Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    why am I NOT impressed????
    I don't know why you aren't impressed. Please tell me so that I can make an informed choice. Also how is Android a failed OS?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    dude android is a failed OS! if you leave web OS for Android that would be a major downgrade!! good luck
    I wouldn't say Android has failed. Google's idea with Android is to get as many devices running it as they can to increase market share, like Windows Mobile.

It's very different from what Palm and Apple are doing, focusing on one main device.
    pre get flash soon, and htc chins is a turn off
    WOW the level of pre - fanboyism here is almost too much almost into applelike proportions. Android is not a perfect OS, but neither is WinMo, WebOS, and whatever else is out there. But you can count on android improving quickly and efficiently. To ignore android is ignoring the future. Istrike and Aridon are the only voices of reason that balance out the obvious bias.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    Who told you that android doesn't multitask? The G1 multitasks just swell, swell I tell you. I can play music surf the web, jump on a call while music fades out after the call the music kicks in. Also you can be on the call while on the web getting info or maybe google maps to check out a local.

The notification blind allows you to pause music jump to the app or answer an email that was waiting.

Anyways I think the Pre does this more eligently and the ui is more polished but Android definitely multitasks.
    You don't know the Pre is the only phone doing 3rd party multitasking?
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    dude android is a failed OS! if you leave web OS for Android that would be a major downgrade!! good luck
    Android is a failed OS but webOS is not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    You don't know the Pre is the only phone doing 3rd party multitasking?
    You might want to add a , not everyone gets sarcasm in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    In what ways is it superior? (a genuine question)
    Ok here are a few:

1) its 100% OpenSource (excluding the Google specific apps)

2) The SDK allows you to develop using a decent OO language rather than just Javascript

3) The SDK is freely available now.

4) The phone dialler is available now

5) If you use gmail, there is a great email app on the G1 & G2

6) The developer of Chattermail is writing an Android version

The most serious limitation Android sufferes from in the US right now is it is only available on a couple of HTC phones from T-Mobile. However, WebOS is only available on one phone from Sprint so not much different there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    <--- Not a fan of huge juggernaughts of companies here so I have to agree. Palm's a fascinating company. Tiny yet able to develop a world-class phone which can compete directly with the market leaders. Talk about Davey and Goliath.
    Well they did have some help from Apple and the Open Source community.
    Quote Originally Posted by squares View Post
    WOW the level of pre - fanboyism here is almost too much almost into applelike proportions. Android is not a perfect OS, but neither is WinMo, WebOS, and whatever else is out there. But you can count on android improving quickly and efficiently. To ignore android is ignoring the future. Istrike and Aridon are the only voices of reason that balance out the obvious bias.
    "To ignore android is ignoring the future."

And we're fanboys?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Ugh@widgets and no keyboard
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  12.    #52  
    I am not concerned about the keyboard, I have a phone with a touchscreen keyboard at the moment and I am pretty handy with it.

I like that the widgets are live, to me that puts them above the cards in terms of functionality
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123