Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I completely agree with this statement. If Palm wants to stay afloat they need to invest more on advertisement. I guess when you have practically NO APPS or BASIC function's YET what is there to advertise.
    The Pre has plenty of positives to advertise. Browser, multitasking, synergy messaging, notifications, OTA updates, wireless syncing, speed of camera, etc. Apps? Pandora and others..no matter how many you have you still only pick a few to show off.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Who's fault is that? They have money to advertise.
    That wasn't even close to the point.
    I've been watching a movie on Comedy Central this morning and in the past four commercial breaks I have seen FOUR iPhone commercials.

Why does this bother me? Well, I guess I just do not like the craziness Apple is stirring. I've felt this way about a lot of things being advertised where people will argue with fiery passion about "x superior product" because they saw it on television. I do not blame Apple for campaigning like this(it is business) but I can't help but wonder where the competitors are? Competition only brings us consumers better products.

I remember Winmo had an ad on TV once which showed a business guy flying to somewhere and upon arrival having a meeting where he hooked his phone up to a projector and gave a power point presentation. I was wowed at that and though I had no practical use for it because I was just starting college, I felt that this phone really had something.

Fast forward to today. I have a Pre. I still have no real use for most of what it is designed to do(please someone hire me to do something other than make food for ungrateful customers.) The thing I do see is more potential that obviously trumps the present competition in its design. What worries me is wondering if Web OS will be able to weather the storm. Are we really going to be stuck with only one or two choices in phone OS?

Meh, I am sure I had some point so sorry for the wall-o-text critting you all but I think some of you will get my point.

afterthought: How do people stand doing normal texting on the iPhone? I have a Touch with AIM installed and have only used it once before never touching it again. It seriously boggles my mind.
    I bought an iMac and an iBook a few years back for no other reason than to help give MS a little competition as I think that's good for everybody. When all of your lurking, trolling and bashing pays off and the Pre goes away - and you're stuck with no choice other than what Lord Jobs decides that you need - remember that you asked for it.

But I suppose that once you're firmly attached to that Apple teet, you probably don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The Pre has plenty of positives to advertise. Browser, multitasking, synergy messaging, notifications, OTA updates, wireless syncing, speed of camera, etc. Apps? Pandora and others..no matter how many you have you still only pick a few to show off.
    Yeah, right? So why travel all the way to China, hire 500 people, dress 'em in orange prison garb, compose a new age song, and hire a big orchestra to play it just to film a vague montage of synchronized circle dancers and a lady on a rock with a complicated life? I'm sure that ate up a few more advertising bucks than a 20 second spot with a phone, a finger, a voice, and words.

Even if you hate the cult of Apple, you have to question the intellect of Palm when you see such an untargeted, uninformative context-free feature movie outtake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yeah, right? So why travel all the way to China, hire 500 people, dress 'em in orange prison garb, compose a new age song, and hire a big orchestra to play it just to film a vague montage of synchronized circle dancers and a lady on a rock with a complicated life? I'm sure that ate up a few more advertising bucks than a 20 second spot with a phone, a finger, a voice, and words.

Even if you hate the cult of Apple, you have to question the intellect of Palm when you see such an untargeted, uninformative context-free feature movie outtake.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    I don't get this thread, so what if Apple airs commercials on copy and paste. Is there a law stating you can't do this, they never claimed they invented copy and paste. They just aired a commercial showing their implementation of it. They also air different commercials showing different aspects of the iphone. Apple doesn't have no monopoly on tv commercials. Why doesn't Palm go and show the features that their phone has, even if Palm is a small company and doesnt have the resources to do it, what about the likes of Microsoft, Microsoft is a bigger company than Apple. Why aren't they doing it? What about Nokia, RIM, Google. Right you need to find another reason to hate on Apple. If those other companies feel they have superior products why aren't they beating their chests and advertising it, it's not like they don't have the money to do it. People are just mad because Apple is successful, people forget that Apple always wasn't this successful. As long as 10-12 years ago, the company was struggling. They have worked hard to get to where they are, but I guess once you get successful all the haters start lining up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    I don't get this thread, so what if Apple airs commercials on copy and paste.
    The point of this thread is most people here don't understand focused, "everyman" marketing. It would seem Palm doesn't either.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I just watched the Pre commercial again and I, too, have to wonder how many people will get "simultaneously updating multiple live applications".
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234