Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I think the Pre may be overkill for the wife. Love mine, keeping it. But she wants to go back to Blackberry.

Only problem is we bought our Pres on launch day & she wants to wait for the BB Tour to come to Sprint & its not being released until July 20.

So what are her options? Since the 20th is about 2 weeks after the 30 day trial/return period, is she just outta luck?? Thanks.
    just return and go to old phone (or if new customers buy one on ebay and add that and see if they will notate your account that you did not get a phone subsidy) then on the 20th go get it,
    SCK Manager
    wives........
    If you wait past the 30 day limit, the new Pre's are all yours. Sprint won't take 'em back. You can try and resell them, or do as TMed_ATL says and return them now, using a basic Sprint phone for the short while until the Tour is released.

You can usually find something cheap on Howard Forums or on Craig's List.
    Verizon
    I'm thinking about it too. I really want to like the Pre, but the battery life build quality and general 'beta quality' software is really becoming an issue.

The Tour won't have nearly the web browser, but its hardware will be far superior and it will be as reliable as a rock.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I know a good divorce attorney.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    If you wait past the 30 day limit, the new Pre's are all yours. Sprint won't take 'em back. You can try and resell them, or do as TMed_ATL says and return them now, using a basic Sprint phone for the short while until the Tour is released..

Unrelated but have you not been forced the 1.0.3 update yet Rambo?
    SCK Manager
  8.    #8  
    Well, a big issue with her Pre is the build quality & battery life is MUCH worse on hers than mine. Mine feels like a rock compared to hers & she cant hold a charge for even a half day.

Im thinking that maybe if she exchanged her Pre for another one, that would help a lot.

BTW, if she did that, does it reset the 30 day return period??
    No 30 policy is with original start. It doesn't reset
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Well, a big issue with her Pre is the build quality & battery life is MUCH worse on hers than mine. Mine feels like a rock compared to hers & she cant hold a charge for even a half day.

Im thinking that maybe if she exchanged her Pre for another one, that would help a lot.

BTW, if she did that, does it reset the 30 day return period??
    nope, your 30 days is up 30 days after your initial purchase (June 6)
    I too will be returning to the blackberry once the tour comes out. The pre is great concept but cant hold a candle to the blackberry when it comes to business functionality. I have had an active bb curve since i have had my Pre just for that reason.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I know a good divorce attorney.
    My suggestion was going to be new wife..
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    just return and go to old phone (or if new customers buy one on ebay and add that and see if they will notate your account that you did not get a phone subsidy) then on the 20th go get it,
    Have they been known to do that?? If so, thats prob what we'll end up doing. New customers, but can get like a used Sanyo flip on eBay for super cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by neofotis View Post
    I too will be returning to the blackberry once the tour comes out. The pre is great concept but cant hold a candle to the blackberry when it comes to business functionality. I have had an active bb curve since i have had my Pre just for that reason.
    As a former winmo user and current pre user I really really don't understand this. I have to support blackberries at work and they just seem overly complex, require an additional expensive server to work, and offer no functionality advantages whatsoever, what am I missing? What is the "killer feature" of the blackberry that makes you want to go back??
    Last edited by mdmogren; 06/27/2009 at 09:08 PM.
  15.    #15  
    God, I just noticed the BB Tour doesnt have WiFi. WTF??

I understand Verizon & Sprint both have a good network, but this seriously screws it right in the **** for us because we get almost zero coverage here at home so have to use an Airave. Which does what its supposed to as far as improving the signal.

BUT, Airave doesnt improve 3G coverage at home, only signal strength, so we have to rely on our home network for that. Sorry, but not gonna force the wife to crawling 1X internet speeds at home while Im blazing it up on the Pre via WiFi.

What a dumb move.
    So that means shes gonna stick with her pre then peestandingup?
    SCK Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    As a former winmo user and current pre user I really really don't understand this. I have to support blackberries at work and they just seem overly complex, require an additional expensive server to work, and offer no functionality advantages whatsoever, what am I missing? What is the "killer feature" of the blackberry that makes you want to go back??
    I also am considering going back to my Blackberry then getting the tour when it comes out. I tried all the battery enhancing tricks with no improvement. from your quote, i take it take you never owned a blackberry. just playing around with a friends blackberry no a few mins, you will definitely not be impressed. If actually owned and used a blackberry you will understand. The pre's user interface is far more enhanced then the blackberry UI and I will love to keep my Pre, but its just not doing to job for me.
    I'm thinking about doing the same except waiting for the HTC Hero. The Pre simply needs a ton of work and I'm already sick of the general system lag compared to my previous phone. Just about every application gets bogged down for no good reason and I'm not very confident in Palm getting it fixed in a reasonable time much less before the 30 days. The three apps I use the most (email, browser and calendar) are terrible speed wise and lack far to many features.

I can always pick one up again should things change but I'm not holding by breath especially since Palm refuses to even acknowledge any issues nor will they even discuss what they are working on.
    Lack of wifi Is lame, at least you did some research
    Quote Originally Posted by farrock02 View Post
    I also am considering going back to my Blackberry then getting the tour when it comes out. I tried all the battery enhancing tricks with no improvement. from your quote, i take it take you never owned a blackberry. just playing around with a friends blackberry no a few mins, you will definitely not be impressed. If actually owned and used a blackberry you will understand. The pre's user interface is far more enhanced then the blackberry UI and I will love to keep my Pre, but its just not doing to job for me.
    "If you owned it you would understand" doesn't really help.. how about some features or reasons that make the blackberry better than other smartphones like the pre or the htc winmo phones?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast