Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Why the heck do you guys respond to threads like this? If ur not willing to answer his questions than don't reply! You guys are over loving your phones, its just a PHONE!
    k...
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    Why the heck do you guys respond to threads like this? If ur not willing to answer his questions than don't reply! You guys are over loving your phones, its just a PHONE!
    ya i agree with you. he said he wants a phone thats good at being a phone. while i'm the opposite and rarely talk on the phone, some people still prefer that method.. o_O
    anyway the lotus is pretty good for a dumb phone but don't expect to be able to do half the stuff that you can with a smart phone.
    theres opera mini for browsing the web (which i'm not a fan of but it works)
    snaptu is a great app with other cool apps in it (twitter, facebook, news readers, etc..)
    and there's a way to put pandora on it also
    but thats about it
    This is off topic but could you post your wallpaper Far Left Texas? Those antique maps look cool.
  5.    #45  
    777 - My PrPrPr&#$275$; $wallpaper$ $is$ $the$ $1689$ $van$ $Schagen$ $world$ $map$. $There$ $are$ $zillions$ $of$ $images$ $all$ $over$ $the$ $internet$, $a$ $Google$ $image$ $search$ $is$ $fascinating$. Antique Map van Schagen World & Continents 5 maps is probably where I got this one.

The image is public domain, here's the wallpaper straight from my PrPrPr&#$275$;:

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    My daughter won't even settle for an Instink, my wife hates her Lotus. I don't think I've ever slid my Pre to answer. If you are thinking of returning it for this then you probably should have never considered a PDA/ Smartphone. And if you think you are going to like the Instink you will be really upset. There is a reason I call it the Instink.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    Exactly. If the PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $in$ $standby$, $that$'$s$ $not$ $too$ $difficult$.

But if the screen is visible when the call comes in, touching the middle of the screen (where the "slide-me-up" green button lives when the screen is shutdown) opens my contacts list and hides the phone app.

The photo below on the left shows the PrPrPr&#$275$; $screen$ $when$ $a$ $call$ $comes$ $in$ $and$ $the$ $screen$ $is$ $off$. $The$ $photo$ $on$ $the$ $right$ $shows$ $the$ $screen$ $when$ $a$ $call$ $comes$ $in$ $and$ $the$ $screen$ $is$ $on$:

So - if the phone rings and I touch the middle spot, I get two completely different results depending on whether the PrPrPr&#$275$; $screen$ $had$ $shut$ $off$ $or$ $not$.
    I agree that this is a bad system. They should have one answer screen, and it should be clear what is going on. I'll admit that I accidentally hung up on the first few people to call me until I figured it out.

Maybe the answer screen should have a large arrow pointing up from the green dot that says "answer" along it. or something.. or something.
    I dont know why you keep posting things trying to downgrade the Pre or "Im getting something else" We dont care what you do. Your being a troll. If the answer key is really your problem learn to work around it. I cant believe anyone responded to this after the last few topics from this guy.
    What a bunch of jerks on this forum. I think the op has a legitimate question!

Here is my legitimate answer:

what about a Bluetooth headset with a physical button to answer? I agree sometimes it's difficult to answer the Pre without looking at the screen.

-n8
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    The OP didn't have any questions. He had complaints and a statement that he was getting rid of his Pre.

Correction: his question was which dumbphone he should get instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    I dont know why you keep posting things trying to downgrade the Pre or "Im getting something else" We dont care what you do. Your being a troll. If the answer key is really your problem learn to work around it. I cant believe anyone responded to this after the last few topics from this guy.
    he isn't being a troll, he just doesn't think the pre is the right phone for him which is fine, he doesn't need to learn to work around it if he doesn't want to, not everyone in the world has to like this phone or buy it.
    he didn't bash the phone and say he was buying an iphone instead, he was just asking if anyone had any experience with other sprint phones.

just because someone isn't in love with the pre doesn't make them a troll, the fanboyism on this site has gotten ridiculous
    Op, I had a great time with the Motorola ic902, now, I'm very, very happy with my Pre, so, if you think you will be comfortable with a Flip phone, check this one here:

Motorola Deluxe ic902 (Sprint) Cell Phone reviews - CNET Reviews

It has a button with a quick release mechanism that houses the notification light, and the price is way cheaper nowadays, you can use the same plan you already have, since the ic902 uses EVDO and is capable for Sprint TV, Radio, Navigation and all that good stuff, of course not as good and fast as the Pre, but hey, you were not made for the Pre! Right?
    Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck.

*Goes back to play and enjoy his Palm Pre*
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  13.    #53  
    I spent a lot of time looking at the Lotus and assorted Treos and Blackberrys. Sadly, the PrPrPr&#$275$; $has$ $spoiled$ $me$, $I$ $had$ $severe$ $WTF$ $moments$ $with$ $the$ $Lotus$' $tiny$ $screen$ $and$ $with$ $the$ $Blackberry$ $web$ $browser$.

It was easier for me to hear on the Lotus, but my test subject on the other end couldn't tell any difference in my speaking voice.

I'm sticking with the PrPrPr&#$275$; $due$ $to$ $how$ $well$ $it$ $does$ $everything$ $besides$ $the$ $actual$ $telephone$ $itself$. $I$'$m$ $hoping$ $apps$ $come$ $along$ $allowing$ $things$ $like$ $a$ $smaller$ $hang$-$up$-$the$-$phone$ $button$, $maybe$ $something$ $like$ $triple$-$click$ $the$ $round$ $button$ $to$ $answer$ - $the$ $possibilities$ $are$ $endless$.

Maybe there will be a PrPrPr&#$275$; $flip$ $phone$ $someday$!

Special thanks to the people in this thread who gave constructive advice to a smart-phone novice who was asking some legit questions about the benefits of other phones.
    I'm glad to hear that
    I've been really happy with my Pre, out of all the "smartphones" I used in the past (Treo 800w, HTC Touch Pro, BB Curve, iPhone, Etc); this Pre is the BEST!
    "Live Long and Prosper" with your Pre...
    Until the next best device from Palm/Sprint, that is
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123