Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Say what you will about Apple but the Iphone GS (besides multi tasking) is a better device. It is also advertised better is faster in just about everything and obviously has more applications.

    Say what you will about their speed of updates but palms has been working on the Pre for years and still has a lot of catchup. So apple may be slow but no one has beaten them yet so are they really that slow? Is it really just marketing?

    No. Like it or not the product delivers out of the box. Especially the 3gs which is what the Pre is competing with.
    And that sadly has what we all have been saying here since we heard the specs for the Pre. We could have lived with the lack of apps ect. But when we heard that it only had 8gb of storage, that is when it took a hit. Like it or not the bigger is better attitude still reigns in retail. And Apple knows that all too well.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    And that sadly has what we all have been saying here since we heard the specs for the Pre. We could have lived with the lack of apps ect. But when we heard that it only had 8gb of storage, that is when it took a hit. Like it or not the bigger is better attitude still reigns in retail. And Apple knows that all too well.
    8gb is ok... But no memory card slot?!!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    8gb is ok... But no memory card slot?!!
    And I wholly agree with you. You and me know better. Lots of others not on here DON"T.
  4. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Say what you will about Apple but the Iphone GS (besides multi tasking) is a better device. It is also advertised better is faster in just about everything and obviously has more applications.

    Say what you will about their speed of updates but palms has been working on the Pre for years and still has a lot of catchup. So apple may be slow but no one has beaten them yet so are they really that slow? Is it really just marketing?

    No. Like it or not the product delivers out of the box. Especially the 3gs which is what the Pre is competing with.
    Hasn't apple been working on the iphone for years? Its in its 3rd iteration and still doesn't fully support MMS yet.

    The iphone is great if you want to play crash bandicoot or play with a fart app or facebook instead of working.

    Ive been able to multitask for a few years now with windows based phones( to a degree ) but the pre just delivers. Less time working, more time enjoying life.

    While the 3G S may be "faster" it doesn't make it more productive or exactly fit in with most business infrastructures. In the end if the iPhone works for you, great, but this is PreCentral so please go someplace else.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    And I wholly agree with you. You and me know better. Lots of others not on here DON"T.
    you know that feeling when you're in another town, watching another team at their local bar... And the buddy with you stands and shouts... "you guys eat azz!?"

    I'm just saying they should have put a memory card slot, that's all. Lol
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWood View Post
    Hasn't apple been working on the iphone for years? Its in its 3rd iteration and still doesn't fully support MMS yet.

    The iphone is great if you want to play crash bandicoot or play with a fart app or facebook instead of working.

    Ive been able to multitask for a few years now with windows based phones( to a degree ) but the pre just delivers. Less time working, more time enjoying life.

    While the 3G S may be "faster" it doesn't make it more productive or exactly fit in with most business infrastructures. In the end if the iPhone works for you, great, but this is PreCentral so please go someplace else.
    I own a Pre the difference is I can be critical of my device without it affecting my Epeen unlike many. I also want it improved because the GS shouldn't be that much faster than the Pre. You may be happy with the Pre donkey punching you without comaint I prefer to voice those complaints so they can be fixed.

    If you don't like that then stay off the Internet.
  7. #27  
    Yes, The iphone is pretty dang cool when you want to play a racing game on a 3 inch screen. I prefer playing games on a high definition TV with surround sound blasting in the entire room. But I can see how a game on the iphone is just as good.... Oh Wait!!!!
  8. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I own a Pre the difference is I can be critical of my device without it affecting my Epeen unlike many. I also want it improved because the GS shouldn't be that much faster than the Pre. You may be happy with the Pre donkey punching you without comaint I prefer to voice those complaints so they can be fixed.

    If you don't like that then stay off the Internet.
    What is there to be hyper critical about, it works. My 3 exchange accounts synced with no issues, 2 imaps and 1 pop. My calendar syncs, attachments download and open.

    What needs to be fixed? Im at the point now with the Pre where I don't even have to use my laptop as often to do email or work.

    Nothing on the phone seems to be broken. Its been out for less than a month and only seems to get better. 10 days for an OS update? How long do other companies take?
  9. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #29  
    Also- the iphone 3G S isn't much faster than the pre. Unless you are counting the gaming graphics...

    Ohh wow the iphone loaded a whole second before the pre on watchthistool.com

    My old Samsung i760 loaded webpages faster than both.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWood View Post
    Hasn't apple been working on the iphone for years? Its in its 3rd iteration and still doesn't fully support MMS yet.

    The iphone is great if you want to play crash bandicoot or play with a fart app or facebook instead of working.

    Ive been able to multitask for a few years now with windows based phones( to a degree ) but the pre just delivers. Less time working, more time enjoying life.

    While the 3G S may be "faster" it doesn't make it more productive or exactly fit in with most business infrastructures. In the end if the iPhone works for you, great, but this is PreCentral so please go someplace else.

    God, I'm so sick of this first generation excuse. As a buyer, I don't care what generation a phone or OS is. I'm going to compare the features, functionality, quality and reliability of the phones as they exist at the time I'm ready to buy. I'm not buying potential, I'm buying functionality that helps me manage my day. I'm not buying a toy (although I realize some of you are doing just that) to play with, root and hack. I'm buying a tool, to do a job.

    I'm not iPhone fanboy. I don't own one, and don't want one. But right now the iPhone offers a lot more than the Pre does. Full copy and paste may be new to the iPhone, but the Pre doesn't do it yet. Video recording may be old hat, but the iPhone does it and the Pre doesn't. That's what customers will notice. While there may be hundreds of fart apps, there are also thousands of useful productivity apps, almost none of which exist for the Pre.

    It matters not to the typical buyer that the Pre might, some day, if we all have faith and cheer real loud, add to the Pre the features that half a dozen other devices have today, and fix all the bugs that they let out the door, and offer a wide selection of useful apps. What matter to the typical buyer is what the Pre has today.

    And the "go somewhere else" attitude is a bit juvenile, don't you think? The purpose of this forum is to discuss the Pre, warts and all, and that includes how it compares to competing devices. If hearing dissenting views bothers you so much, then stop reading them.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Yes, The iphone is pretty dang cool when you want to play a racing game on a 3 inch screen. I prefer playing games on a high definition TV with surround sound blasting in the entire room. But I can see how a game on the iphone is just as good.... Oh Wait!!!!
    And I can Citrix into my desktop and with my Citrix App or conference in with my WebEx app and anything I need to do for work too And I can play dice poker too The phone is productive enough for me but if I really needed to be productive, I'll use my laptop or my desktop
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWood View Post
    Nothing on the phone seems to be broken. Its been out for less than a month and only seems to get better. 10 days for an OS update? How long do other companies take?
    Spoken like a true fan boy! Have you read ANY of the threads here about problems with the phone? There are literally hundreds of them. Then again, with only 4 posts, my guess is you're new to smart phones, and have no idea what's missing from the Pre that's common on other smart phones. But trust me, there are lots of things missing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  13. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    And the "go somewhere else" attitude is a bit juvenile, don't you think? The purpose of this forum is to discuss the Pre, warts and all, and that includes how it compares to competing devices. If hearing dissenting views bothers you so much, then stop reading them.
    You don't do too well with mandatory internet rules do you? Ive been looking for a good place to insert "thats what she said" as well.
  14. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    And I can Citrix into my desktop and with my Citrix App or conference in with my WebEx app and anything I need to do for work too And I can play dice poker too The phone is productive enough for me but if I really needed to be productive, I'll use my laptop or my desktop
    But you can't play dice poker and play with your fart app at the same time
  15. #35  
    Back to the original topic, Apple is also running ads about the amazing video recording capability of the 3GS. I'd laugh, since the Treo has had the capability for years, but then I remember that, oh, yeah, the Pre doesn't do that, either. FAIL.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWood View Post
    Also- the iphone 3G S isn't much faster than the pre. Unless you are counting the gaming graphics...

    Ohh wow the iphone loaded a whole second before the pre on watchthistool.com

    My old Samsung i760 loaded webpages faster than both.
    Pull up your calculator dude... respond back tomorrow when it's loaded.

    Edit... I apologize. That was low.
  17. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Spoken like a true fan boy! Have you read ANY of the threads here about problems with the phone? There are literally hundreds of them. Then again, with only 4 posts, my guess is you're new to smart phones, and have no idea what's missing from the Pre that's common on other smart phones. But trust me, there are lots of things missing.
    Problems with hardware is not the same as the phone not working. Everything comes out with some manufacturing issues. Its what happens when we let people build stuff that work 20 hours a day and get paid 30 cents a week.

    Sure there are things missing- if every phone manufacturer sat and waiting till their phone had everything they would never make it. Sometimes you got to get off the pot and wait till later to finish.

    If someone bought a Pre without checking to see if it could do what they needed first thats their fault. Same with any other phone. I probably would of bought an iphone at some point to check out if it wasn't for being with AT&T just like I wouldn't mind testing a G1.

    However im not going to cry because my Pre doesn't do video, its a feature i never use on my phone. Copy and paste will be out soon- infact I didn't even notice it wasn't there until someone said it after launch as I don't copy/paste very often.

    The phone works great for me and many others. Most of us realize that you can't have a phone that does everything.
  18. #38  
    i do think iPhone's copy and paste is a very good implementation Palm should learn.

    but the copy and paste really shines when you can do multitasking.

    So I think this is half and half.

    Still, I agree with OP, only apple can be so ridiculous, copy and paste is fine, but its still a tiny bit thing that all other phones have been ding for years. Apple fanboys are really living in caves.
  19. Dacsoft's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #39  
    I personally liked the new Iphone advertisement with Cut and Paste. I hope the Pre improves the way they handle this task. I have a hard time using the current method.

    I don't know about the IPhone, but Apple wants money to add that function to my IPod Touch.
  20. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Pull up your calculator dude... respond back tomorrow when it's loaded.

    Edit... I apologize. That was low.
    Ohh man that was slow. Good thing I was able to send out an email while it loaded
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions