term did Dr Who use for his ship disguised as a phone booth? That what it feels like I'm carrying around.

Hey this should be a cool thread to hang out in for a while....
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    While I didn't switch to another brand, I did get a Prism. It's cool. The screen is really bright so the games rock, that's why we bought color, right?
    You dang skippy i am a faithfull Handspring dude.

Well thats untill i finally realize that they are not going to come out with a 16mb color Edge!

Pluss also realize that i wont be able to get the color Treo untill june2002

and realize that the springboards are dying

but untill thenYou dang skippy i am a faithfull Handspring dude.
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    hey, just wondering what the AZN stands for. you're not in a Qiii clan are you?

mc
    I am going to assume that it means "Asian Computer Nerd".

As for remaining faithful, considering I just got my 760 in the last couple of weeks, I would say yes.

I do feel that I will always have some loyalty to HandSpring. After all, I still own my original Visor Deluxe (my Dad uses it) and my wife has a Visor Deluxe of her own (a Green one). It was my first PDA and all, how could I ever completely give it up?

I will say this, it will take a major design change to get me to leave my Clie. I love this thing.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    No - but the faithlessness wasn't on my part. The edge, though appearing durable, wasn't able to handle my affections. Now that I have my mistress in leather, she goes with me everywhere. Though chubby, she's got it where it counts.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    A lot of you people are going to laugh at me, but I really really love the edge (for the month that I had it). Right now, my m505 is great and all, but the lack of a decent case/screen protection and the size of it(width-wise) makes me long for the edge form factor (and style) again.

However, It's going to take a lot more than a simple colour edge to make me switch back however since I've grown to appreciate the backlit grafitti area and the SDcard slot(which i use heavily). I think handspring realizes this, that they can't just make a m505 equivalent. They need to go above and beyond so that even people with m505's will even consider switching.

Perhaps handspring has a thin pocketpc up their sleeve.. =) , Ah, i'm just dreaming...
    I've been faithful to my Visor Plat since January. But I've been looking around. As long as I just look and not touch, that's not cheating, right?

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Originally posted by GSR13
    I will say this, it will take a major design change to get me to leave my Clie. I love this thing.
    What's your opinion of the tectile feedback between stylus and screen?
    Originally posted by mr_yellow
    A lot of you people are going to laugh at me, but I really really love the edge (for the month that I had it). Right now, my m505 is great and all, but the lack of a decent case/screen protection and the size of it(width-wise) makes me long for the edge form factor (and style) again
    No decent cases?? Go to Brighthand.com and check out several threads on a myriad of excellent cases for the 505
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    No decent cases?? Go to Brighthand.com and check out several threads on a myriad of excellent cases for the 505
    DirectCase.com has a few as well.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by slotmachine

What's your opinion of the tectile feedback between stylus and screen?
    I really do not notice a difference at all. I have now owned a Deluxe, Prism, and the Clie and to me they all feel about the same. I can notice a slight difference when using a Deluxe for some reason. Otherwise, it seems very similar to my Prism.

Of course, it could have something to do with always using a WriteRight or it could be that I am not overly sensitive to the Feedback.

I do notice much better Graffiti recognition, which could simply be part of OS4.

Have you heard specific complaints or did you notice something during your fling with the 710?
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    The screen seemed a little "tougher" than the Palm and the Visor, but I got used to it after a few days.
    I am still faithful to my Ice Visor Deluxe. I will always be faithful to Handspring. Springboard rocks!
    Faithful to my VDX until HandSpring comes out with a High-Res color PDA, unless...
    [list=1][*]Sony puts out a Clie with better buttons and a bit more "sturdy" to it (subjective opinion)[*]...or Palm does the same[/list=1]
    I feel like I've given HandSpring enough time to come out with a competing product. It sounds as if they're putting all their money on the Treo.

Maybe that's a good idea, financially; I'm just not interested in one.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I have been a happy Prism user for almost a year now and I am holding to Handspring by a thread. I have "sold" about 5 others on Visors in my organization, most recentl pointed a friend to the Pro...however, I keep seeing Sony quickly releasing interesting models. I only own one springboard (Soundsgood with the energy clip, which I love and was deeply disappointed when it was discontinued) but have been pondering the MemPlug CF.

Here is my quandry: I will buy a new color model if it has the right specs. Is Handspring aware of all the users out here that are waiting on edge (no pun intended) for a new innovative product. The treo is fine, but it is in no way an upgrade to the Visor/Springboard platform. If the Christmas season comes and goes without any announcement from Handspring, I may move to another platform (Sony, PPC etc). What I, and many others, desire is something new, innovative, and compelling for Visor users.

New screen technology, smaller form factor (not the Edge though, but the deluxe size would be great), a classier casing, either SD and Springboard built in -- or just Springboard (we just want to know), Jog Rocker, and something cool (build in the MP3 (or continue a good MP3 springboard themselves), better video, Beat plus style sound built in??? something)

Anyway, I want Handspring to succeed with the million or so Visor owners....if they can keep us in a great upgrade path (PDAs are still a very fun hobby for many of us they will succeed. The Treo will diversify and perhaps grab some corporated share, but give us cool visors.

Thanks,
    Reid
    Truth matters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast