Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
  1.    #1  
    Just saw Apple PAY MONEY FOR 30 SECONDS to advertise.....copy and paste on the new 3GS. LOL. Cracks me up. Only Apple.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Just saw Apple PAY MONEY FOR 30 SECONDS to advertise.....copy and paste on the new 3GS. LOL. Cracks me up. Only Apple.

    cut and paste didnt exist until apple put it into the iphone.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. #3  
    I just saw that on TV too! I kinda laughed. They paid all that cash to advertise copy and paste? So... Palm advertises multitasking and Apple advertises copy and paste... That's great.
  4. #4  
    Laugh all you want but this is what makes apple successful... they show actual demos of how the phone works on TV, people LOVE this - way better than palm's metaphoric flowing together artsiness...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Laugh all you want but this is what makes apple successful... they show actual demos of how the phone works on TV, people LOVE this - way better than palm's metaphoric flowing together artsiness...
    No, No, No.

    This makes people buy things:

    If Palm put that on the battery cover, people would buy it.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Laugh all you want but this is what makes apple successful... they show actual demos of how the phone works on TV, people LOVE this - way better than palm's metaphoric flowing together artsiness...
    And it looks like you can cut and paste anything: non-textbox text, images and hyperlinks. I hope the Pre gets this in a future update.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Laugh all you want but this is what makes apple successful... they show actual demos of how the phone works on TV, people LOVE this - way better than palm's metaphoric flowing together artsiness...
    You mean, the same company that has a multimillion dollar ad campaign with two guys pretending to be computers? Actual demos my arse....
  8. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #8  
    For some people, that apple sign turns them on.
    But for me... no way.

    After seeing how my Apple Ipod Video turned out, I decided I would never buy an Apple product again.
  9. #9  
    Oh_ and they're showing off voice control because they invented that too.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    You mean, the same company that has a multimillion dollar ad campaign with two guys pretending to be computers?
    lmao
  11. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Just saw Apple PAY MONEY FOR 30 SECONDS to advertise.....copy and paste on the new 3GS. LOL. Cracks me up. Only Apple.
    And how much did Sprint pay for those beautiful 30sec commercials that don't demo anything? I know some people can be critical of Apple, but their iPhone commercials are effective in that it actually shows the product, shows apps and makes it desirable for potential customers (unlike the I'm a Mac ads that are only appealing to the existing users).

    Also, even though it's ridiculous as heck copy/paste took so long, their implementation is very good. The Pre way of doing it is passable but it would work better with an actual D-Pad so I'm hoping someday they give cursor control to the Pre nipple.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Also, even though it's ridiculous as heck copy/paste took so long, their implementation is very good. The Pre way of doing it is passable but it would work better with an actual D-Pad so I'm hoping someday they give cursor control to the Pre nipple.
    I agree that their implementation is much nicer than on the Pre (and that it shouldn't have taken so long for Apple to do it) but I think the point is more that they've got two ads going showing off features they should've had (and many other devices have done) a long time ago, and they're spotlighting them like they invented it. Just like a while back when they had a whole commercial on the app where it listens to music and tells you what song it is - a feature my wife showed off to me on her Verizon phone years ago.

    And people will buy into it like they're the originators because it's Apple.
  13. plio's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #13  
    Not to troll, but I want to keep it real: Yes, Apple is very hot now, but I just want to remind everyone that it wasn't always this way.

    Back in the 90's Apple was pooped on by everybody and folks thought I was a nutcase for sticking with them... They have had some hard days and made some terrible decisions. Jobs has really worked magic there and they have defined themselves by keeping a very clean, clear vision, a tight product line, and for innovating and delivering to an ever-growing customer base.

    They have earned it and bootstraped themselves!

    Now the good news... Palm has recently had some hard times and now smart folks like Rubenstein are at the helm... if Apple could do it, Palm can do it too!

    Let's ride this train to victory!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by plio View Post
    Not to troll, but I want to keep it real: Yes, Apple is very hot now, but I just want to remind everyone that it wasn't always this way.

    Back in the 90's Apple was pooped on by everybody and folks thought I was a nutcase for sticking with them... They have had some hard days and made some terrible decisions. Jobs has really worked magic there and they have defined themselves by keeping a very clean, clear vision, a tight product line, and for innovating and delivering to an ever-growing customer base.

    They have earned it and bootstraped themselves!

    Now the good news... Palm has recently had some hard times and now smart folks like Rubenstein are at the helm... if Apple could do it, Palm can do it too!

    Let's ride this train to victory!
    that's not trolling. its facts but im pretty sure EVERYONE should have known that.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by plio View Post
    Not to troll, but I want to keep it real: Yes, Apple is very hot now, but I just want to remind everyone that it wasn't always this way.

    Back in the 90's Apple was pooped on by everybody and folks thought I was a nutcase for sticking with them... They have had some hard days and made some terrible decisions. Jobs has really worked magic there and they have defined themselves by keeping a very clean, clear vision, a tight product line, and for innovating and delivering to an ever-growing customer base.

    They have earned it and bootstraped themselves!

    Now the good news... Palm has recently had some hard times and now smart folks like Rubenstein are at the helm... if Apple could do it, Palm can do it too!

    Let's ride this train to victory!
    Man, I hope your right. But I do remember when Apple was in the toilet...HAHAHA

    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Oh_ and they're showing off voice control because they invented that too.
    On the 7th day, God err..I mean Steve Jobs created Apple Inc.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  16. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #16  
    Yeah, I saw it too. "The new iPhone 3Gs... you can copy stuff and, look, you can paste it too! The most powerful iPhone ever!"

    Had to laugh.

    But what I thought was peculiar is that it looked like, if you were copying a phone number for example, you'd have to specify the range. Why doesn't it recognize that the text is a phone number and default in the range? Oh man, I can see the iPhone forum posts now. "Doesn't recognize phone number as text. Worst phone EVER!"
  17. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I think the point is more that they've got two ads going showing off features they should've had (and many other devices have done) a long time ago, and they're spotlighting them like they invented it.
    I agree, but that's the fault of the current media. Most journalists use Macs and that's fine, but the problem is when they cross over from being an "unbiased journalist" to a diehard fan that applauds and cheers throughout an Apple keynote. How exactly can you present a fair article if you're sucked into the reality distortion field Apple creates.

    I'm a Mac user but I find todays tech journalists to be disgusting because nowadays everything is about sensationalism. The media knows Apple didn't "invent" things like copy/paste, video or MMS but they still go on reporting like Apple pioneered something they came late to the market with because it generates webhits.
    Last edited by Urkel; 06/30/2009 at 01:47 AM.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Oh_ and they're showing off voice control because they invented that too.
    You say it as though voice control and other post of cut and paste are laughable things to be spending ad money on because they should have been default features.

    Now I know that it was iPhone fans besides other critics that may have touted the phone as the best 'smartphone' out there and all that...

    But I remember that apple had from the start called it and kept calling it more of a 'phone, iPod, Internet or browsing device' than a smartphone. I think they pushed it as a revolutionary device and in all honesty I think it is because it's helped get phones to the way they are now... Otherwise we could still be with winmo type phones where ms had no foresight to make it any better or give the people what they wanted.

    But apple didn't want cut and paste and such because again they wanted to make their kind of phone... But the world wanted it to be a smartphone and they could have kept it the same and just be like any other niche phone that comes and goes but they listened and saw the potential and has slowly given the people what they wanted. Impressive because who other did that so fast? Again with ms, you hoped they would update their os 'someday' and any features you got, 'they' decided.

    So apple has given cut and paste and voice control.. People made it an issue so their spending money to ad it... They got money to burn. But you have to admit that advertising it, when they do a feature, they really go beyond and do it where cut and paste could have been clunky and simplistic like pre just to say it can do it, but it's easy and function and powerful in what it can copy and paste. Also with voice control... And noticed you didn't just say voice dialing... They could have done simple button and 'call john'... But it's almost a universal search type control where you can play music with voice and etc. Admit it, it's slick. They should advertise it and the ads are working.

    Better than ads going head to head with apple (which admittedly palm needs to do)
  19. #19  
    these kids don't remember but back on the day, bill gates was god. Steve got kicked out of his own company apple.

    My first computer was an apple iie. Those were the days. Haven't had an apple computer since but I respect them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Man, I hope your right. But I do remember when Apple was in the toilet...HAHAHA



    On the 7th day, God err..I mean Steve Jobs created Apple Inc.
  20. #20  
    Say what you will about Apple but the Iphone GS (besides multi tasking) is a better device. It is also advertised better is faster in just about everything and obviously has more applications.

    Say what you will about their speed of updates but palms has been working on the Pre for years and still has a lot of catchup. So apple may be slow but no one has beaten them yet so are they really that slow? Is it really just marketing?

    No. Like it or not the product delivers out of the box. Especially the 3gs which is what the Pre is competing with.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions